Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do people make scrambled egg in?

Options
  • 06-09-2022 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

A saucepan or a shallow pan? Can’t seem to add a poll.

Comments

Little tiny saucepan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭victor8600

Small non-stick pan, with a bit of butter and salt. But I am making only small amounts (2-3 eggs).

Post edited by victor8600 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

A non-stick pan. No milk, just eggs and real butter.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭wandererz

Frying pan

Frying pan. Wipe with paper towel and set aside for washing later. Anything else is madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Frying pan for me, only way I've ever known!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Bowl in the microwave

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

A microwave is best for scrambled eggs. Take care and scramble after 1 minute and each minute until just set. 30 seconds too long and they get rubbery but practice makes perfect. And much easier to clean afterwards. Ignore those who say you can't make "proper" scrambled eggs in microwave,the y are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

A cup in the microwave

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Scrambled egg maker.

🤣

Actually a little saucepan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Tried the Gordon Ramsay method I found online. 30 seconds on the heat then 10 seconds off continually stirring. Repeat 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Saucepan with a little cooking oil. Use a whisk and beat the shite out of it. Add a little salt and enjoy.

*...Just finished a sambo and now I want scrambled eggs, thanks a million OP. 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Non stick pan. Drop of milk, bit of butter, salt and pepper. Microwave I find them too rubbery and saucepan I find they always stock and the pan is a bugger to get cleaned afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Saucepan. Eggs, milk, butter, salt and pepper and stir constantly while regularly removing from the heat. Perfect every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

Always a frying pan with loads of butter and salt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Grew up with them always being made in the microwave but once I started doing them on the pan I just couldn't go back to microwaving

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Small frying pan , butter , Salt and pepper . 30 seconds on high , off the heat stir for another 20 seconds . I don’t like over cooked scrambled eggs ..

Saucepan always- can't stand microwaved scrambled eggs - doesn't take long at all and nice looking at all the ingredients come together

• Advertisement

Chucking in a whole bag of spinach and watching it reduce down to about 5% of what you put in is always fun too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Non stick frying pan. Melt butter and bloom some pepper in it, egg is beaten with a splash of cream and some salt. Much easier to manage the cooking in a pan than a pot. (I flip flop between soft and custardy, and fluffy curds).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭wandererz

I like mine slightly wet/runny (Gordon Ramsay style) but with a bit of flavour.

Non stick frying pan.

Butter

3 eggs - whisked with a fork,

Add milk, salt, pepper and some tomato puree or tomato sauce.

Add to frying pan and scramble over low heat.

If you have some left over salsa, that's a great way to spice up the eggs instead of the tomato sauce.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Saucepan, Gordon Ramsay style.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Slow cooker.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Non stick pan, silicon spatula, little butter, 3 eggs minimum, add salt and pepper right at the end, and definitely Ramsey style for me too.

Number of eggs depending on what I'm having it with (just toast, or a big pile of fried mushrooms, or other breakfast items)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Little tiny saucepan or if I'm lazy microwave it in the bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Saucepan, barely cooking and taken off the heat when runny and glossy. I put a tiny bit of butter to start and shake in light flakes of butter before serving with salt and alittle black pepper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

A lightly heated saucepan laced with copious amounts of butter, salt and a dash of cream or milk, using a whisk fervently whilst allowing the eggs to cool every 20 seconds until they are ready, before adding some finely chopped Dill and crushing fresh black pepper to season.

• Advertisement

Serious lack of tabasco in the recipes.

Advertisement