Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones Believers - How Do Ye Feel Now ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

”Show me somebody that’s perfect” 🤣😂🤣😂

He’s about $50m less perfect now anyway 🥲

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Absolutely, but there's no point in debating about that because debating with someone who'll try to explain to you what you should be thinking and why should think b=a and a=b is pointless. You'll be going around in circles with some waster who emulates one of their favorite debaters . I've seen atheists plagourise the Hitch who a lot of them still miss, then you've the religious people saying that Faith is proof that God exists and if you don't have faith you're dead even though you're still alive and you need to be born again. And this goes on and on and on. The reason I don't take side's is because it's not about taking side's it's just being your self rather than trying to be someone who you want someone to be. I've yet to see a debunker who uses his head rather than someone else's account of fact's. Science used to be questionable, but what they're dishing out of university nowadays is people dependent on peer reviewed journals. They won't question it. Most of the best scientist's have been on the fringe's rather on top. I discovered a way how to root roses quite easily and I wouldn't sell it to anyone, I don't propagate anything in the rosaceae family but it's a piece of piss.

You'd swear Sandy Hook was a mistake.

And nobody is perfect, but how is that relevant? The sick stunt he pulled - the trauma and harassment he caused for those families on top of what they already suffered... that's mere "imperfection"?

It blows my mind that anyone would downplay such evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Ah now in fairness which of us hasn't accused families bereaved by a terrible massacre of being 'crisis actors' from time to time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

I would like to think sandy hook is a massive mistake for everyone involved.

I said he got that badly wrong and was probably around the sandy hook time that I started to tune out from him.

But Get off that high horse, there's leaders and people all over the world and in this country that are making life miserable for other's everyday and nothing done about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Jones does the bidding of the worst and the richest people in the world.

He peddles simplistic lies to the gullible, whips up anger and hatred against the weakest in society and basically anybody who lives in a reality based world, and portrays himself as a fake outsider.

He seeks to make people stupid.

Because making people stupid is the wet dream of those who seek an anarcho-capitalist dystopia where corruption and criminality by the rich can run rampant. And you can't create an anarcho-capitalist dystopia without making people stupid.

And it makes him filthy rich.

A liar, a conman, a snake oil salesman, an evil bastard.

And the Trumps, the Kochs, the Murdochs, the right wing Brexiteers and the Russians are all singing off his hymn sheet. Pretty much the entirety of right wing politics worldwide, actually.

Iv learnt the same thing down the year's. There's no point trying.

You sound like you've watched some Allan Savoury videos about science lol

And I was told by a very smart man years ago that only an idiot doesn't ask questions and there's never such a thing as a stupid question.

These are the tactics always used to downplay the behaviour of an individual that someone doesn't want to admit is just a total wrong 'un.

A well orchestrated operation is not a mistake.

"Get off that high horse" - I'm not on a high horse for recognising how horrendous the behaviour towards those families was. Are you on a high horse whenever you recognise appalling wrongdoing?

And whataboutery. Yes, lots of people do terrible things - nobody has said they're OK with those either - but how does that mitigate what Jones did?

recognising how horrendous the behaviour towards those families was.

I've just been reading a bit about what happened to those families. I had thought maybe it was just a few idiots posting poson on their facebook pages or something but actually

They instigated campaigns of harassment against the family members of the victims, some of whom were forced to move multiple times as unhinged cranks tracked down their addresses and telephone numbers to circulate online.

Jones truly deserves to rot in hell for that alone.

It's really upsetting. I think, at best, there are some who downplay it because of seeing Jones as some sort of flawed truth teller... but just because the official line isn't always trustworthy, doesn't make alternative narratives automatically always trustworthy either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It wasn't a "mistake", it was deliberate. He wasn't "wrong", he was lying. Comparing him to something else worse is false equivalence (and whataboutery) and doesn't absolve or diminish what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's really upsetting.

It's also so insane...if it was a Black Mirror storyline you'd be bracketing it as among the less plausible ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Cognitive dissonance is at the root of all the cult followers with wild ideas and that includes religion. People I know that went all in on conspiracy theories were the ones who didn't give a siht in school and made it harder for the rest of us.

They left school with an empty head and have now only got a grasp on current events or history. They're brains always take the easy route because learning is difficult. They're in the situation in life that was inevitable, they have to pay their way and be responsible. That's painful and their untrained brains will grasp the nearest narrative that makes them feel better.

