Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Racing Bets (win...e/w....place

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭del roy

Well SUPER STARS finished 3rd on Sunday when for a few seconds I thought he might win but not to be.

on to today

Lingfield 1.00 SHABANO 2pts e/w 12/1 skybet 4 places

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elacsap

Hi Del Roy,

Am I allowed ask the reason for today's punt?!

Trainer looking for a winner however 6 placed horses over last two weeks, three beaten less than a length, jockey 6 winners from last 10 rides but most of all his 4th at Ponty last year reads well three ahead of him all won since and his style of racing should be suited to this track.

on to today

Lingfield 1.00 SHABANO 2pts e/w 12/1 skybet 4 places

I'll get me coat. 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elacsap

Great stuff del roy.........

Who should we lay tomorrow?🙄😁

• Advertisement

Just thinking out loud for the upcoming national hunt season when if ever is the TIZZARD yard going to hit the dizzy heights they were at before 2019. Joe has taken over the running of the yard however if you read his coral blog https://sports.coral.co.uk/news/blog/joe-tizzard/ for the last two years he was very bullish about some of his horses and they ran like dogs. I do realise Joe's sister passed away she was involved big time in running the yard and the whole family could give a flying fook about racing but I do really hope they have a great year because they were a stable I loved following years ago.

16 runners this year...2 winners and 7 placed albeit 5 of them runners were on the alweather according to racingpost stats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

The son had a purple patch early season on the flat this year.

A stable i always find difficult to ignore. I would watch out for anything they throw at the first big Chepstow NH meeting, which cannot be that far away?

Yes Cd, followed the stable over a cliff the last few years (like an idiot) when a stable is out of form leave it alone.

no bets for me today.

some snippets

Injazati 

Sat 24th Sep 2022

15:40, Newmarket

DEC Odds: 17 (Betfair Exc)

Injazati didn't get home over further last time so this drop in trip should suit. Hopefully the ground doesn't dry out too much and the track should suit him. Very hopeful. Trainer

PISGAH PIKE

Jamie Snowden

A remarkable horse with not much of a pedigree, who has been a star for us. After being placed in a bumper, he won two novice hurdles the season before last and was just touched off in a listed event at Market Rasen on handicap debut. He won two novice chases last season and was given a lofty rating. However, we thought he was quite ‘well in’ off his hurdles rating and so it proved when winning the Summer Hurdle at Market Rasen in July – the big hurdle race of the summer. Up 4lbs for that, we gave him a spin at Worcester in August, but he pulled both front shoes off that day, so we can forgive him that, and the handicapper gave us a pound back... this race has been the plan since his summer hurdle success, and a repeat of that effort will see him bang there again.

• Advertisement

Always look for your money where you lost it

😂 😂 😂

Only the one bet today

Newcastle 8.30 amazing alba 1pt e/w 28/1 skybet 4 places

some snippets for anyone interested

1.25 HAMMY END

William Muir & Chris Grassick

He is one of those who always runs very well but does not win very often, and I can see again a similar sort of thing. He is in good form and the track will suit him, but if he gets a bit of luck he might win as he always wins a race or two. 4/1

2.00 DECEIVER

Daniel & Claire Kübler

A big raw colt who is a half-brother to Outgate who did so well for us last year and the beginning of this before being sold to Hong Kong, the favourite will be tough to beat as he already has very good form. However, the small field and big galloping track offer a nice opportunity to start his career off and we hope he will develop into a nice horse in time. 22/1

SEA THE CLOUDS

Jamie Snowden

Out of an unraced half-sister to the Group 2 winner over 1m, Echo Of Light, and Listed 1m4f winner Akarem. Sea the Clouds is a half-brother to Contented who has won over hurdles and fences, and a full brother to My Mate Mozzie who developed into a Graded novice hurdler. Sea the Clouds was placed in three bumpers last season, and won a bumper on his seasonal return. He jumps well, and should develop into a smart hurdler in time. Hopefully he can start off on the right foot today.

Amazing Alba finished stone last so bank now +12pts

the snippets produced 100/30 winner and two 3rds at 7/1 and 14/1 but no help to the bank

Wolverhampton 8.30 WURLITZER 3pts win 9/2

Wurlitzer's run here on the 4th sept 2021 in a class 5 handicap makes for good reading for tonight's race, finishing 3rd with the comments

in rear, ridden 3f out, headway and went third 1f out, kept on inside final 110yds, not reach leaders (op 6/1)

the first and second in that race were rated 73 and 74.

