Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,064 ✭✭✭✭unkel

We're not using Turkish NetFlix. We are using Irish NetFlix. But we pay Netflix pretending we are in Turkey, to get the cheapest NetFlix subscription in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

Just ran though this, to update my card. Super painless. Didnt take 10 mins.

While On VPN (Windscribe on iPadOS) I made a failed attempt to add Revolut.

Then chat them, explaining issue with card being accepted.

I was asked "Does your Credit/Debit Card have 3DS" It does - thats the in app verification.

They claimed that they do not support 3DS. And sent the From to submit the details. 1 min later all. done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

So my account which i had been paying in Turkish for the last few months just expired as it was comming off an AIB debit card that expired, couldnt update the card (didnt know about ping me until a few minutes ago).

Tried talking to customer service on the online chat behind turkish VPN who really could not of been less helpful, they repeatedly asked me for the old debit card despite me telling them the card is cancelled and no longer has an account attached to it several times.

After 55 minutes of back and fourth with the 2 of them all i got in the end was you can make a new account or try using a different payment method.

Just grabbed a voucher from g2a that worked first time and i guess now i can try pingme to add a revolut card?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Went back onto the online chat again and within 10 minutes i had my revolut card added as back up payment method.

• Advertisement

You must have got an incompetent clown the first time @funkyouup. Glad you got sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

I bought a Netflix giftcard and renewed my subscription. Now it's not taking N26 or Revolut as payment. I thought I could add these once it was up and running and change to my preferred payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

I use a swirl top up card for netflix and every other month I dont put any cash on it. (and wait till they have put some fresh content on.) they cancel me but i get a link in an email to start again. So i can have netflix when i want it and dont pay every month,its some savings. But almost everything i want is on hurawatch.at....... FOR FREE.

See the last few posts with detailed instructions. Summary: use a VPN with a Turkish IP then login to your Netflix and go on to chat. The agent will bring up a secure screen where you can enter your debit card. It works instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just added my new Revolut card as a backup without a VPN and then changed it to main card and it has been working fine the past few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

I tried that after I resumed by subscription but they said I need to buy vouchers or change to an accepted payment method. Logged in today however and it looks like one of my attempts to add my N26 card must have worked. I guess I will see if it works next month

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭mfield

I tried the above method but the agent insisted that I had to activate using the SMS verification method.

Here's what worked for me -

I setup an account over at https://5sim.net/ to receive the activation text. It costs about €1.70 for 100 rubles worth of credit, so you can do several activations.

I selected -

Country - Turkey

Operator - Any operator

Product - Netflix

I entered in the full activation number including the +90 prefix and I immediately received the activation code. I am now back in business with my new Revolut card. 😉

Yeah they insisted on the SMS method with me too, but I convinced them that I tried that first, but it didn't work as I didn't receive the SMS on my Turkish mobile number (which was true)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭plasterman

I have a 212 roubles credit with that service. If anyone needs a free local SMS message for Netflix sign up message me, I'll use up the rest of the credit. It's cheap but there's a min buy in even for crypto. There's a 10 minute window for each SMS. I'll be on late each most evenings 10-11pm.

BTW I got my full refund from that PingMe service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭plasterman

Yes.

I'll set an alarm for 2200 whoever wants it then will do (think 2/3 credits at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Sent you pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

What VPN are you all using? I have tried Hola as i need to update my payment method but i keep on getting the "incorrect password" issue. this magically disappears when i stop using the VPN. However, once I log in again and turn the VPN on and try to uodate to my new Revolut card, it simply tells me "There is a problem with this payment method"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Winscribe i havent managed to get revolut setup im just using the voucher method.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭mfield

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thanks a million. This worked for me with Windscribe. Revolut did not seem to work for me though so had to use my N26 card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I pay via turkey but haven't had a payment taken in 2 months with no interuption to my service , anyone had this before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Anyone available to recieve text for me, revolut replaced my cards !!

scratch that, will sign up myself,

do I need to use vpn to sign up to 5sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

No my Netflix Turkey transactions coming out same date each month. If your card is Revolut then you can check your upcoming transactions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They done that to everyone. You may be too late if the old card has expired if not I just went into setting in Netflix and added my new card as a backup no VPN needed and after it was accepted I just changed the backup card to primary and it has been working fine the past two or three months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Howdy. Long time since I've posted bur I had this problem with my payment method (revolut cancelling a visa) recently and found a solution I'm not sure was already mentioned.

I was trying for ages to get a Turkish number without success. Then my old card actually expired so I started getting messages on Netflix that my payment method didn't work. At this stage if you go onto Netflix on a firestick or your tv (if that's what you are using) it should now give you the option to update payment card and then it works with no Turkish number or VPN.

The option to make account changes isn't normally available via the firestick but this option appears if you let the payment fail. I think I had to wait a day after the payment failed before it appeared and the service was still working at that stage. Anyway worked for me after everything else was failing and didn't cost me anything, just put in my new revolut.

Hope that helps someone.

Advertisement