Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LMS 22/23 - League link in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Is there a way to know when people too the hit? I'm definitely down with no eliminations this week anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Im open to the consensus of the group if we allow people who unknowingly took a points hit get away with it, but people who took one afterwards, it definitely counts.

I'd go along with this.

Just noticed the transfers have a date/time stamp, was this always the case?

What if someone takes a hit for next week though, has not been cancelled yet, theoretically, a hit before any announcement should get the same treatment.

Just playing devils advocate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

My issue is whatever rule you decide for this GW, you have to apply for next GW, otherwise it's not consistent, so as games are canned this GW, then no one gets eliminated regardless of points hits, and likewise next GW if game is canned, no one is eliminated again regardless of points hits. I think that's what Hackers suggested. I would support this.

You seem to be implying that if someone takes a points him tonight and doesn't FH, that there would be eliminations this GW. Therefore imo, if you are applying this logic you have to eliminate someone next GW regardless whether the GW gets canned or not. Would you agreed? You also mention a coin toss - but that's not in the rules - its lowest rank player.

As someone who took a hit this GW, in order to get a player before they rise, given they are at 99%, I have basically two options, do nothing, and get eliminated from this (assuming no one else took a hit), or play the FH, and sail through this GW. My question is quite simply - if I take a hit next GW and games get canned, will you be eliminated two people, or will you just eliminate me if I'm the only person that take a hit?

What you decide to do shouldn't depend on what I or someone else in the league does this GW or next GW, it should be set it stone and not open to different situations.

Rule 3 - will mean that you know today who the two people are to get eliminate in GW8 if that week is canned too.

I get it's a unique situation, but what happened last season over Covid - did people get eliminate each week by their rank or if they took hits?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Xander10

I'll go with whatever is decided. It's just a tenner invested after all, that I never expected to see again and odds against me being LMS very high.

But from experience of these things, and reading the "back and forth" above, when you deviate from the stated rules (albeit with good intentions) one solution, can lead to another problem/headache/whinge etc down the line.

FWIW, playing early in the week always comes with rewards and risks, e.g. in before a price rise but you might hear the manager confirm on the Friday that player is injured. Those that played a WC already, might have held off if they knew 2 blank weeks were on the horizon As Boris says, them the breaks.

Again, I'll go 100% with whatever decision the organiser(s) make either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭CSF

To clarify, what I’m suggesting (and the point is taken on the coin toss, as you are correct).

Accidental point hits (one’s taken before confirmation of the games being off seems like a reasonable metric) get given an amnesty (I could be super harsh and say that if someone doesn’t FH they go anyway, but perhaps not everyone will know that you’d expect the FH to wash that away, not everyone in this competition is as always online as me). If nobody has taken a points hit this week, we won’t eliminate anyone this week and will do 2 on the next week where there are games. If 1 person has a points hit that isn’t with an amnesty they are out, if 2 or more does, it goes to our designated tiebreakers)

Next week, will work basically the same, except everyone knows the situation now so we can’t really claim accidental in genuine terms, so any points hit will count, but if nobody takes one we won’t eliminate anyone (we’d eliminate 2 on the 2nd game week where there are games if this happens).

Anyone have any issues with the above? I’m quite conscious that while I am admin for this, I can’t just go imposing rules as I see fit, and do require to have the buyin of the group. I guess the point of contention will be whether we decide the FH option creates less of a need for this amnesty, but given that a lot of people suggested it, I’m fine with it.

The one thing I’m particularly keen on myself, is that if nobody makes any transfer hits and no games are played, that nobody is eliminated. Even if I am number 1 in this league *flexs biceps*

If people don’t want exceptions made for points hits taken, I’m fine with this approach. But people should clarify it as such clearly. If there isn’t consensus on anything, I won’t be making any exceptions because that feels like an abuse of the admin role.

I am particularly eager though that nobody gets eliminated without having taken a hit/games having been played, because that feels completely out of the spirit of this game. But again, technically, if people are unhappy with this, by the strictest application of the rules it would end up being the lowest ranked in the league eliminated on tiebreakers I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭duefrine

It’s only a bit of craic lads.

