Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Often becomes easy when the easy is often..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭Lazare

DCM2022 race report

(gonna preface this by saying that things didn't go to plan, I should be disappointed but I'm not, I'm over the moon, but will be looking for advice as to why it went 'wrong')

Got a welcome text from Elaine on Saturday evening asking me about the morning Luas times and I realised that we'd be heading in there together. In 2017 I met up with a big bunch of fellow novices and it was fantastic to be with them, experiencing it with them. In 2018 I headed in alone, and ran alone and the difference was stark. So E's text gave me a good uplift. I copped also that, given we both were targeting 3:20 we would likely be running it together. People have different race strategies so I didn't strongly suggest it to her, but we kinda just naturally did it.

We got off the Luas and nipped into a cafe on O'Connell St for a toilet visit, which was wise given the queues at the start area.

Got to the bag drop at about 8:25 or so. Had a throwaway jumper over the singlet, thinking on Sat that I'd discard it over the first mile, but it was warm enough to ditch it way before the gun. Maybe that should have been a warning of what was to come, but I didn't think it nor heed it.

Gun went and we were off. E and I both agreed that we would run our own race, we would run together but if one of us wanted to hold back or head off we would do that.

First couple of miles were a touch slower than planned but not by much, it was congested and expected, zero stress about it. There were a fair few people that I felt just didn't belong in that wave, maybe dropping fitness since buying the bib and not having the sense to drop waves.

After all my shenanigans in the DCM thread about the 5k water station I felt I needed to grab a bottle at it. I said to E 'Don't tell anyone I grabbed a bottle here' lol. Another warning sign not heeded. I was very well hydrated, but I was thirsty, at 5k. I could run 20 miles without feeling thirst so this was unusual, but it's only unusual now, on reflection. During it I was just enjoying life, feeling amazing.

Onboard fuel was 3x 27gram tailwind in soft flasks, 6x Enervit Cola gels and a pack of electrolyte chews. Plan was to add 250ml of water to the soft flasks and sip, and to gel up at 5 miles and every 35 mins or so thereafter. The chews were there as a back up. Everything went well to plan on that front. (Although I lost a used soft flask at Milltown. I thought I stuck it into the back of the belt and heard a roar behind me, some lad picked it up off the road. I grabbed it off him and said TYVM then put it into the back of the belt. Only went and did the exact same thing and saw it bounce on the road lol. Thankfully that lad detoured off course for a pee and didn't see that his chivalry was wasted)

Felt the pace a little hot on Chesterfield so I said to E that I planned to do 8 min miles up this stretch and she was welcome to head on. We stuck with each other though. Crowds really injecting energy here, the first real roar at the turn onto it. Got my first shoutout here from @Omeceron, a fellow 2017 novice. I probably lost a ton of yards and energy running wide into crowds with arms in the air, feeding off the energy they gave back. I'd inject it. Was amazing.

10k went by in a blip and on target. Loving life right now. Super strong, high fiving kids, endorphins on both ends of my body. Mile splits were bang on, some of them literally bang on to the second. That's some confidence boost.

Mile 6 - 9 were pretty uneventful other than everything was perfect. My worries leading up to it about whether Covid had taken a bite were unfounded and tossed aside. I figured I'd know by 10k whether the lungs were impacted and they weren't. I had never felt fitter.

In and around mile 9 E and I got separated. I pushed on a little. Not sure whether it was mile 9 or 10 but I noticed I was about 30 secs behind the split on the band. This concerned me a little, it probably shouldn't have. I had planned to go through halfway in 1:41:x, and this was my main focus at this point, in no small way because I had told people that were tracking me. So I injected a bit of pace. Still all in line with the pace strat.

Went through halfway in 1:41:38, bang on target. Now the plan was a 1:38:x second half.

Sailed up Crumlin road, yeah it was breezy but nothing too difficult I felt. There's always a big line of unfortunate cars here that timed things shitly. I shouted at one lad sitting in his idling car 'ye wanna swap with me?' and got a good belly laugh from him. Said it again to some wan a few cars back and she just gave me daggers lol. That was the end of that joke. I suppose the point here is I was in great form, still strong, still loving it.

