Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Things going on in his life won't get in the way of his fight.............. but now life gets in the way sometimes ..........

He better not schedule a fight for next Feb. Might clash with him picking up his Oscar 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

How longs the film lads ? dunno does he have the gas tank for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

You must not know much about Hollywood. That film, there is no way it will be completed and released in time for then. It will be the Oscars at start of 2024 before we get to see Conor accepting the golden gong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I’d imagine his role will be very very minor, like a thug in a bar that hits an old man or something and Jake gylenhall steps in blah blah. He’ll have his scenes done in a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its a leading role apparently, my best guess from seen the original is he plays the gang boss of the town. It a straight to Prime/Netflix thing anyway so will be inevitably shite.

I hope the Hollywood scriptwriters include the line for him - “That’s a bleedin rapid timepiece ya got ‘dere bud ‘were dya geh it??”

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Acting is an interesting road to go down, though I'm sceptical whether Conor has any ability in that area. Ok he can put on a show, has a good sense of humour, and is very entertaining but acting requires the ability to come across naturally which would I don't think we've ever seen from Conor, but I guess some formal training would be acquired.

I think we will see a more mellow Conor as he ages, and I think acting could humble him a bit, could be the exact thing he needs to emotionally grow in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

I don't think playing yourself actually qualifies as acting!!

It seems even that is somewhat unnatural

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Didn't Cathal Pendred try his hand at acting as well.

It's not the playing-himself part that doesn't qualify the above as acting.

If you can be so unnatural when your only job is to just be yourself........... cant wait to see him chewing the scenery with Donnie Darko!

Post edited by MrStuffins on

I wonder how many bottles of Proper Muck will be placed in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

He's been acting the prick for years so the film will be a doddle for him.

I agree Conor will probably play a baddie in this film, and I think it will stand up there with the other great film baddies like Marlon Brando in The Godfather, Daniel Day Lewis in There will be blood, and Christopher Waltz in Inglorious Basterds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He was in an episode of Ray Donovan. Look, I'm not going to say he was bad, but it he'd have more success in kickboxing.

well seeing as he is an elite level striker of course he would have more success.... jaysus ! have you not heard of the flying fists of pendred.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I hear they're so fast he can throw 4 jabs and it looks like one very mediocre strike. And while it appears to do no damage whatsoever to his opponent, there's a savage delayed reaction an hour or two later.

Some good training sessions being put in around the Belaric’s in between all the various big birthday celebrations and benders. Looks like a return announcement isn’t too far off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

they need to get roddy and the boys back over to the mac mansion in vegas to really get focused again on training

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yea surround him with more yes men. McGregor isn’t top tier anymore. He’s a has been

• Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its done & its over, He could be 35 before he fights again his prime years in MMA where completed wasted post Eddie which will be nearly be 7 years ago when he fights again ,Yes 7 years 2016 to 2203

He'll be back to old, 1 peg leg, 2 weight divisions to heavy ( FW Is his best fighting weigh) , stiff as aboard ,Aura gone , willingness to get true proper camp is gone let alone to go through the dark parts of a fight,

Its been over for a while & he knows it ,

Not to mention his potential opponents are the exact opposite of all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

If it shows one thing its that no matter how head strong people are, money changes things. He said it countless times 'I've been told, don't neglect your training'. He swore he wouldn't fall into that trap, and he did, he fell harder than most. He's posting picture of himself training and beating up sparring partners, but we all know these lads aren't elite level, they are body bags for him to look good. His fight against Cerrone was pathetic, poor Don was washed up and knocked out before he stepped into the ring. Poirier showed how much he had grown since there first contest. Drink and drugs destroy fitness levels, he'll never win a belt and I doubt he'd compete with anyone ranked.

Now we can all sit back and watch Ian Garry do the same thing. Except Garry has gone to the UFC earlier and isn't as polished as Mcg was. He become too big for his boots before he'd even won the cage warriors belt. Best thing TK and CF did was to walk away from him, it will hurt them the potential money they could have made, but at least they had a back bone, not like 'Coach' Kavanagh who would corner McGregor in a brawl in Mount joy if the commission was paid.

oh, and Cathal Pendred seems like a really decent fella, not a great fighter (especially in the UFC) but one of the cringiest actors ever. I stopped watching Ray Donovan for fear of seeing his McGregor impression again, and the few other things he was in nearly made me hide behind the sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can I assume we've all seen that of ALL of the 'active' UFC fighters (not signed after August 1), that in 2022 Conor McGregor is the only to have not been tested by USADA?

UFC paying them a wedge/telling them to leave him alone?

Not a good look either way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Masvidal is the only fight that makes sense and would sell well, he'll be savaged in the lightweight division as well. Wasted his prime years in MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mad that he could be 35 the next time he fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

He made money that has set him and his family up for life beyond his MMA career. He wasted nothing

Advertisement