Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depersonalisation and brain fog

Options
  • 24-08-2022 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm not sure if this is the correct sub to ask/discuss this but here goes...

I'm a university student and ever since attending university I can't seem to study. The information doesn't seem to stick in my head long. In secondary school I was a straight A student, could learn reams of info and pick up most of the information in class before even having to study it per say. I know college level is a way more difficult compared to secondary school but we are talking night and day here, I really can't remember anything anymore.

I feel at times since coming to college I have developed anhedonia to an extent, I have lost feeling/interest in a lot of things and maybe feel numb at times. I'm not sure if the title of my post here, "Depersonalization and brain fog" are the correct terms to use but it does almost feel like there's a disconnect between my emotions and my brain somehow.

This is starting to effect me badly, I failed first year of college and seem to be heading the same way now, failing all of my exams. I do want to succeed in my course so this is frustrating but I just feel stuck right now.

Do I need counselling? I am not sure where to go from here, any help of info/advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Post edited by The Black Oil on

Comments

Advertisement