Great buzz running through Walkinstown rbout, again running the wide line getting the crowd going, the ultimate buzz. Another shoutout from a friend here. My wife said she would be at Borza on Crommelsfort rd if she managed to get down. Ran by there and didn't see her, but no biggie. Was only half expecting her anyway. Spotted my best friend then at the Sub and got a massive boost from that. 200m later there's my wife and 8 year old. Another injection of positivity. It's really amazing what those encounters do for you. I was on fire right now, so so strong.

Saw another pal at KCR and gave him the bicep curl to let him know I was feeling strong.

I was feeling so good and so fresh here, I was running at 4:27 - 4:30 kms and it felt effortless. My breathing was perfect. Felt so in control. I started doing some maths and realised I was heading for about a 3:18 for a target smash. Everything was visualised. Couldn't wait to update Strava with the BQ.

Then, during mile 18, coming towards Rathgar and out of the blue I got a couple of sharp jolts of cramp pain in the quads. I instantly knew the BQ was gone. The mood change was instant too. Fook.

Dropped the pace back to about 5:10km to see if the pain eased off. Thoughts of DNF at the forefront. 8 miles to go. If I seize up here it's game over.

Thankfully the eased off pace did the trick. I attempted a few times to get the pace back up but the legs were having none of it. As soon as I picked it up I got little electric shocks of pain, now throughout the legs, not just the quads. Bollox anyway I thought.

It's a horrible feeling, as I'm sure all of you reading are familiar with. You've a fooking long way home, suffering for it's entirety is puke enducing. The shooting pain got more and more frequent, even with the reduced pace. At mile 21, at what must be some convent I felt I got hit by a sniper. Both legs just gave up, shooting pain in every area. I had to stop. Two nuns came over to me to help, shouting across the road to some other guy, something about getting a medic. I looked over the road and saw this man trying to make his way over to me and I panicked thinking they were gonna put me in a wheelchair or something. Game over if that happens. Fook the fook out of that I thought, although it did feel like my credits were rolling. I said 'No No, thank you, I'm grand, thank you, it's just a cramp'. I stretched it out for what felt like about 40 secs or so and thankfully was able to get back running. It must have only been about 20 secs though looking at the splits later.

Got up heartbreak running, but didn't have the confidence to barrel back down Fosters. At UCD I got a bit of confidence back, knowing it was just a parkrun. Did some maths and figured some sub 5 min kms from this point would get me a sub 3:25. Didn't factor in the extra 200m plus the poor race line form (but good crowd control) I'd shown. Still though, it was a good thing to focus on.

Turning left at the end of Nutley was fantastic, in terms of positivity. I'd had thoughts of DNF that were banished now. Just grind this thing out. One foot in front of the other. 2k to go and I found something in me, managed to ignore the pain and pick things up again. Was suffering but the end is nigh.

Ran through the purple mile and did what I did at Myos, pumping the arms for the crowd, and they roared back and filled my veins. Ran onto the mat with my hands up in the air and fist pumped.

3:26:24 chip.

Six minutes and 25 seconds outside my target, outside a BQ. I'm so far from unhappy though. I'm wide open to advice and critique as to how things went a little south, I'm no shrinking violet and will always take critique as constructive, so please don't hold back.

I just know I've not peaked. This block has filled me with such amazing confidence. I've loved every minute of it, even the gritty Monday morning runs. I nailed every session and missed a total of four runs, three of them because of Covid and one because of travel. Didn't miss one out of lethargy.

More to come I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Super report - captured it really well.

Seemed like a very tough day for so many -I wouldn't put too much thought into a critique - a lot of people suffered and suffered early due to the conditions.

Couple the conditions with a covid recovery and theres your 6 mins.

There's always little things you can change/progress in training - not too sure what I would have changed without taking a very close look at your training. (which I wont do!)

