Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roomba or equivalent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭ablelocks

g30 is down to £229 on amazon - ltd time deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

dazzday wrote: »
    Gone for the G30 - extra power and mapping function seem to be better future proof then the 30C.

Will give some feedback here once i get it!
    Does it have a mapping function??
    I dont think it has support for no go zones or invisible boundaries like most "Mapping" robot vacs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭sumo12

I have 2 Eufy 30c's and they are great, regular cleaning and maintenance aside, you can just leave them to it. 1.5hrs run time and then they head off back under the sofa or under the bed to recharge. Highly recommend

Got my eufy 30c yesterday.
    All set up for its first day alone today.
    There was a large yellow sticker on it pointing to the power button that needed to be removed and it was absolutely welded to the unit.
    took 20minutes to get it off and it almost looks like the glue melted to the unit .

I did some testing last night and it doesn't seem to set off the hall Alarm PIR but time will tell.

edit -just got an alert from the house alarm, it set off the hall PIR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭sumo12

Got my eufy 30c yesterday.
    All set up for its first day alone today.
    There was a large yellow sticker on it pointing to the power button that needed to be removed and it was absolutely welded to the unit.
    took 20minutes to get it off and it almost looks like the glue melted to the unit .

I did some testing last night and it doesn't seem to set off the hall Alarm PIR but time will tell.

edit -just got an alert from the house alarm, it set off the hall PIR.

Depends on the alarm and sensitivity of course, but mine rarely sets it off. Once a month maybe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My alarm, not that I use it that often, has a pet feature which when I use it doesn't set off the alarm when the vacuum is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Mine has never set off the alarm, upstairs or downstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

Are the spare parts (filter, side brush and roller) for the roborock S5 the same as for the S5 max, s6 etc.? Aliexpress listings all seem to suggest they are interchangeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭murt101

Just got the eufy G30 and it's a great job, very happy with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Def_IRL

Eufy L70 Hybrid €370.28 via amazon.it

Currently €499 minus a current Amazon €150 promo discount offer + delivery to Dublin €16.19.

Articles:. EUR 504.09
    Shipping cost: EUR 16.19
    Promotional discount:
    - EUR 150.00
    Total order:
    EUR 370.28

https://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B07SQX58WV/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&psc=1

Same offer on tbe .Fr and .de sites offering a €50 or €100 promo discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SocialSpud

Do people think the auto emptying bin in these robot vacuums is worth the extra cash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

SocialSpud wrote: »
    Do people think the auto emptying bin in these robot vacuums is worth the extra cash?
    I've yet to see one that doesn't empty into a re useable bag or just a plastic compartment. It would wreck my head having to buy bags for the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SocialSpud

seannash wrote: »
    I've yet to see one that doesn't empty into a re useable bag or just a plastic compartment. It would wreck my head having to buy bags for the thing.

I believe one of the Shark ones don't use bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

For those that got the S5 max from Aliexpress was there an option for an UK plug? If got EU plug did you just use an adaptor? Its now just but only option is EU plug.

Any other options out there for purchasing (expect amazon). Geekbuying are out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Much like higster above, also on the hunt for the S5 Roborock Max as well - Aliexpress still the best source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Any one having issues with the S5Max recently? It just seems to randomly stall and slow down in various places and spin around as if it's lost!!

See attached for one example. It should just be a series of basically parallel lines up/down.

There is a table bottom centre, but a lot of odd behaviour since the last firmware update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭derekbro

I don't have the s5 max but had something like this happen on the original xiaomi vacuum, it was because of dirt on the sensor, once i cleaned it it worked fine again.

Went ahead and ordered from AliExpress on Monday, shipping via Belgium. Came in at €370 after a 40 quid voucher was taken off. I imagine it's a bit more expensive than if i'd ordered earlier in the year with the VAT changes.

Received notification that it's in 'Ireland' already ! Excited for this, I'd assumed all Ali orders would take forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I keep getting notifications from this thread and can't unsubscribe 😂

I think it's because I was the OP on it?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Look at your notification settings. You can de-select stuff there. https://www.boards.ie/profile/preferences

Watched the Vacuum Wars video t'other day of the S7 with a self-empty yolk. Happy enough with the S5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

yeah seems that I can either turn off notifications for everything or nothing.

I just want to be de-notified about a thread I created 4 years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

Popped up whenever I added to the cart, think it was roborock store official, auto gets added when you spend over x amount, I tried on the mobile app cos apparently thats' where you get the best prices for Aliexpress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Roomba has another sale finally on.

