Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toasted Sandwiches .... and I mean Proper Toasted Sandwiches!

Options
  • 27-08-2022 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Is there anywhere (Cafe or otherwise) that know how to make proper toasted sandwiches? - I mean say if I say "Can I have a cheese toasted sandwich please" - I get "do you want white white or brown bread?" (well first of all I am thinking in my head - No, brown bread toasted sandwich is just plain wrong!) - so then white it is "sit down over there I will bring it over" .

When it finally comes its 2 bits of white bread toasted with a bit of melted cheese in it that collapses as you are eating it leaving all the filling falling out of it!- or melted cheese sticking to the 'greaseproof' paper or paper bag - sorry lads that is not a Toasted Sandwich .

A Toasted sandwich is what you get when you buy a Sandwich Toaster from TESCO for around 7 quid and you put your 2 bits of buttered bread into the Sandwich Toaster along with the filling and then close the lid and a few minutes later you take the toasted sandwich out of the Sandwich and its 'pinched' all the way round thus encapsulating the filling .. its lovely ... OH God I fancy a toasted sandwich now!

So anyone know if actually any cafe in Ireland can make a 'proper' toasted sandwich like that? - I mean am I using the wrong terminology maybe? - I have tried so far "Can I have a cheese cheese and tomato sauce toasted sandwich" and I have also tried "can I have a cheese toastie please" both have got me the same results. - is it called something else in Ireland? , is that where I am going wrong?

Post edited by Andy From Sligo on

Comments

Advertisement