Thank you very much A. I really hope you're doing alright. Was absolutely gutted to read your update last week.

Maybe you're right, I can't find much to fault in the things I had control over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Great report C. You ran such a good race. Everybody is talking about the heat and the humidity so most likely down to that and some people have a tendency to cramp more than others. That’s something that would be very interesting to learn more about alright. Precision Hydration were the crowd I was talking about that could be worth checking out as I know they do testing in the UK and prescribe the exact amount of salts needed on an individual basis then but I could be totally off too and might be something else. I don’t think it was your training. I’d bet if if it had been 10 degrees and way less humid then it wouldn’t have happened.

You were super and your positivity was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Great report C - you’re a very positive guy and it comes through in the way you think about and write about your running.

I said it in McGrattan’s and it’s boring to be a covid nag but I think it very possibly contributed to the endurance difficulties on the day, even if you felt you had recovered (miraculously?) immediately.

The other thing I’d say, and it relates again to your positive nature, is that you might have wasted a lot of energy with those high fives and other crowd interactions. I really enjoy doing that too (did lots of it on Sunday, and plenty of it back in 2019 too) but not when racing, and definitely not while PB attempting. It just distracts too much from the concentration required, for me anyway. When conditions are tough, as they appear to have been on Sunday, this is even more important.

Great to see you after and it was obvious you’d had a great day regardless of the result. You’ll get there - the training has been really good, I feel, and that aerobic base is still developing and will be there for you next time.

Recover well!

Post edited by Murph_D on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Ita funny. I was going to post something and thought to myself, if Murph gets in there ahead of me then I might not need to...and he did! But I'll still post

By no means would I even start to guess why the cramps happened as it could be a number of things but........and I'm just rehashing what Murph said, you need to stack the deck in your favour. When running 26.2 miles on the edge of your capability you need to conserve as much energy as possible. You're wonderfully positive and it's a joy to see people doing what they love but you have to be so methodical and selfish when going for a pb in the marathon. Maybe that's not in your nature and it could take the joy our of it completely but I doubt many of the high fivers and cheerers I saw on Sunday were planning on running at the edge.

Great report and race and I can't really complain as I was one of the many happy folks that benefited from one of your high fives 🙂

Thanks so much both of you. K, I've said it already but your result gave me such joy. You're a legend.

You're dead right D about the crowd thing, I for sure used up a fair bit of energy and distance doing it. It's such a tremendous buzz to do though, but for sure I'll have to be a bit more sensible next time.

Yeah, bang on P. I said to A upthread that I couldn't find fault in anything I had control over, but that is definitely something I should have managed better. Thinking back now I rarely paid much attention to the optimal race line either which is quite foolish.

Was amazing to see you out there, a real nice surprise. Hearing 'Go on Lazare' in that Limerick accent and immediately connecting it was you was gas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

You were also far too conversational when you saw me just before halfway 🤣 although I took that as a positive sign that you were so relaxed. Some grit shown to finish in that time though! Well done! Sorry I didn't get to chat to you in McGrattans. Recover well now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Super report C. You really captured your experience of the day so well. I don't want to repeat what others have said but as I was reading it, I was thinking the same as D & P, that all that 'fun' you were having had to be using up valuable energy. You are one of the most positive people I know, the joy you take from running and from life is just so admirable, that pure joy has come across in absolutely every interaction we've had over the last 5+ years over various platforms and in person. You are also gutsy; you go after big goals - a 40 min PB was always going to be a big ask but by golly you weren't awfully far off! You did super and should be so proud of yourself and absolutely no doubt you will be back for the 7 mins you left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Well done again C, and that's a cracking report.

My immediate thought reading the report is much like the others - this lad is enjoying himself way too much. You definitely seemed to be absolutely loving live when you passed me up Chesterfield. Nothing at all wrong with that of course, and you seemed to draw great energy from immersing yourself into the occasion, but maybe there's a balance to be struck there between enjoying the occasion while also keeping focus on the task at hand.