Runs tonight in a class 6 handicap with the top weight rated 65 plus decent jock in Tom Marquand booked.

Wolverhampton 8.30 WURLITZER 3pts win 9/2 1st 6/1

Not only does WURLITZER win but a lovely little drift out to 6/1 brings the bank to +30pts

Kempton 8.30 SKY LEGEND 2pts e/w 15/2 Hills 4 places

OK we were on this fella last week when he was backed from 10/1 into 4/1 over 1m4f, below was the summary

8.00 SKY LEGEND 1pt win 9/1 plus 3pts in the 3 place market skybet 13/8

Runs tonight for the first time since wind/gelding op so you could be a little worried whether this is a "lets see has it worked or is it off tonight" By Galileo out of a Spectre mare with a dosage of 0.64, has a course 3rd over a mile this extra distance should suit it really well.

Trainer/jockey combo over the last five years at Kempton 18 runners / 5 winners / 11 place / with an A/E of 1.62 (so a few decent priced winners in there.

The Galileo angle was much poorer in the win percentage (12.15%) than I had expected however the place strike rate (29%) is decent enough to put my hand in my pocket

154 days since last run so fitness also a worry however as I said the yard are 5 winners from 18 runners so lets hope the first of many runs well tonight

I have watched the race again this morning and the jockey could not have been any easier on Sky Legend so I think he is worth a punt.

Another one I am interested in although at bigger risky odd is

8.00 MARTINEO 16/1 1pt e/w skybet four places

ran on the allweather 33 times and was placed in the first three places 11 times. with the jockeys 3LB claim has never been rated lower, his style of running should suit the course, only ran 20 days ago 16s looks big to me however it is the Butler stable and tonight may not be the MARTINEOS TURN.

Chelmsford 8.00 HAN SOLO BERGER 2pts e/w 11/1 skybet 4 places

11 races on all weather two wins one second and two thirds

two runs at Chelmsford 3rd class 5 and 5th class 3 place however the class 3 race gives HSB a decent chance even though he is a little out of form.

Beaten 1 and 1/2L in to 5th the four horses in front of him were rated 97...85...93...85

Top three horses rated in 8.00 are rated 87...83...82

mostly doing its winning over 5f nowadays and good apprentice takes off 3LB

11/1...4 places will do nicely

I thought the two horses I backed today ran very well MATINEO wasn't off a yard but showed up well under hands and heels riding then SKY LEGEND finished 3rd at 11/2 doing his best work at the finish we will keep both of them in mind for the future.

loss of 1pt on the day

Bank +29pts

Bellewstown 5.35 steps in the sand 12/1 2pts e/w skybet/powers 5 places

Think there might be a few quid for this yoke today, last time the jockey ride this race in a 1m5f handicap, the four top rated horses in that race were

top four rated horses in todays race are 65...63...60...58

add in the handicapper has dropped the filly 3LB so with the kids 7lb claim he sneaks in here racing off 55 the filly's lowest ever rating, she is drawn 8 which is not too bad but I would like to see her in front at some stage of the race as she should stay this 1m4f race well with a dosage of 1.00

Back in Roscommon when she finished 4th to SALLY GOLIGHTLY rated 74 although beaten only 3 and 1/4L here are the comments of racingpost

Bumped start, in rear, headway going okay over 2f out, keeping on when nudged along until short of room and hampered 2f out, soon lost position and switched left, ridden over 1f out, not clear run repeatedly final 110yds, ran on, not reach leaders (op 22/1)

that was also 1m4f albeit on soft ground anyway 12s looks too big

Dundalk 7.30 PLANKTON 2pts e/w 14/1 skybet 5 places

Plankton was beaten fav in his first two maidens at prices of 8/13f and 2/1jf. both winners (rated 72...77) of the races were fairly battle hardened and the bare reading of the form points to PLANKTON running well tomorrow. Comments for both races below

Towards rear but in touch with leaders, headway when ridden on outer 2f out, hung right and ran green when went second under 2f out, kept on but held inside final furlong, eased final strides, no match for winner (op 4/9)