I think it’s so burdensome on the people that take the time to run leagues that when we get curve balls like this then we should go with the guy running the league.

CSF is fair and I’m happy to go along with whatever he decides regardless of how that impacts me. It’s not just about me. It’s about dealing with an unpredictable curve ball. It’s only a game after all

We shouldn’t be making this more difficult for the guys that are running the leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Looks like no one took a hit so 2 to go next week assuming some or all of the matches go ahead ?

if no matches next week, and assuming no one takes a hit, then 2 to go in Week 9 and same in Week 10?

If no matches next week, but someone takes a hit, then they are gone? 2 then to go in Week 9 and back to normal in Week 10?

Does that sum up where we are ?

Several players have made many transfers, including 1 player who made 11 (the latest of which was this morning) but they are not showing up as having taken a hit or using a chip.

Not sure what to do here. If hits were being counted this would be the biggest hit:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/151899/transfers

It’s possible that those are the Free Hits that have since been undone?

Very possible but no way to tell until teams come out for the next GW and then you would know as transfers would be reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I presume there won't be a gw39 or gw40 should next week be cancelled.

That's what they did for covid, wasn't it ?

I was reading reddit, and someone said they took a -4 hit but their showing as 0-0 points in H2H games. So was the -4 taken off their total or what's happened I dunno, but based on what i was reading here last night, I ended up hitting the FH button. Not overly happy if some people did take hits and get away with it.

Edit: read some other saying there are minus scores so hard to know - I find it hard to believe that no body in any league I'm didn't have a minus score.

But if possible can a decision be made now about what is happening next week. IMO you are get rid of two people regardless of what happens, or you get rid of no one, getting rid of one person because they take a hit isn't fair (especially if there is uncertainty about whether this happen this week or not).

I'm happy with whatever the decision is, as long as it's made now and stuck too.

There’s been no objections, so the plan I put together yesterday evening stands. But obviously I can’t yet speak to the information that is currently being discussed. Because I haven’t a breeze about it.

If FPL haven’t imposed points hits, I won’t impose them. If they have, I will (following the criteria I discussed last night). Personally I can’t see why they wouldn’t if they said they were going to. I would agree with the frustration surrounding that if that is the case; but that’s out of my hands.

Using Livefpl.net and going into some other mini leagues I’m in I can see -4 hits showing up so it’s hard to figure out what’s going on!

The player in question @cdev is showing as 0 transfers made in the GW History and 0-0 in H2H leagues despite 11 transfers made in the transfer history so I am assuming he has played FH too and no-one has taken a hit in our league.

• Advertisement

As someone who would like to take a points hit this week, but not get eliminated, I just want clarity on what rules are being imposed for the GW coming.

If games get canned and no one takes a hit - is everyone safe? And 3 eliminations happen in GW9?

If games get canned, and only 1 person takes a hit - are they automatically eliminated and no one else? In which case then 2 eliminations take place in GW9?

If even just one game goes ahead in GW9, then 2 eliminations occur, and then back to 1 from GW9

Would that be a fair summary of what is going to happen for the next two GW's?

It looks like with this team they now have a completely different team, no chip used and total score is the same as it was at end of the last gameweek (359 points).

There could be some kind of a programming glitch maybe? In this case maybe transfers were made, then free hit was played and then cancelled....but team has not reverted to the original one ?

It’s possible they are in the middle of the WC, it’s still active and so it’s not showing as being used - you would have till deadline closes next GW for confirmation. Which is kinda crap because you’ll now know if your opponent is planning on selling salah or whoever.

As for the FH, I played this but it doesn’t show that I played it, so that’s something else that person could have done.

Failing that there would have to be a glitch in the system.

The middle of the Wc thing is very possible. Think there is a few unknowns in the system at the moment

Yeah Ace played FH too and it doesn't show either. I assume Cdev took a hit earlier in the week and then played FH to cancel it.

I can see a player on -4 in one of my other mini leagues if that helps.

Just to note, both players also took hits after the death announcement.

Is that ok as part of the amnesty, I remember reading hits taken after the announcement would count.

• Advertisement

Have they possibly used the FH to negate same?

Advertisement