Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with current affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Hope for her sake she takes that down, as it has already been clarified by the Admin that he only sees PMs in his inbox.

Yeah, we conspired, but we didn't really, seems to be the defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,506 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Correct me if I am wrong, but is she not asking Boards managment a question (see the question mark?)there and not Beasty?

Thanks for that constructive explanation of where things are at.

The only point I would quibble with is that Beasty only gets abuse. A number of posters on this thread have acknowledged the stellar work he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭mikethecop

as this thread proves very clearly there is a small group of posters , some of whom have already been caught with multiple accounts driving a specific agenda along a specific political line. when mods try to hold the to the same standards as every one else using the site this thread is the result .

as i said great to see some of them exposed again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,965 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Thank you @Ten of Swords your post is appreciated. My particular gripe is the point you raise about swift action and this is not a criticism of any Mod its an observation over many months.

Swift action sadly is not taken and in particular one particular Thread but increasingly others . I and others have had literally daily interactions with a well known number of individuals and despite some astonishing behaviour, "even mental health wasn't low enough", to throw a Dig at these very same individuals literally take turns to deflect, insult and Bait posters trying to contribute constructively.

To @Beasty credit he has & does react to reports and he has explained to me, deleting posts is the quickest way to deal with problematic deflection & I respect his interventions. I fully understand why ultimate sanction of a Thread Ban is a big decision but there seems to me, a number of individuals who get carte Blanch to just continue with deflection but more disturbing throw insults. They are well known, this is not makey uppy & whilst I'll not name names, similar behaviour witnessed here.

It's gotten to the stage I've reduced interactions on Boards, I suspect I'm not alone. I'm left to think, perhaps unfairly (but it's taken very unpleasant experiences) to reach a conclusion, the behaviour of some is quite deliberate & coordinated, given they carry on daily with seemingly total impunity and in turns, it almost like they've a Roster drawn up. (I'm being fitcious)

Folks are free to disagee with me on this but I don't believe I'm alone in this observation.

I had no desire for my contributions to be twisted as a criticism of Any Moderator but I have to be Honest this thread has become very personalised, this is very regrettable but I see frustrations on both sides.

I'm big enough to apologise when I'm wrong, admit to mistakes, tried to be objective but even that's not enough for some.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I think under Boards rules that if Francie appeals the issue in Dispute Resolution that he can publish the PMs between him and the mod who banned him. I may be wrong on that.

However, I have previously advised him it would be better if he did that as it would only be him, the mod who banned him and whoever was overseeing the appeal could post there, and he wouldn't have to be telling the rest of us that he doesn't want our opinion. Strangely, he hasn't taken up the option of starting such a thread there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,280 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Because the person overseeing the appeal would be the person who banned him, which is the entire point of this thread in the first place.

Which you know full well. Why mods and admins allow the behaviour evident in this thread is quite troubling.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Maybe that is because you yet again are allowing paranoia and bias cloud your vision, I used your post as an example of the type of posts that can be posted on the site, with more often than not, impunity, and provided a hypothetical counter one for comparison.

I made a valid comparison earlier in the thread of the inconsistencies here, that unsurprisingly no one seems to have wanted to address.

Paul Murphy v Leo Varadkar.

One of them strenuously denied the allegations, and then charges made against them, and was later vindicated (actually vindicated) in a court of law.

The other, admitted the allegations made against them, and for unknown reasons, was never charged, nor stood trial.

Yet posters are allowed to discuss one and not the other. Makes absolutely zero sense, and is a prime example of what this thread is about.

Fair enough, no one should be claiming either of the two engaged in any criminal act, because neither did, but to flat out censoring the Leo thing is just odd, and looks like a whitewash by the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I also have no issues with moderation 

Clearly, you do, as you have bitching and moaning here or the past few days about it.

Francie, you don't have to be the top contributor in every thread.

• Advertisement

Meh.....fcuk it,if he's banned,sure may as well throw em out for all to see

If admins (or mods) are resorting to personal abuse,as is accused, in warning PMs ,surely their position is potentially untenable,and at a minimum can be expected is to answer questions as regards conduct.....otherwise what is point of a feedback forum,

Little point in sanctioning posters for X,y and z.....while giving admins a free reign to do so.....poor look for site otherwise

Correction:

I wasn't 'caught' with having multiple accounts. The mods always knew I had two.

I was 'caught' wrongly using (never denied and took the punishment) two legal and mod approved accounts at the same time for a small number of posts 11 years ago and never repeated.

I still have the PM interation with the mod Quin_Dub about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Blanch is pointing out the hypocrisy Brucie. That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,280 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

But that doesn't really address the length of time that this has all taken. With the implication being that if after a year there still are no viable candidates for CA, then perhaps a different approach should be considered?

It surely cannot continue as is, or with the mods only being added at this pace. You only have to look at the state of this very thread to see the effect it is having.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,278 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I came accross this read it all during the day. Absolutely head wrecker of a thread.

Two good things happened on it so that not too bad.

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

????

Oh my gawd if you don't like the moderation here go set up your own discussion forum, or go to twitter or something. This is a private site with it's own rules not your personal place for soapboxing. If you don't like the rules just go somewhere else???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There’s already an “anti-boards” hate site out there, A.

Have heard they are already sneering at this thread and delighting in the mods/admins getting abused.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 40,316 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

never denied? are you having a laugh? you denied, denied , denied to the bitter end in the feedback thread even after evidence was presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Nobody is abusing anyone. You're abusing the truth maybe.

We've gone for pretending its anti moderation to anti boards.

Its a discussion forum not an MMA grudge match. You're telling people to relax and then stirring things.

CA should have more mods and somewhere for contributors to take any grievances. I gave examples of issues I had for context. I've already discussed those at admin level.

See above.

I denied it was 'sock puppeting' which given that mods knew about the accounts and approved them it wasn't. A sock puppet account is by definition a secret account no-one knows about.

You are also free to have the opinion it was.

I have the interactions with the mod (beasty) on this and my acceptance that I was due a 6 week siteban for breaking the rules.

I was not 'caught' with multiple accounts. I was caught using two approved accounts against the rules.

End of that particular discussion with you too. Take it or leave it.

• Advertisement

no, you were caught. You denied there was an overlap between the accounts. I was the one who provided the evidence that they did. The search function is generally terrible but if you know what you are doing you can find what you want.

Exactly. I personally love boards and enjoy it. Almost 60,000 posts across a whole range of it's forums kinda says that, I would have thought.

So beasty floated a theory, he said he couldn't prove either way. And you want Francie to prove him wrong by posting his private messages.

Biased much?

I told you, I sent beasty a screen shot were I told francie about this thread, dated August 26th, before his theory was floated. Also I'm quite sure admins can read PM's as you can flag a PM. So the functionality seems to be there.

Beasty is the one you appeal to. Personally I haven't gone that route as its pointless. Thats the main reason I started this thread which you continue to ignore.

Just correcting Mike's recall Brucie.

No intention of feeding any more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

But that doesn't prove you's didn't concoct this thread before that date ,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,278 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

This thread should be closed as it looks like the problem on CA has been sorted.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

you said you corrected mikes recall but it was me you responded to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement