Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got Solar, old meter/units going backwards

Options
  • 16-06-2022 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭

Firstly: I suspect this is an often asked question but I checked the FAQ list and couldn't find anything, and the search function is potato.

Scenario: been billed based on actual reading of say 55000 units.

Just noticed it's at 54900 units and yes it's spinning backwards and numbers going down.

I remember the guy saying if this does happen then hold off on them installing smart meter as long as possible .

So 3 options I think.

1. Call in my reading and this might alert them straight away that I need upgrading.

2. Do nothing and see if next reading is marginally higher than previous actual, then ring it in.

3. Do nothing and let them give estimated/actual readings whenever and let it sort itself out.

Do you get credit if your reading is less than their previous ESB call out reading.

Best Answers

Answers

Advertisement