Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ye Olde Watch Giveaway

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Got this in the post today - thanks Dakar!

First impressions:

- The silicone strap is soft and comfortable but even maxxed out it's still a bit too tight on my 8-and-a-bit inch wrist.

- Legibility of the dial is not great - probably generic to white dial/polished hands combinations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Yeah, I found the legibility pretty poor too, there’s a lot going on on a relatively small dial. It does take well to lots of different straps though.

Enjoy it, and if you don’t like it, you can always pass it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Stuhrling 371 Automatic Skeleton in Gold. I like this watch but looking to downsize to only 1 or 2 watches.

It's a 46mm dial so not for everyone!

I'll do a draw on Sunday if anyone wants it. LIKE the post so I know who to include.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Great to see this revived, thanks @TheW1zard I do have a grá for a big watch but I am in thin the herd mode myself at the moment too.

It's a really interesting watch and one that will certainly draw the eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭Fishdoodle

What a super thread - the generosity is heartwarming! A watch is such a personal object, the younger generation will look at their phones for the time, but nothing quite like a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Another one to throw into the pot:

A vintage Grand Prix Super de Luxe manual wind watch NB ** NON-RUNNER ** NB

This would be ideal for someone who is looking to develop their assembly and dissambley skills.

Looks just like this one:

Simple old movement, but might be useful to someone dipping their toe in the watchmaking waters.

Will post to wherever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

PM me your details, if youre in Dublin might not need to post it!

Well wear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

That's brilliant news. Pm on the way. Thanks again.

@Ian OB was first out of the hat for the De Lux Grand Prix, which is in the post to him today.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

Well done Lorddrakul, and good luck to Ian OB with the watch enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

Just a note re the previous post... @TheW1zard stood me up when we were supposed to meet. Left me waiting in a carpark for 25 minutes and never replied to my texts. Not that I'm stuck for a watch or anything, but if you make an arrangement with someone, then at least have the decency to honour it. I have a nice Fossil watch that I was going to put in the pot, but not now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Ian OB

Postman arrived today. Many thanks to @Lorddrakul, who should also be commended on his penmanship. Top quality indeed.

@Ian OB Most welcome!

Glad it arrived.

I got this in a job lot with a few other interesting bits and it just wasn't economical for me to get it sorted, despite being a handsome thing. It's a simple old movement, but good enough to practice skills.

Enjoy!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That was a bit shabby alright. Not even a text which takes seconds?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I have some 22mm black Sinn rubber that is going spare. A regular here did me the good turn of gifting me a red set a while back and I'd like to pay forward that kindness a little.

So if you have a Sinn that will fit the 22mm rubber and want a freebie?

Mash that like button,if more than 1 person wants them on the 9/12? I'll run the names through a random choice generator.

They are sized for 7.25"wrist using the Sinn deployment clasp(not included).

https://postlmg.cc/zV3pFwkp

• Advertisement

The random generator has spat out @Pablo_Flox as the "winner" drop me a PM with your address and I'll do my best to have them in the post to you before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Excellent news on this cold wintery day! Thanks @banie01

Advertisement