Soon prominent towards near side, led narrowly when ridden under 2f out, headed inside final furlong, soon no chance with winner but kept on (op 3/1)

Then went to a 7f claimer in Leopardstown finishing 3rd comments below

Held up in midfield, headway when pushed along on outer from over 2f out, keeping on when ridden over 1f out, went third final strides, no match for first two (op 11/4)

Steps up to 1m in tomorrows race which contains the four top rated horses 65..63..63..62

14/1 .... 5 places looks big to me

two losers today however both ran ok

Bank +21pts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

well-punted now, trading @ ~ 8/1 😊

nd fekkit, i forgot to back it 😒 will just go win only now

best of luck with him :)

fookin el wait all day for your only bet and it runs like that 😥

Bank +17pts

Saturday 3.36 Oo de lally 2pts e/w 22/1 skybet 6 places

• Advertisement

Oo De Lally  SP (17:25 Newmarket) couldn’t have it soft enough. I’m not sure he’ll get the rain he needs but if he did, he’d have a solid chance.  

Above are Andrew Baldings comments for Oo de lally last week at Newmarket loads of rain expected at Ascot tomorrow.

Comments from the post tomorrow

Comment: Below par since York second in May but well treated if a tongue-tie sparks a revival

Jockey has had 5 rides the last eight days for trainer Andrew Balding which produced form figures 31225

Will do for me.

^^^^^^^^

do me an' all , along with six others for that Ascot 3.36 h'cap 🤣 all EW , with 5 places on offer,, don't get best price overnight sadly, but happy with the selections' prices overall 😊

Oo De Lally 20s, Escobar 18s , Ever Given 14s , Sir Dancealot 40s , Rhoscolyn 12s , Symbolize 7s & New Kingdom 20s

tried to hedge me bets re going concerns and make sure they have some decent form with cut in the ground,,, didn't legislate for soft, or ground worse than soft tho,, Yieldingy going'll do for all my picks (i hope 😋)

STR

I always check here the day before

https://www.bbc.com/weather/2656992

Trainer comments below

Oo De Lally 20/1  (15:36 Ascot) loves soft ground, so will be thankful for any rain that falls in Berkshire. He’s never performed to his highest ability at Ascot, but I would assume that it’s largely that he’s never run there on his conditions. We’re trying a tongue strap on him, too. He could be competitive for a place.

HANGS ON IN A PHOTO FOR 6TH PLACE. +6.8PTS PROFIT

WOLVERHAMPTON 7.30 RED STRIKE 2pts e/w 13/2 4 places.

WOLVERHAMPTON 7.30 RED STRIKE 2pts e/w 13/2 4 places. STRIKE RED 😁

has good form on the Tapeta surface, albeit all of it at Newcastle, and on the Standard/Slow going; will be his first time running at Wolverhampton afai can tell..

I'll have an EW and a WIN bet on STRIKE RED 13/2 meself in that 7.30 Wolverhampton

PS: pretty sure there's a horse somewhere called RED STRIKE, and i'm pretty sure i've backed that one a few times meself 😂 not today tho - very confusing with a lot of these horsies having similar names Del 🤣

nice profit on OO DE LALLY del ; them extra places all important !

WOLVERHAMPTON 7.30 RED STRIKE 2pts e/w 13/2 4 places. STRIKE RED 😔

FFS trying to pick the winner and I can't even pick the right name 😡

Thanks for that STR

Thanks for that STR

not at all - Thank YOU Del 😁 Great picking there, and a verry tasty price to boot !

eccelente 🤣🤣 ☺️

• Advertisement

Saturday 3.36 Oo de lally 2pts e/w 22/1 skybet 6 places 6TH 😉

HANGS ON IN A PHOTO FOR 6TH PLACE. +6.8pts profit on race

WOLVERHAMPTON 7.30 RED STRIKE 2pts e/w 13/2 4 places. 1st 15/2 😉 😉 +18pts profit on race

+24.8 pts profit on the day

Bank +41.8pts

STR

nice profit on OO DE LALLY del ; them extra places all important !

Yes very important to me anyway however some bookmakers have different rules

when SKYBET offer extra places on a race they do not pay best odds guaranteed so Oo de lally settled at 22/1 however did STRIKE RED with powers as they were the only ones going 13/2 time of putting on bet and they do give the offer so settled at 15/2

Advertisement