Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do people make scrambled egg in?

• 06-09-2022 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

A saucepan or a shallow pan? Can’t seem to add a poll.

Comments

Little tiny saucepan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭victor8600

Small non-stick pan, with a bit of butter and salt. But I am making only small amounts (2-3 eggs).

Post edited by victor8600 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

A non-stick pan. No milk, just eggs and real butter.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭wandererz

Frying pan

Frying pan. Wipe with paper towel and set aside for washing later. Anything else is madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Frying pan for me, only way I've ever known!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Bowl in the microwave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭cml387

A microwave is best for scrambled eggs. Take care and scramble after 1 minute and each minute until just set. 30 seconds too long and they get rubbery but practice makes perfect. And much easier to clean afterwards. Ignore those who say you can't make "proper" scrambled eggs in microwave,the y are wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

A cup in the microwave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Scrambled egg maker.

🤣

Actually a little saucepan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Tried the Gordon Ramsay method I found online. 30 seconds on the heat then 10 seconds off continually stirring. Repeat 3 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,563 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Saucepan with a little cooking oil. Use a whisk and beat the shite out of it. Add a little salt and enjoy.

*...Just finished a sambo and now I want scrambled eggs, thanks a million OP. 🤬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Non stick pan. Drop of milk, bit of butter, salt and pepper. Microwave I find them too rubbery and saucepan I find they always stock and the pan is a bugger to get cleaned afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,263 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Saucepan. Eggs, milk, butter, salt and pepper and stir constantly while regularly removing from the heat. Perfect every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

Always a frying pan with loads of butter and salt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Grew up with them always being made in the microwave but once I started doing them on the pan I just couldn't go back to microwaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Small frying pan , butter , Salt and pepper . 30 seconds on high , off the heat stir for another 20 seconds . I don’t like over cooked scrambled eggs ..

Saucepan always- can't stand microwaved scrambled eggs - doesn't take long at all and nice looking at all the ingredients come together

• Advertisement

Chucking in a whole bag of spinach and watching it reduce down to about 5% of what you put in is always fun too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Non stick frying pan. Melt butter and bloom some pepper in it, egg is beaten with a splash of cream and some salt. Much easier to manage the cooking in a pan than a pot. (I flip flop between soft and custardy, and fluffy curds).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭wandererz

I like mine slightly wet/runny (Gordon Ramsay style) but with a bit of flavour.

Non stick frying pan.

Butter

3 eggs - whisked with a fork,

Add milk, salt, pepper and some tomato puree or tomato sauce.

Add to frying pan and scramble over low heat.

If you have some left over salsa, that's a great way to spice up the eggs instead of the tomato sauce.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Saucepan, Gordon Ramsay style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Slow cooker.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭nothing

Non stick pan, silicon spatula, little butter, 3 eggs minimum, add salt and pepper right at the end, and definitely Ramsey style for me too.

Number of eggs depending on what I'm having it with (just toast, or a big pile of fried mushrooms, or other breakfast items)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Little tiny saucepan or if I'm lazy microwave it in the bowl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Saucepan, barely cooking and taken off the heat when runny and glossy. I put a tiny bit of butter to start and shake in light flakes of butter before serving with salt and alittle black pepper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

A lightly heated saucepan laced with copious amounts of butter, salt and a dash of cream or milk, using a whisk fervently whilst allowing the eggs to cool every 20 seconds until they are ready, before adding some finely chopped Dill and crushing fresh black pepper to season.

• Advertisement

Serious lack of tabasco in the recipes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

In a bowl in the microwave when you’ve turned the bacon on the grill/bbq so they’re ready at the same time.

I would like to hear peoples’ tips on cleaning scrambled eggs off their pot/pan/bowl before going in the dishwasher. 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Scrambling eggs in the microwave makes it stick to the bowl... Nope.

I use a cheap Teflon omelette pan I got from Dealz. Not sure how long it'll last though. But it's perfect for now. Just give it a wipe after. No scrubbing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

No one tried the milk frother?

I love my hot sauces, but I find tabasco too sharp for eggs. Maybe Cholula.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Pan, milk butter salt and pepper, tomato at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I usually make them in the kitchen🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Frying pan is far easier and quicker than stopping and starting a microwave, 2 mins stirring the pan on high heat and you are done. Cleanup is as simple as a wipe with kitchen paper. No washing required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Non stick frying pan, wipe clean, no dishwasher required. Just let the egg dry and it will flake right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,168 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

So many answers and I have a unique one 😉

I don't cook scrambled eggs much but this method was thought to me by a chef.

Put eggs in a bowl with some dabs of butter and a splash of milk or cream. Put over a pot of simmering water (bain marie) and let cook slowly, stirring regularly.

Takes about 10 minutes but doesn't require much care and they are lovely and soft.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Do you have a gas hob? I can get steam bath temperatures on my electric hob, so I can get the custard style scramblies w/o babysitting a pot of hot water.

• Advertisement

Don't like the custard type. Much prefer the drier, chunky type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

That's one of the best methods IMO. A bit slower but nice and clean (no burning !!!) and easy to judge when they're done to your satisfaction.

It's also far and away the best method if you're doing a large amount, hence why Chefs will regularly do it this way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For washing, cold water immediately after serving, like for porridge, otherwise it continues to cook to the saucepan.

I am my dishwasher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,828 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Saucepan… if it’s in the frying pan it’s a scrambled omelette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

This ^^^ You end up with something more like what the Germans call Rühreier. You start making an omelette, and then half way through start messing it up a bit. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not scrambled eggs as we normally know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Depends on how much I want sometimes a big cup and sometimes a jug. Never done it in a saucepan or a pan.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Anything made outside of a saucepan is not scrambled egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shortcircuit_99

I have a carbon steel pan that has good seasoning on it. Does a great job for scrambled eggs, and no evil Teflon chemicals needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭lenscap

Non-stick wok, free range eggs and butter. I use a rubber spatula to stir and fold.

Piss off with your fold!

Is it an omelette (agree with the rubber spatula part)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement