Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Algorithms don't create themselves, they are set up by people. Cancellation and censorship have always been the action of people in position of power to silence those with opposing views. So it's great that Joe Rogan gives victims of censorhip an opportunity to reach a major audience

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

He made her look like a complete tit aswell so fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Joe was a guest on Lex Fridman recently . It was his best podcast in quite a while! I do think that Joe is slightly feeling sorry for himself at the moment like he should get that as a celebrity the media can try to create a negative narrative around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭EdensTempleX

For an alternative view of history, listen to JRE podcasts with Graham Hancock. He's been on a bunch of times... Listen in chronological order starting with #142... fascinating stuff.

Also, might have been previously noted but Maajid Nawaz episode #1780 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭SimpleDimple

Did you listen to the episode where they had the skeptic guy on to debate GH? He crumpled when challenged, and I say that as someone who thought Hancock had all the answers when I heard him first

You mean Hancock crumbled? Did not listen to that one, What episode was this?

Ya Hancock did. Episode 961, worth a listen alright… I think that’s the episode anyway

Post edited by SimpleDimple on

The episode 1840 is really interesting! Like old school joe. Just a guy talking about a.i. and the early internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭barryribs

Paul Virzi has been touring with Bill Burr for far too long, its like an impression of him at this point. Since he's gone to Texas it seems to be a lot of stand ups doing to the show, I could do without hearing about how important comedy is and what an art form it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Patsy167

The recent episode with Tim Dillon was very funny. Well worth a listen. The 3 hours flew by.

Yeah the lous ck episode went deep into the techniques of stand up comedy and it was the worse for it. So boring.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I thought the Louis/ Joe List episode was mostly ruined by List's lame comedic interjections.

I watched the movie last night and really liked it and Joe List is very good in it.

Did Joe ask Louis CK about the scandal that got him black listed? Just think if he doesnt mention it at least slightly that i might not bother listening to it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Thanks may listen to some if it. I know Joe likes to have pleasant chat with alot of his guests so sometimes does bring up any controversies involving the guests.

The Mark Zuckerberg episode was a bit of a snooze fest.

Unfortunately Zuckerberg is not an interesting person. Never heard a good interview with him. Rogan probably trying to mix it up a bit woth the last few guests being mostly comics. That guest Alex Berenson was insufferable to listen to.

Another Covid related podcast with Aaron Rodgers. Watched some but it was just a bit repetitive.

• Advertisement

The Kamaru Usman episode was surprisingly enjoyable. Joe is at his best with comedians and kombat sport athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Munstersrebel

i dont listen regulary as i dont have spotify. But i did enjoy the one with Luke Thomas a long while back. Luke i listen all the time too :)

The Sam Morrill episode was the pick of the bunch this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I missed the fight companion episodes, long time since I seen one they are so silly but very enjoyable. A few belly laugh moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Not much traffic here. Don’t listen much myself. Listening to Tulsi Gabbard. An hour and a half in and I have no idea what her policies are in terms of education, the economy, law and order, infrastructure, abortion, emigration, regulation of big tech, China, any other issue really.

what I do know: she is anti woke and anti nuclear war.

I couldnt listen to her. I would agree that the West is walking a tightrope in fighting, even indirectly, against Russia but I found Joe is too enamored with Gabbard and didnt really get at what her preferred solution was in Ukraine- whether she thinks Ukraine should give up the east and Crimea.I think Gabbard has realised she can make more money as a Right Wing talking head so it was a great idea of hers to go on the podcast just before announcing her own podcast.

I can not remember really as I think I did not invest much time into her appearances. Maybe she is a bad speaker. But to play devils advocate what might also affect it is Joe is (often) very good at remembering what he spoke with guests about before. So he can (often) avoid going over the same ground a second time.

So if it seems like a guest is focusing on one topic and not discussing others - it may sometimes be due to the fact they covered that other ground before.

If memory serves Gabbard has talked with Rogan at least 5 times. Which I am guessing brings a sum total of anything from 10 to 15 hours of content. I suppose I would have to listen to the whole lot before I could work out if she has covered her policies well or not. I recall she appeared during her presidential candidacy with Jokko Willink sometime near the end of 2019. Perhaps she discussed her policies better in that one? Again my memory is failing me here. Might have to go back and re-listen myself.

Just relistened to the Jokko / Gabbard one at 1.5 speed. Can't say I am an expert on her policies after listening to it either really. If I had to summarize what I learned from it I would say:

1) She is big on bypassing corporate media, going straight to voters, to deal with the truth and making the democratic party more open and transparent. What that all actually means in practice was not clear however.

2) She was taking quite a lot of pride in how she finances her campaigns. Not taking donations from corporate media or businesses, but taking it directly from voter contributions.

3) She talked a lot about more unification and cross the aisle messages. Again not sure on the specifics of this in practice however.

4) Most of her message in that podcast was around her having a much more non interventionist foreign policy. Focus tax payer dollars internally rather than to the war machine.

5) Some vague mentions, again without real details to criminal Justice reform, ending marijuana prohibition, immigration reform, and a reevaluation of US policy in relation to Syria.

6) A lot of talk about breaking up monopolies, especially in social media.

7) Interestingly she said very strongly she intended not to leave the party and run as an independent. No matter how often she is asked, she says she gives the same strong answer. Three years later now it seems she has changed her position on that one as her recent Podcast is about her leaving the party. I wonder what has changed in the interim. I might listen to her podcast later to find out.

Fair dues for you to listening to the full podcast and summarising her positions. I just could not get into that episode. It is grand to say that she does not support interventionist foreign policy but even Ireland intervenes in its peacekeeping operations to protect civilians in Africa and the Lebanon, I would agree they should intervene less but the protection of ukraine and Taiwan I think is a noble endeavour.

Gabbard marred her reputation by going to the CPAC and propagating the Ukraine biolabs conspiracy theory but apart from that I dont know much about her.

• Advertisement

The latest podcast with Daily Wire's Matt Walsh was quite funny. Joe grilled him for quite a while to his opposition to gay marriage- tied matt in knots.

Advertisement