Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Film/TV Series Recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

If you search for the movies duplicates appear on all titles, sometimes when this happens indicates one option is slightly improved quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Caquas

I think this confirms my point re. 4K in Ireland - you are getting 4k because you have VPN through Turkey. I think this has something to do with film rights in Ireland but I'm only guessing because no one seems to know (or care?).

There are duplicates of the Hobbit movies on Prime and those marked "MGM" show subtitles when the characters speak Elvish etc. . The picture quality may be somewhat better but it is not UHD / 4K.

Just watched the first episode of Mr Robot. How in earth had I never head of this before! One of the best shows I think I’ve ever seen. Intelligent, with good cast, soundtrack and production values.

And good length episodes. Looking forward to getting stuck into it.

thanks for the recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Everything Everywhere All at Once just popped up on my UK prime today. What a pleasant surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Such a great little movie. Loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ronanc1

Can't seem to see it on my own, are the Irish and UK offerings the same that's what I thought?

No, they’re not. UK has a much more extensive library. They base your region on your phone number though, so if you can get a UK number you should call them and say you’ve moved to UK. I was living in London for a long time, but couldn’t get my prime to show the UK library. It was driving me demented. And when I phoned customer services turned out was just a simple as changing my account details

May be different now, but is worth a shot

It's never clear if Irish Prime users won't be getting EEAaO or whether it'll appear randomly in the days to come. Unfortunately it's why I add a little UK disclaimer to my posts when I see an unexpected new addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Has “Elementary” vanished from Amazon Prime? I was in the middle of season 6 and it’s suddenly gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Al the Rocky films have been thrown up. Time for a re-watch. Rocky Balboa is a highly underrated mature and heartfelt character piece. Its just as good as the ones with Mr.T and Drago.

• Advertisement

This is very very false info, it is indeed different now this was the case about 2 years ago not anymore at all.

There is no crossover on some titles and some delay on certain titles too we seem to still be somewhat an after thought with some new releases, Everything...Everywhere is now showing up now for instance but the UK library is not at all more extensive as it once was in comparison to here (Prime sub only,not the pay extra abilities not available here) in fact at the mo a justwatch comparison by region brings up over 1k more movie titles in Ireland than the UK equivalent.

It's odd that there is a delay with the major titles. Tenet was added here in the UK yesterday. Is it available in Ireland yet?

Yes it's there but jaysus I didn't think much of that fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Might watch it again with subtitles this time, hadn't a clue what they were saying when I saw it in the cinema

It's fairly low down my watch list but I might check it out at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I couldn't bear to watch those movies. I really think Peter Jackson lost the plot. Awful looking.

Been watching the first 2 seasons of The Boys. Antony Starr is absolutely brilliant as the Donald Trump Superman. It's funny and brutal but uneven at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I done the same as I hadn't a clue what some of the muffled dialogue was about. Made so much more sense when you know what they are actually talking about. The film went up in my estiamation after the second watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

The Boys is top class. Homelander is a brilliant bady/goody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

The boys is one of the best things ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Everything Everywhere All at Once now available on irish prime. Very different but good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭De Bhál

The Contractor

Chris Pine plays an American special ops type soldier that joins a private contracting firm to help pay the bills.

Usual Mark Wahlberg type USA ex army affair. (he's not in it note)

Actually not a bad film at all. Like I wouldn't pay money in the cinema to see it but for a Thursday night at home it's perfectly adequate

Some high profile movies just added (here in the UK at least).

Lena Dunham's Catherine Called Birdy, an early 90s YA adaptation is supposed to be decent.

Ti West's X, just added too.

Ya they up there.

Might watch X later in fact. His 'Pearl' movie that came out recently shares story/characters I believe but haven't read too much around it apart from that.

One of his previous films 'The House of the Devil' is quite good I thought and it's actually on there too, one for the Halloween watchlists.

Yeah, Pearl is the prequel and Mia Goth stars in both but I'm assuming she plays different characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Just reading up on Pearl, Mia Goth plays the hero and villain in X which I never copped when watching the movie. Pearl is the origin story of the villain from X.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I was just reading that as well. I didn't cop ut either.

X is a bit too out there for me. Didn't really enjoy it. Maybe I took it too serious. Was hoping for a bit of a tense slasher movie. But it got a bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

The Stranger 1995 . Biker gangs in the desert. Recommended. Producer /Director Donald_P._Borchers will answer fan questions about th picture on his youtube page

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After watching X, I looked it up and saw the Pearl movie was coming. didn't realise it was so soon. Must give it a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Didn't realise that The unbearable weight of massive talent was on Prime. Meant to catch in the cinema and didn't.

If you're a Nick Cage fan it's a must watch. I checked it out tonight and really enjoyed it. Perfect Friday with a couple of whiskeys unwinding movie.

Advertisement