Can't fault anything you did in the training block itself which was excellent, but there's probably scope for more consistency year-round? I know family and life have to be accounted for, but it's just the one thing that strikes me. I'd have to think there is massive scope for further improvement with a bit more week-in/week-out consistency.

Don't mean to focus on the negatives - the positives are far greater - a massive PB for one, and I'm glad that you are focussing on those positives. Always good to analyse what went right as well. Think I'm right in saying that you used one of the Decathlon belts? All good with that?

Great to meet you again - I'll wear a name tag next time!

Ah such lovely words, thank you both so much.

V, I got a good laugh at your reply to me when I shouted 'Hey V, how you doing?' 😄

E, that feeling is 100% mutual, you're always so supportive, to everyone, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Well done, great report. Nice to meet ya, albeit briefly in McGrattons.

Thanks so much for that A, and for the support. That's very solid critique, you're bang on. I have a tendency to get lazy around December and the volume drops off a cliff. I do plan on keeping things going. I think the block I did could have benefitted me more had I been putting in more volume Jan to April.

On the belt, yeah, had a couple of issues with it. It was comfortable though which is a big positive. Struggled to get stuff back into it, found it too fiddly. Lost the flask, my pack of chews, my baby wipes and a bunch of tissues. Haha.

None of that had a detrimental effect though.

Thanks a mill D, and likewise it was great to meet you too. McG's is such a great buzz, I'll forgive them for not stocking my poncey beers 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Great report. Congrats again. I'd a nice chuckle at a few things and imagines of Robbie Coltrane (RIP) when you mentioned your encounter with Nuns on the run 😀

Haha, Nuns on the Run, hadn't even thought of that, brilliant. They were big roundy Nuns and all 😄 RIP to the big man.

Cheers N, fair play

• Advertisement

Great report C, delighted for you taking such a chunk off your time, amazing PB😀 Thanks so much for the lift & the chats & the kindness in general, you are a gent, took a lot of nerves from me travelling in on my own! I hope you are still buzzing from the day😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Cracking effort on Sunday and like others have said you were absolutely buzzing when you went by me in Chapo.

You should be proud of what you have achieved, look back at how far you have come from being part of out little Wubbles Wonders crew in 2017.

There are so many positives to take from Sunday and some areas of improvements which folks have identified above, but you know what you went out and ran your own race and enjoyed it......you crossed the finish line in one piece that's the most important thing.

One of the joys of marathon running is that as we get that little bit older we can still improve our times, in running terms you are still a relative newbie so there is massive scope for improvement.

You can still achieve whatever you want from running, a little bit of structure and consistency gets you a long way. It's probably to early to be thinking about marathons for next year but if that's on your plan recover well, tackle some shorter stuff to build up the speed in the legs then rip out a solid endurance block and you will smash it.

Once the dust settles go back through your training log and try to identify areas for improvement, be totally honest with yourself and they will be easily identified.

Take the next week to rest up and just enjoy some easy running and I will hopefully see you at the start of December.

Well done again, you just completed a other freaking marathon.

Thanks so much C, for that and for the support at Chapo. It was great to see you there, I actually thought I had missed you so was delighted.

That's super solid advice. I'm more keen than ever now to build on it and implement some good structure.

Can't wait to toe the line at Jingle Bells.

Sounds like it was a handbag you needed with all that stuff 😂. I found the belt good too for the most part but around Terenure I couldn’t get one of the bottles to stay in it for some reason. Also when the bottles were all empty it was spinning round me. It’s definitely not too big so not sure what that was about. Was glad to get it off me later.

Yeah, couldn't wait to whip it off.

Your tip re the Tailwind was inspired btw, it worked so well for me, never had an issue filling the flask.

Ah, "the belt". Mine worked well. It has little pull tabs for opening it when you're putting stuff back in. I found it useful when trying to stick the empty gel wrappers back. I did notice a discarded soft flask on the course at some point - could have been yours!

