Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Stripeyman

I'd hope the Gardaí weren't the perpetrators anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The Emergencey Department at UHK has been cleared and closed to all except seriously ill to prevent a further breakout of trouble there following the incident at Rath.

RIP to the man who lost his life. Wishing a full recovery to his poor wife. Absolutely dreadful thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, was the funeral and the violence the cause of dreadful traffic around 4? Was leaving the Toyota dealer and it was...well, impressive the amount of traffic. Plus, the cemetery was cordoned off, there was a videographer filming and a Garda standing out front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Armed Gardai are patroling the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

A man was killed. Doesn't matter what his ethnicity was.

• Advertisement

Now? Because they certainly weren't there before 2p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Yes, currently.

Well we picked a great day to have to travel to Tralee and go to the car dealer across from the cemetery in question. Fortunately we got there after the violence had ended. Same day as earlier in the day we were talking to a friend of ours who is a Guard in Tralee about what kinds of things he has to deal with. My wife, when we left home to start our day, said "This feels like a bad day." Funny.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Insensitive comments have been and will be deleted. Reoffenders will receive thread bans.

Condolences to the victim's loved ones.

Moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,459 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

OMG, going to one funeral now most will have to attend another, nonsense violence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Quitelife

crazy carry on in tralee but nothing will be done about it

I'm guessing a feud that will escalate more violence in the next funeral, a vicious circle

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Reminder about commenting on this murder. Please keep it respectful. Posts will be removed by Mods if we feel necessary.

Thanks.

Mod

There've been two arrests. If you look into the names associated with the crime, and with the earlier funeral, the individuals in question have long histories of criminality and violence. Firebombing homes, automobiles, violent fisticuffs, etc.

The graveyard still sealed off on the news

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

There was clean up of the area this morning and the caretaker was taking down the signs saying the Graveyard was closed, I'd imagine it would be open to the public now.

The victim's brother has been charged in his murder. There's still another man in custody. Accused murderer is in jail, the court in Tralee can't grant bail.

Murder your own brother...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Many of these type of funerals have seen weapons confiscated, huge garda security operations over recent years . It’s one of a growing number of issues involving this community all over Ireland but the powers that be don’t want to deal with it or discuss it for fear of the PC agenda

Do you think they'll bury the victim in the same cemetery?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭phormium

I wouldn't think it's likely as he seems to be from Killarney, the woman being buried at the time while living in Killarney was from Tralee.

Post edited by phormium on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pubs in Killarney instead of Tralee to close that day so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I don't get it. What have they got to loose from discussing it, apart from the wrath of the perpetually outraged. Most normal people want to discuss it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

A virtual carbon copy of what i witnessed during my time in the North-East of England in the late 1980's to early 1990's.

The powers that be ignored the Asian rape gangs for fear of being labelled racists. It was easier to look the other way.

Just look how that turned out and the total kip that part of the UK has become today.

Pandering to the PC brigade is one of the biggest causes of incidents like we saw in Tralee this week.

In the same way that pandering to Greta Thunberg and her ilk will see many people freeze and starve this winter.

Time for people to wake up and stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Accusing Greta Thunberg of freezing and starving people to death is a bit of a stretch, especially in a rant about political correctness 😀

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was recently in Lane's furniture store up in the Horan centre, and I never realised they had expanded the store into some of the old Horan's nighclub! Its a huge store now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

People of asian background aren't the only people who commit rape.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Did anyone see rté news last night with the Ukrainians in tents out behind the old hotel at the marina housing the DP refugees.

When are we going to say stop to this madness. Kerry has about 8% of the Ukrainian refugees.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think the only people not thinking that the situation is completely out of control are the ones in government. They seem to be utterly clueless. The French government warned their students that there's a serious accommodation crisis in Ireland, if they were thinking of coming here to study. The Irish government doesn't seem to be warning anyone about anything as far as the shortage of accommodation is concerned.

Whatever reputation Ireland had for being a country that welcomes refugees and asylum seekers, has now been shot down in flames, and it's all going to end in tears.

There's a new coffee shop open in where Gloria Jeans was in Manor shopping centre. I think its called the Crepe House and appears to be part of Jam updstairs. We got a coffee to go earlier, but its not great and same coffee as Jam. I think they have a similar place in Killarney.

• Advertisement

Advertisement