Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do people make scrambled egg in?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

I know it's off topic so will probably get a site wide ban, but I could never make a poached egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

Inspired by this thread, I did scrambled egg today as follows;

Glass Pyrex bowl, melt some butter with salt and pepper and dash of paprika, added 4 eggs and glug of milk, plus some grated cheese and parsley,

3.5 mins on microwave on high, stop after 60 seconds and stir well, another 45 seconds, stop and stir, another 45-60 seconds, stir well and eventually when it’s generally set, good to go as will keep cooking so careful not to over cook. Also added small bit of chopped ham for last round.

Extremely tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

nonstick frying pan with butter and scramble very gently and very slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭trashcan

Me neither. Can never get it right, and I like poached eggs. As far as scrambled goes, I saw a nice method on YouTube. On a frying pan, but don’t stir too much. As solid bits start to form just move them gently to the centre of the pan, until the liquid solidifies. Gives a nice soft texture. Don’t make scrambled eggs that often, but the bowel over hot water sounds good too. Might give that a try next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,092 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

How do they eggs know they are in a frying pan rather than a sauce pan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,863 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Wheelbarrow with an auld rubber tire burning underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I've never used butter or oil to make scrambled eggs. Just eggs, milk and salt added on the plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Dear God, the frying pan is making inroads here too. Absolute sacrilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This. Frying or saucepan will do. Twist of black pepper at the end.

There's absolutely no place for milk in scrambled eggs and if you've enough butter in, they shouldn't really need salt either.

I have scrambled eggs in the microwave in work, cause that's pretty much the only way, but let's face it, they're an abomination compared to the silky, ooey-gooey plateful of heaven you get from the stove.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shortcircuit_99

I have been muddling away with poached eggs for years, doing the vortex thing, adding vinegar to the water etc. I have come to the following conclusions.

The enemy of the poached egg is the watery egg white. If the egg white is good and coherent, it's tough to make a bad one.

I have often been told that the fresher the egg, the firmer the white. And that free range is better. Well I have bought really fresh free range eggs from both the supermarket and from a neighbour who has hens, and the eggs have been watery. So it's no guarantee.

The best eggs for poaching, without doubt, are the M&S eggs. I guess they insist on a certain diet for the hens.

The one thing that makes the biggest difference to getting a sub-par egg to poach well is to add vinegar, not to the poaching water, but to the egg itself. I actually saw this tip from Nigella Lawson. Crack the egg into a little cup or rammekin while your water is heating up. Drizzle white wine vinegar onto the egg white and avoid the yolk. I guess maybe a teaspoon of vinegar. You will see very soon that the egg white starts to go a bit cloudy which means the acid is setting or kind of "cooking" the egg white. Add this into the simmering water and the egg white (largely) stays put. Without doubt the best tip I have tried

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

On scrambled eggs microwave you just have to watch them and take them.out when they look a little uncooked. They cook for another 20 seconds after that.

Poached eggs the easiest way is a frying pan with a half an inch of water and vinegar. Put the egg in the pan and you can cook it to perfection. You need a pan with a cover ideally. The egg will. E the same shape as a friend egg. The fresher the egg the more the yoke sits up.

You can do it in a small glass bowl in the microwave. A cup of boiling water and vinegar and put the egg in and into the microwave. Put it on the highest cooking level 30 sec to a minute depending on your microwave

The classic way in a sauspan boil water and break egg so it goes into the water very slowly. Use a desert or table spoon to shape the egg and keep it together.

None of them beat a soft boiled egg nice brown soda bread and butter

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

yes, and the key is moving and turning the eggs very slowly and gently with a spatula while cooking so they are more like ribbons.

If water flows from your scrambled eggs on the plate you made them wrong.

Microwave - you have to be kidding me.

Personally, I like them in a warmed-up wrap with cream cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tejula

i scramlbe my eggs in all stirfrys that i make. it really doesn't matter what you put in the pan. stirfry it and then pour in 1 or 2 scrambled eggs along with some hot spices and you have yourself a nice asian-inspired meal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Saucepan eggs and butter and a teaspoon to scrap it off before washing.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement

Sounds nice, but off topic.

I might as well mention my rasher sangich preference. Which would be fresh brennan's bread, loads of butter, maple cured rasher (although hictory or streaky will do. Any sliced pigs arse is fine if I'm being honest) and copiously and liberally spread brown sauce. Any fecker mentions red sauce is a bollox.

Anyway seeing as I was only giving an example of going off topic I'm not going off topic.

You also get kudos for being a pixies fan.

Another example of off topic posting. Don't do it kids. It's awful moreish.

What the heck is a brown and red sauce?

Apart from that, if I can speak for myself, great off topic post.

Next time try to toast the bread (actually use some real bread) and before adding butter, scrub ( not to sure I'm using right word there) it with garlic while hot and after add the butter. And any pigs arse can follow.. and egg and veggies.

What type of maniac are you!

I shall try though.

Non stick pan best and cleanest for me

Try some Lidl bread, forget about the usual toast bread. I make my own bread, you know yeast, flour some egg in, water, spices if you wish, salt etc. a bit of work and voilà.

Easy food, fry (actually roast would be more accurate I think) few bread slices on a bit of oil, if you have pork lard, even better! While hot use the garlic apply butter and throw scrambled eggs on the top of it.

Plenty of choices how to make scrambled eggs here.

My personal favourite is sauce pan, onions, butter, black pepper, a bit of salt. Like to keep it simple. And any pork on the top of it is more than welcome 😁

Okay. We're on the same page with the saucepan.

Other complete weirdo's above saying microwave. Off to bedlam with those heretics!

Why? If someone wish to use microwave, it's fine. Your second paragraph is a bit funny.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

gameoverdude, calm down please. People can post what they like without your declarations of what you consider to be off topic.

• Advertisement

Advertisement