Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Could be any of them really, Sky, VF, the list is endless...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭horse7

If my contract is up do I still have to give a month notice to VM to cancel service?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭user302243

I canceled my broadband with them last week. Got a text saying "we don't want to see you go yada yada" and a phone number to call. Got a new phone so lost this number. Does anyone know it or should I just go through the 1908 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Message I got a month ago=

Here at Virgin Media, we do not want to see you leave. We would love to hear from you and see if there is anything we can do to change your mind and If so you can call us on 1800940199 and we can take it from there.

I never rang and they never rang me, so signed up in the wife's name

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

Can anyone provide the cancellation email address please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭tiegan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I got this message too. Rang up today to see what they could do.

Current (after introductory) price is 106 pm for 500MB and TV. To keep 500MB and downgrade TV package, 84 pm for 6 months and 99pm (i.e. full price) after that. Told them thanks but no thanks.

Is it just luck of the draw as to whether you get a nice person on the phone who'll give you a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭EarWig

They'll be working off aggregate figures. Best offers only after lots of people actually leave.

• Advertisement

So I cancelled my virgin media tv and broadband yesterday and got an email saying my cut off day will be the 15th Nov.

So if i get my partner to sign up for a new deal under her name instead at the same address, will we have to use a different bank account or will it make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DaveRs7

1. can I purchase a new broadband package even before the termination date? technically this will be 2 accounts on the same address while waiting for termination. VM website says you cannot have 2 accounts on the same address..
    2. Is the 30day cool off time for a new connection to the same address still being considered? as i have read previously on this thread..

Thanks

They rang and offered me a cancellation offer of 500mb at €84 for 9 months... told them thanks but no thanks. Said it was the best they could do. I'll see if they try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

I'm after signing the Mrs up as a new account and overlapping with two weeks on the old service. No issues so far.

Re: cancelling: You can cancel your contract by providing one months notice to Virgin Media via phone or alternatively, you can write to us at Virgin Media Ireland, Limerick Enterprise Development Park, Roxboro Road, Limerick.

My question is if today is 21th Oct and my contract of 12 months ends on 21th November would that work as 30 days notice, so is it okay to give the 30days notice while still in contact or do I have to wait till my contact is finished, which would mean staying for another month with VM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hi

Rang 1800940199 just now and got straight to the point - please cancel now and ill re-connect as new customer.

Currently in contract for next week was paying €64 per month. So next 12 months would be €768 for 250mb broadband.

He said to reconnect they'd need a technician at cost of €50 even if it was someone in house etc. Sounded like he knew the drill and got straight to point.

So i said if i cancelled and reconnected via wife as new customer it'd be €45 per month for 12 months + €30 activation fee + €50 installation = €620.

He immediately offered me 9 months a €45 and 3 at €60 = €585.

So i accepted there and then, not worth hassle of re-connecting etc.

Easily the quickest call I've had with VM, less than 5mins - direct and to the point, I'd say everyone is doing this.

So after cancelling and rejecting their initial first offer, VM rang back an hour later and eventually offered me 500mb internet and big bundle tv at an average €60 a month for 12 months.

I'm delighted with that. They doubled my Internet speed and saved me roughly 350 quid a year in the process.

I always tell anyone who will listen: the biggest thing you can do to save money is change all your providers each year. Or at least threaten too!

If you go as a new customer online you'll only be charged the activation fee as you don't need new wiring etc. You did well all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I called yesterday and had a bit of back and forth with the cancellations department. The person I was dealing with was friendly and straightforward.

Took a bit of time but eventually got €30 for six months and going up to €60 after that for 250Mbs (which we currently have anyway). €540 for the year which isn’t bad.

Got the usual script of the fastest in Ireland and they wanted to save me the hassle of switching over. Happy with that price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

I've noticed on the Virgin Media website there's a 75 euro gift card offer for new BB contracts.

I gave my notice recently and my wife is going to join Virgin Media at our address in about three weeks, but the gift card expires in 5 days.

Can she sign up now in order to get the gift card, and wait three weeks before activating her contract?

• Advertisement

What happens when my contreact with VM is over? Do they stop service? Do they charge me more per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Whatever you're currently getting charged is what you'll keep getting charged, for example my contract ended a long time ago and I pay the same amount as I did before, just not in a contract so I can leave anytime without an early contract cancelation fee

Thanks, what about the 30 day notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭dubrov

Thanks for clearing up the 30days notice, I found it ambiguous the fact that I f the contract has finished the notice is still required.

When I left them to go to digiweb the guy on the phone gave me an instant cancellation as I was out of contract and already sorted with another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭EarWig

VM insist on it. Comreg disagree. Court case in progress.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

That wasn't the case for us we went from a 12 month promo rate of €79 to €112pm.

Now I diarise when the contract is due for renewal so we can change in the other halfs name to retain the new customer promo rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

When you speak of using spouses names… presume it doesn’t matter whether share married names?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭dubrov

THe negotiation process seems to be getting easier each year.

I got onto a customer service agent within 5 minutes and deal done within another 5 minutes with no hard push.

250Mb Broadband only, 30 for 6 months and 60 for the other 6.

I am coming off a 9 month for 30 and 3 month for 60 deal and have had similar deals for 5 years plus.

Advertisement