Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOI vs GAA intercounty as a spectator experience

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Safe to say LoI attendances are “guaranteed” for another season, at least. May even grow a bit more, all things considered.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It really depends on how invested you are. Do you feel part of the team you are watching, do you perceive that your support will make a difference etc.

And are you the sort of “fan” who leaves the ground at halftime because your team are losing?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

WTF is your problem Emmet.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

Yeah this is it.

As a Mayo fan the last decade for me has been incredible. And so many won't get it as they haven't won the final prize, but the journeys have been incredible due to the high stakes, and due to the chaotic game that Mayo brought in their purple patches, often arriving in injury time and a few points down! It's been a rollercoaster. Most fans will get that, especially Dubs who remember a time prior to the past decade.

But that's skin in the game. And a preference for the sport. I'll never be as worked up and excited for any other sport than I was in the 2017 final. Never.

Italia 90 is just too long ago to compare for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Seems to be something wrong with your computer or phone, it's making the same posts again and again.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Not sure, bud. Could be a glitch in the new “platform”. I didn’t get a notification for this post either.

I’m sure the gang will have the kinks ironed out completely over the next while. Just gotta bear with it.

Advertisement