• Advertisement

Ye should look into the decathlon shorts. Best things I ever bought! Can't find the link but @Lambay island bought them recently.

Ah the belt was grand in fairness, it did it's job for the most part, the stuff I dropped didn't have a detrimental effect.

I will check out those shorts though P, cheers.

In a good place right now, this post big block big race phase where it feels like the world is your oyster.

So many choices of paths to take.

The immediate thing is Donore's Jingle Bells. Hopeful for that, hopeful for a pb. Best is 19:52, on that course from 2019. Have been a bit off my 5k best since then but haven't been feeling as fit as I do now since either.

Will throw in a 5k specific session or two between now and then, but am banking on the residual fitness being enough.

After that I think my main focus will be to not drop volume in December like I usually do, not to the degree I usually do anyway.

I'm considering a couple of things to target then. Bohermeen and Manchester marathon are on the radar. A pb attempt at Raheny will be a part of whatever it is I'm doing, be it a block or a base phase.

The recent DCM half is up there in my top 3 races ran. I keep going over the last mile in my head and how good I felt, how strong I finished. I think a 90 min Bohermeen could well be an ambitious but achievable goal.

Then there's the other option of Manchester (April). A fast flat course for another crack at a BQ.

I'll spend a bit of time deciding.

As for now, I'm going to head out tomorrow for an easy few miles. Can't wait to get fully back into it. I ran a 5k recovery on Monday, headed up to Citywest to collect the van. First 500m or so were a painful shuffle. Considered turning around but knew the muscles would loosen and they did. DOMS are almost gone now, just a bit of them left in the quads. Can walk down the stairs at last haha.

Sorry E, for some reason I missed your post until now.

Likewise, your company that morning and for a good chunk of the course made things so much easier.

Not a lot to report for November, a scaled back, low volume month, not necessarily on purpose, a good sprinkling of laziness, but no major harm I don't think.

Been looking forward to Jingle Bells for a good while. I was excited to see what the Summer's work would do for me.

My fourth time running it and I've never not hit a PB at it. Not only is it the perfect course for a PB it's the perfect time of year too, right at the end of months of solid work.

My 5k pb was set here in 2019, 19:52, my second and last time to go sub 20.

I had ran a tune up race at Corkagh parkrun in 2019, two weeks out, and ran 20:51.

Ran Corkagh two weeks ago in 20:16 for a parkrun pb so the confidence was up. I figured 19:4x was definitely doable, based on that tune up (I mentioned a while ago that I had set my parkrun pb just before JB '19 but I got that wrong, it was May 2019).

Parked up in my usual spot near Islandbridge and jogged up to warm up. Had a lot of pre race nerves, and my spiky HR on the warm up wasn't settling them. I'm not sure about you guys but I feel the nerves before a 5k are a different animal to those before a longer event. I think it's the fear of the pain lol.

Met Sean and Elaine at the bag drop tent and hung around for a work buddy. S & E in good form, and I was so happy to see them both. Sean had told me the previous night that he was gonna aim for a low 20 min, which made for a weird switcheroo between us both. He was sandbagging though 🤣

Got into the start pen, asked a couple of guys what time they were aiming for, they told me 17:30 so I squeezed backwards until the answer to that question no longer humbled me.

Gun and we're off. A small bit of congestion, a few folk out of position, but nothing too bad. I got around those I needed to and settled into things, avoiding clipping for the first 600 or so metres.

I had visualised 5x 3:5x kms so when the first one beeped at 4:02 I was a little disappointed. We're on Chesterfield now, coming up to a mile in. The pain has come on which is good. A PB effort 5k needs to hurt a lot and it needs to be hurting after a mile. The problem though was I was looking down at 4:10km pace. Had a ton of negativity swirling around at this point. This is hurting and I'm nowhere near the pace I should be. WTF. Thoughts of 'failure', of the Summer's work not actually being enough, or maybe I took too much of a backseat in Nov, dropped all that fitness.

Then I remembered that Chesterfield is an insidious drag, it eased off the negativity and I dug a little deeper. Km 2 beeped in at 4:00.