They rejoice in finding other deluded people which is human instinct, we need to belong. I've had a cousin go through the process and it's sad. There's no convincing the crack pot theories like the 5G a while back. I spent hours trying to educate him on basic science but old dogs and so sure of himself he wouldn't have any of it.

People crave certainty which is by nature impossible and that's where hucksters take advantage. I've another cousin that's addicted to psychics and fortune tellers. She lost her father too early and these creeps make a tax free living from it and get to swan around like a demi god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

The problem with debunkers here they copy and paste, never ask questions. Well they'll ask the conspiracy theorists why they won't believe the peer reviewed journals etc

Ask them a straight up question and they'll take you through 65 post's and you'll be scratching your head wondering where are we now. Then there's the one who will pretend they're nice people, talking to you as if they're working for the health board and you're a service user. Butch of clouns, reddit is way better it's less condescending and they don't call each other names etc unlike here.

What do you think of Alex Jones I think he's nuts to be honest. Sounds like he has a lot of problems. Well he has millions of them now FFS he should have kept his opinions about those shootings to himself. On a high like most gouls and thought he was untouchable. A bit like Faucci he's similar an absolute liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Any maybe the people who secretly control the world are also Lizard people from the centre of the Earth. You don't know that either. How would any of us know?

And shock, an Alex Jones defender is any anti-vaxxer.

So great, all of the claims I pointed out are all false and obviously so according to you. And the only thing he's right about is some vague, empty hand waving about rich people controlling the world.

If he's wrong about so much (including all the hateful, bigoted stuff), and the stuff he's "right about" is so vague and detached from what he actually says why should we listen to him at all?

David Icke claims pretty much the same vaguely "plausible" stuff. Only as far as I'm aware, Icke didn't go out of his way to harass the parents of dead children to help promote his business. Why not start following Icke?

Also, why does the idea that Jones is some times vaguely right (If you ignore 99% of what he claims) then mean that it's acceptable to you for him to do stuff like that?

You guys keep trying to downplay and deflect from and justify what he actually did. It's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

He is not nuts, he is a grifter who takes advantage of gullible people, a con man, if not for the internet he woukd be a second hand car salesman down at a pretty vacant lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Delighted for the scumbag, an utterly vile individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Maybe they lizard people, probably unlikely because it's a bit far fetched in fairness.

Not an anti vaxer at all but I do question them and there side effects. Is it beyond the realms off probability that they might cure one problem but create another?

I did follow Icke for a bit until these guys got deplatformed. Funny that anybody going against the narrative gets shut down these day's. Only adds fuel to the fire of what Jones and Icke are saying in fairness.

Of course harassment isn't acceptable, how would it. He's paying for this now. Not trying to defend him because what he did there was bang out of order.

Maybe alot of what he says is trash but that doesn't mean he's wrong about everything. A broken clock is right twice a day etc.

• Advertisement

Agree with alot of what ya said there except the reddit part. I think reddit is absolutely crap compared to boards.ie

So is the notion that Alex Jones proposes that they're all satanists who eat babies.

(Also, there's no "maybe" about lizard people dude. Lizard people aren't real.)

And yea, you are an anti-vaxxer. Your rant is entirely anti-vaxxer propaganda and talking points.

And now you're going to start defending Icke, the guy who claimed he was Jesus and believes that there's actual Lizard people? You understand how doing these things doesn't do good things for your credibility.

Ok. So you agree what Alex Jones did was unacceptable and he's being punished for it.

Why then are you trying to diminish what he did? Why engage in the whataboutery? Why pretend he's got an actual point about anything?

Bizarre behaviour altogether.

Yeah that's probably crap.

No I am not an anti vaxer, iv gotten vaccines before so how would that class me as an anti vaxer. I'm just questioning what I see and joining the dots. You don't question anything? Believe everything you read and see?

Where did I start defending Icke?

I'm not trying to diminish what he did, but all yee guy's here are absolutely lynching him yet would probably turn a blind eye or say nothing to other's doing bad **** also.

Ok. You don't believe you're an anti-vaxxer. That's nice. You told me that I could make what I wanted of your comments. You comments make it clear you are an anti-vaxxer even if you don't realise it or define it that way. You are now trying to accuse me of "not questioning anything" as a reflex. It's silly.

