Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

So it turns out, there is actually a difference to which way you install it. The back plate has 2 small holes the the left and right of where the bottom screw goes in, whereas there are no holes to the left and right of the top screw. This is probably to let any water that gets in to drip out.

Installing it upside down has the opposite effect of letting the water in without anywhere for it to get out, as I recently found out! So if anyone installs this upside down, make sure to seal those 2 holes with some silicon or something similar.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Hi Guys , I have a philips hue bridge 2.1 which is refusing to factory reset . Any Ideas ???

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

I'm having issues with a random bulb coming on in the middle of the night while I'm asleep.

I'm always groggy trying to figure out to turn it back off again, is there any way to check history anywhere?

Is a Lidl E14 bulb, we have a few others with no issues they we know of (not in bedroom)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Hi all, Wondering if you can help me with this?

I have 2 Hue setups in 2 separate houses and need to be able to control them both. Is there a way to add the second house to my home setup on the hue app?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yes, You could always select which bridge you want to control within the app... in the settings somewhere.

I have my own house, as well as my mothers & sisters houses added in my app.

• Advertisement

And as I go in to check, I find that teh app will not open at all, and is locked on teh initial logo screen!!!

Never seen this in almost 10 years os using Hue.

yes, here it is, under My Hue System;

And then you open it you can see the bridges you have (I’ve since removed the other 2 bridges);

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Cheers. Thanks a million for that. I’ll give it a go when I get home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Lads,

Due to a lighting reconfiguration, I’ve found myself with the following excess bulbs (complete with boxes)

• 6 x E27 Edison
    • 3 x E14 Edison
    • 1 x B22 Bayonet

Before I put them onto done deal, anyone here interested in them as a job lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Got house rewired but sparks put in 2 pendant lighting.

So was looking to replace these with 2 ceiling lights

Something like the below

Can't justify the price.

Any suggestions of similar I can possibly use regular hue bulbs or anything else that can link to hub and alexa control and dimming available

Anything that fits either E14 or E27 bulbs will do you.. Search on amazon in the lighting section, but search E14 or E27 so you'll see all the fittings they have that fit those bulbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Any thoughts on the cheapest way to get 12 hue white ambience GU10s? Probably Amazon warehouse or wait for a sale, right?

Best would be to just wait around for the various deals and bulk buy then.....

When I put 10 colour GU10 spots in my kitchen, there were no deals and I paid £50 per bulb!!

Ok got a lot of Hue GUI and few Hue Colour bulbs installed but never got the serial number from them

So downloaded the app and did search and found some so all defaulted to Hue White spot 1,2 etc. So go into the light and items Default, Last on, Power loss recovery and custom. However is there an easier way of identifying each unique bulb as want to create room and add light into it

Where can I find on the app the light click on it and it flashes or whatever so I can identify them easy as some upstairs and some downstairs

Must be an easy way just dont know where

Just put them in any room, then you'll have toggle switches to turn them on and off and can identify and move to the correct room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

Hi

I have 2 innr bulbs in my hall. when I turn them on using the app the brightness setting is very very low seems to be default. any idea how to change the default brightness setting?

Doesnt see to be that way with any other "rooms" I have

j

Will give it a try as now have more hue to add also dont know which ones are Hue and which not need to speak to Sparks

Right had this problem before but not sure how to solve it

Created rooms and assigned lights in the room now I want to assign zones within that room so say for living just turn on spot lights leave main light off etc

So created zone in the app but lights already assigned to that room.

Whats the best way of resolving it did it before but cant remember how?

Just create scenes in the room

Zones is for upstairs/downstairs, indoors/outdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Does anyone know if the external motion sensor can be set to notify you if it’s activated?

• Advertisement

Lads, I'm about to put up some hue stuff on done deal. Wanted to offer it here first as it's a fairly tight community. Haven't worked out pricing yet, but I'm open to fair offers. Ideally, getting rid of as a job lot or smaller lots would be brilliant rather than fecking around with individual things.

1 x Bloom

2 x Candle bulbs

1 x Bayonet 22

6 x Edison 27

All are colour bulbs, as new, have boxes and very very little use, I'd guess less than 100 hours on them. We had to have the house rewired & they were surplus to requirements at that point as "herself" wanted spotlights.

Incidentally, open to 1-4-1 swaps for Hue GU10s as I've now got a load of them I have to replace.

Also have a couple of HomePod minis the same deal, as new, comes with boxes.

I'll give it a couple of days before I put them up online.

EDIT: Just found five Google minis and one home and one of the photo frame homes. I really gotta stop buying electronics !! Same deal. Light use have boxes etc

Post edited by OU812 on

Does anyone have a hue sensor for bathroom

all lights in house are hue except for the bathroom. Thinking of adding hue bulbs in bathroom and sensor.

Can sensor be set so only works between certain hours. So if kids or myself get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet sensor can turn bathrooms lights on

Thinking of placing it above bathroom door

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Yes, you can set it to do nothing during the day and set it to turn on a scene at night. I have one in the bathroom for the last few years.

Yes, I’ve had sensors in both the en-suite and main bathroom for years now, and they are an excellent addition…..

during the night they are set to turn the light the ’Nightlight’ scene on, and during the day of its dark enough, they turn on a brighter setting.

they can be set to only activate during the night if you want,

Was gonna start a new thread, but then figured you guys may know.

I need about 26 GU10s. I’d love to get all hue (white ambience) but it’s a little cost prohibitive. So I’m looking for an alternative brand.

Preferably something that gives very good light as I find the hues I have quite dim compared to regular LED GU10s

Which brands are worth looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

interested in this too if anyone has advice to offer

Black Friday discounts perhaps? Should get the white and white ambient for about half price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I don't think there was that much of a discount in last years bf sale - but here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

There's a prime sale before mid October. Usually rubbish but some great offers on Hue during the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

Does anyone use the hue smart plugs with anything other than lights? I have the kettle on one currently, but if I ask google to turn on kitchen lights, it turns on the kettle also. It's set as a socket through hue and as a kettle in Google home.

Advertisement