Pulled the plug on getting the i7+ and the Brava M6. There's 200 of the i7+ and 140 off the M6.

The collaboration between the two is what sold me on getting both. I had the i3 and its great but it doesn't have the mapping software. Now I'll be able to have it hoover and mop individual rooms.

Expensive yes but with my work I don't have time to be mopping floors and the missus struggles with it due to muscle pains etc so its worth it plus I won't be getting nagged about doing the floors now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

How big is tank of water for Brava m6 , couldn’t find specs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It looks small but damn does it cover the entire downstairs and still have a load left. I’m seriously in love with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

For the I7, can you lift it over a large threshold and let it do its work? The dirtiest room in the house, a converted conservatory dedicated to the kids, has a half inch or so metal divider for the doors and there's nothing robot hoovery getting over it so wondering how that can be managed with it unable to get to and fro its docking station.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

About to take the plunge on a Roborock s6 MaxV , but where to buy ??

Is AliExpress safe/reliable.

Where else is there for buying online that is safe/reliable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

I bought an S5max from AliExpress a few weeks ago as it was by far the cheapest price at the time. I used roborock Online Store. Rating of 4.9, positive feedback of 99.3% (based on 982 respondants). Can't fault the service or the product. Shipped from France and was with delivered within 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

Its a recommendation like this that has me coming back to boards...very much appreciated, thx jethrothe2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭poker--addict

385euro there abouts?

😎

how often do you find you empty it? I see the dock for auto empty. To see a bag in the dock is a bit disappointing- who wants to buy bags anymore?

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just beware with AliExpress, they aren't the best to deal with if you have to return something. You are relying on the store to be good. Bought a phone a few years ago and it stopped working within weeks and the store wouldn't replace it and AliExpress were no help.

I got my roborock from there a few years ago though and no issues. You can also buy parts fairly cheaply.

It needs to be emptied every few days. Obviously depends on how much dust you have in your house. And it requires taking a couple of the modules off every couple of weeks to clean them too. For me it is the wife's hair that gets tangled in it. Not while it's attached to her head though

Is there bag in the vacuum or just the dock?

😎

I hve been looking some more, I think realistically I am better focusing on the robot with best hard floor performance- vacuum and mopping, as the carpet is upstairs so will end up using the traditional vac rather than disturbing/lift robot. Any thoughts on the best for hard floors including a mop function? Would want the mapping function rather than bump and go random direction approach.

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,202 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

If you want decent mopping really you need a dedicated mopping device imo , the vacuums with mopping is pretty basic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

Pretty much just drags a slightly damp cloth across the floor. It probably helps clean the floor but it's not a replacement for actual mopping. I have s6 Max. Maybe the newer ones are better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,202 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Has anyone purchased from www.myrobotcenter.eu? I'm going to pick up a S7 Max and they look ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Roborock S7 or Q7??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭collybyrne

Hi All. Just picked up a Roborock Q7 Max+ with Auto-Empty dock on Ali Express for €504.89. There's some kind of Roborock brand day on and alot of their products are on sale if anyone's looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Has anyone had to get a replacement battery for their hoover? Mine is acting up and needs to be replaced, but with restrictions on shipping batteries, it's hard to find somewhere.

I have a Eufy Robovac 15C Max. I can see batteries on Amazon, but obviously they don't ship them to Ireland anymore.

Thanks for that. Was about to say I rarely use ali express, but I actually mean I never have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

It is not like you have a choice after the Brexit.Good few sellers shipping from EU there, so no custom duty , VAT etc involved.

It's not the duty or vat that's the issue, it's that a lot of sellers won't ship batteries.

but then when you try to order:

But I got one shipped from Germany via aliexpress. Thanks for the heads up on that. I had assumed most Aliexpress stuff came from China, took ages, and had duty applied on entry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭dam099

Amazon are very finicky with batteries the last few years. They used to ship more, I have items in my order history from 2018/17 that they wont ship now (camera batteries that seem to lithium based). They still seem to ship some NiMH batteries.

Apparently if you put the battery in the box with a new camera though it suddenly becomes "safe" to ship. 🙄

• Advertisement

Yeah, I had an issue a few years back sending a camera to Italy. An Post, who ship via DHL, wouldn't ship the camera with the battery, insisting batteries couldn't be shipped.

So I ended up using an intermediary who deal with loads of couriers. And it ended up shipping complete, via DHL, for about 60% the cost of what An Post wanted. They just provided a battery warning label I needed to affix to the outside of the parcel.

Advertisement