You started to defend Icke along with Jones here:

"I did follow Icke for a bit until these guys got deplatformed. Funny that anybody going against the narrative gets shut down these day's. Only adds fuel to the fire of what Jones and Icke are saying in fairness."

You said that you followed him until recently and only because he got deplatformed, not because what he claimed was idiotic.

And in what way are we "lynching" Jones? By pointing out what he did? And that what he did was wrong?

Are we not allowed to point out that he did these things because other people have done other different bad things?

You're still not really making a point here other than telling people to be nicer to a dude who made millions in part by harassing the parents of dead children.

You also repeat the notion that Alex can't be wrong about everything. But yea, he can be. Why couldn't he be?

When clocks are broken they aren't right twice a day because they work on those occasions. Those clocks are still broken and are only right dude to coincidence. The point of the phrase is to highlight how you can't trust things that are often wrong. The point of the phrase is not "you should trust this guy even though he's wrong 99.999% of the time. That 0.0001% of the time, he's dead right."

Yeah the lad that takes a vaccine is clearly an antivaxer. Wheel leave that there so. Fair play to you for coming to that conclusion.

But Why do you think more people seem to be sick than ever before so?

When I say follow I mean iv watched some of there stuff. Down through the year's. And yeah I do think they raise some good points.

I believe that he was right about certain thing's. Not everything. That's just my belief.

the problem with this entry level into conspiracy theory bullshit is that it starts by presuming that the universe has ever been run to suit joe soap. history is overwhelmingly against such a foolish idea and neither history nor common knowledge today is exactly subtle in this.

it always has this notion that there's a shady "now" situation where the rich and powerful are pulling some **** to stay rich and powerful but that there used to be a "was" where this didnt happen - or worse again that there will be a day when we dont have to fight against the same thing

the delusion comes in where they start seeking shortcuts against a complex reality or they start looking for an angle that they can see that few other people can.

the delusion isnt the point, the shortcut is. CT followers are almost always frustrated by a failure or two they havent gotten over.

the angle isnt the point, them being special little boys is the point.

its a failure of perspective. nothing more nothing less, and its a weakness masquerading as a questioning mind

Lol. Previously you said that you didn't want to talk about vaccine stuff. But now you're demanding that explain to you why people are getting sicker (according to you)? Classic anti-vaxxer stuff there.

There's a thread for that too.

Ok. So what things was Alex Jones right about specifically?

How could he be right when he's using the same information (ie. **** he's making up) to conclude stuff that you've just agreed is false like the notion about satanic baby eaters?

Why should we take anything he said or says seriously when he's wrong 99.99% of the time? Why should we listen to what he says when he's clearly doing it all for shitloads of money and doesn't actually care if he's right?

Yeah I didn't want too get into it because I no the road it leads down. I made a quick point is all.

You haven't answered my question why do you think we have more people sick than ever before even though we have the best doctors, best technology and information?

Have you ever watched his stuff or documentarys?

I believe it's very plausible that we're heading for a new world order, a world government, mainstream media telling lies. Total government control over our lives.

Evidence of the past few year's only strengths that belief.

This stuff isnt harmless and demonstrably needs countering in the age of the internet

most of the massacres you find intellectually stimulating as a subject for musings on the wisdom of the gut are perpetrated by some idiot frustrated conspiracy theorist of one type or another.

dont paint this toxic ego trip tendency as anything positive, even in ireland where it hasnt yet had the effect it has in the states (always leading the way in the edge cases of how the madness of an individual can most effectively negatively impact the lives of others) it has been a rotting input into online, public and political discourse for years now

• Advertisement

It was never plausible that Sandy Hook was a false flag. Whenever a shooting happened back then, he claimed it was a false flag. Now he has moved onto blaming it on shooters be on medications or them being trans. That's literally his approach to the Uvalde shooting. Annually multiple school shootings happen, it was not an outlier or unexpected.

Meanwhile Jones forced families to effectively go on the run from conspiracy theorists. Plenty of them had to move cause they were targeted. Suicides occurred with at least one parent and being targeted by the idiots Jones inspired likely did not help their mental state. He basically amplified grief and further ruined lives. He's a disgrace and posters are pretty clearly downplaying his behavior.

Advertisement