Kept that sort of effort and pain and pace until the 3km marker where the watch beeped 4:02 again and then something seemed to really switch in me. The downhill obv helped but I just felt this burst of confidence. I began to realise now that a PB was on the cards. Was repeating 'You're built for this' over and over in my head. Started picking people off, one by one, getting stronger and stronger. Km 4 beeped in at 3:51 and I gritted it up and just raced. Didn't look at my watch, just kept my eye on the next target to pass.

Sean passed me around here but I had no idea. Elvis could have reappeared to the world in his Vegas costume on the Upper Glen Road and I wouldn't have noticed. All I saw was the runner in front of me.

I heard someone in the crowd shout that the finish line would come into view as soon as we hit the upcoming bend and that drove me on more. I normally have a finish kick but when the gantry came into view I couldn't give any more. That gave me a lift mentally because I knew I had left nothing out there. Hadn't glanced at the watch since the 4km marker. Crossed the line and hit stop. Couldn't believe my eyes when I looked down at 19:36. Talk about a high. I'm still buzzing from it. Last km was 3:41.

A really interesting race in hindsight, a lot to learn from it. I think having that experience of banishing negative thoughts and turning things around will really stand to me.

So happy with this year, I feel I've surpassed what I had thought possible.

Onwards.

• Advertisement

19:37 chip btw, for accuracy. For actual PB.

Watch read 19:36:9. Bloody rounding 😀

Well done C - another great account of the race, adding to my ROMO. 😁 You had a good bit to do with 2k to go so that’s a great finish - and your ability to rationalise that first km split on the fly was the impressive. Wish I had that ability. Congrats on a great PB.

Thanks so much D.

A real pity you weren't there. We'll get to race together at Raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Well done again C, impressive stuff and a great way to cap off a fantastic year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Brilliant effort and result C, delighted for you.

Pity I didn't get to see you during the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

What a great run and a great read.

The nerves thing - I get some terrible nerves before races, I think a lot of people do - but people like us who have an online profile on boards and Strava probably add to our own nerves! I managed to crack mine a bit pre-covid, but certainly felt nervous leading up to this race, even if it wasn't a goal race for me. I think I need to race more to help with them - I just keep on telling myself - "no one cares about your time except you!"

Congrats on the PB.

Thanks very much guys.

@AuldManKing so true A, putting ourselves out there certainly adds to the nerves. Can also drive you too. I remember when I first broke 20 this thread really helped me on the last 500m or so, wanting so bad to come on and say I did it.

Absolutely chuffed for you C, you ran a great race & got a well deserved PB for it 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Wow, great to read the full report and realise what you overcame to get that PB! Super performance. It's not easy in a 5k to overcome the demons when they set in so early, super job and a really well deserved PB. Great to see you finish the year on such a high too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Great race report . Well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Congrats C. That's great running and it can't be easy going to the well again and delivering once more so soon after Dublin. Great to see your progress this year... long may it continue!

Lovely comments, thank you all so much, and thanks for all the amazing support and encouragement this year. You guys are great 😊

Brilliant run C. You've had a fantastic year.

Great to read the report after knowing how thrilled you were post race the other day. I’m really delighted for you. What a year you have had …. You deserved the great time and I’m delighted you went down to the 19:36 from the expected 19:40. Nice finish to the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

Well done @Lazare . Super running and a well deserved result. Great race report too, 5K's hurt and you could feel it all through your report

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Great run! I have to admit I can only sit back and admire your ability to withstand pain and demons. It is something that I simply have the inability to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Congrats C. You deserve the spoils for all your training and mentality.

Thanks so much folks, lovely popping in and seeing these comments.

Ah I don't know about that S, selling yourself way short there.

• Advertisement

Just pulled the trigger on a Bohermeen entry.

So that's the target.

12 week block should be good I think.

PB is 1:33:44

I'm a few nitro surges in right at this moment but am I bonkers to consider targeting a 90 min?

Advertisement