Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones Believers - How Do Ye Feel Now ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Since his banning has been mentioned along with the prefix "big", which of course always denotes evil, let us all familiarize ourselves with number 19 from infowars terms of service.

https://www.infowars.com/terms-of-service/

NYT lead the charge in supporting the invasion of Iraq. People too young to remember 2002/3 or who didn't pay attention don't realize how pro-war the media. It wasn't Fox news that sold the Iraq War: they did, but their viewers already supported it. It was liberal outlets i.e. NYT, New Yorker, Atlantic -- that did the job.

Who do you think caused more harm. Dick Cheney or Alex Jones?

And that proves Jones isn't a psychotic fraudster?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So cause other media outlets supported the war, it's acceptable and fine that Alex Jones can make up bullshit and ruin people's lives for profit?

I'm having trouble understanding what point you're making here.

• Advertisement

The only people he is a hero to are the short bus people (to borrow the quote from one of their lawyers) and scrotes, so yes.

Intimate texts with Roger Stone, the mind boggles. I wonder are there any dick picks, in their cases that would be selfies.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sandy-hook-parents-lawyer-says-154648528.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

I listened to Alex year's ago and stopped probably because he was going to far.

He certainly opened my mind to a different way of thinking and I think he did make some interesting documentaries.

He got sandy hook badly wrong but show me somebody that's perfect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

I know sweet FCK all about Alex Jones and I don't care either, the debunkers seem to get a hard on about him and David Icke FFS lol like other nutters, they love using people's misfortune caused by conspiracy theorists to get a dig at conspiracy theorists who obviously got it wrong.

But the liberal media are always banging on the war drums. They absolutely love war, bloodshed, anything to do with carnage you'll read it on a liberal rag tag site or paper somewhere.

What did he get right? Which parts were "too far" for you?

What about all of the rampant racism, sexism, homophobia and other bigotries present in all of his ramblings?

It's all well and good to pretend that Jones was just a harmless old crank spewing silly conspiracy theories. But to do that, you have to ignore or not know much about him and what he said.

• Advertisement

I think he's right that there's definitely a deep state. Presidents and Taoiseachs and prime minister's are only puppets.

I believe he's right that mainstream media stifles the truth.

What did he say that's racist or sexist or homophobia?

What went to far for me was I dunno he just kept getting deeper and had to because he was a YouTube star he had to keep putting out content to sell product's to people.

Ok. ANd you believe that this deep state is run by Satanists who work for the literal Christian devil? And that these deep state people eat children's organs? And these people control every politician in the world except for Putin, Trump et al.?

Is this the truth that the mainstream media is stifling? Or is it the idea that the vaccines are part of a global depopulation plot?

If you have to ask what he's said that was bigoted, then you're admitting that you've never actually looked into any of his claims or beliefs.

10 seconds on google gets you these:

“The reason there's so many gay people now is because it's a chemical warfare operation, and I have the government documents where they said they're going to encourage homosexuality with chemicals so that people don't have children,” Jones said in June 2010, without ever releasing any documents.

And it’s not only humans that are affected by this vast government conspiracy, according to Jones. Amphibians are apparently not immune.

“I don’t like them putting chemicals in the water that turn the friggin’ frogs gay,” Jones said during a 2015 rant about a chemical “gay bomb.”

In September 2017, Jones claimed “the majority of frogs in most areas of the United States are now gay” — presumably after years of being exposed to these secret government chemicals.

And you've not actually explained what was "too far." "Getting deeper" is very vague and frankly, kind of empty and meaningless.

Please use an example of a claim he made that you felt was too "deep" or too far.

Wasn't he selling off some health supplements too to poor misfortunes. A bit like that Irish guy, was his surname Quinn or something. Every time you'd go to a shopping center some box was there and you could buy all kinds of delights. Tanning tablet's, weight loss pills etc , i think he ripped a lot of people off with some retreats etc I can see how debunkers get all excited about these Charlton's. They would get hour's of tapping on their keyboard throwing their " got you there" check mate etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,101 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

What do you mean "was"?

As for this Alex Jones - I never even heard of the guy. Obviously a loser. Never met him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

4.1 million, not great, not terrible. Punitive damages to come, but I think there's some cap on that.

Two other cases, possibly they'll hit him for about the same amount. It's suspected he has over $200 mm, in shell companies, etc so sadly I don't think this will bankrupt him unless one of the other cases really hits him with a massive amount. Like others I suspect after this he'll scarper off to another country to avoid more lawsuits under the guise of "escaping the deep state".

The lawyer for the parents just finished his closing statements. In them he made the point that Jones can make 4.1 million back in a week. And if not, he could always just get another mysterious anonymous donation of millions in bitcoin.

Still really weird that no conspiracy theorists are at all curious about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,176 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Punitive damages can be up to 10 times the compensatory damages.

But he's stifling truth by muddying the waters with absolute nonsense. Eg there are well regarded open source news outlets such as Bellingcat, they are exacting in detail and often used by mainstream outlets for information. Eg Skripal poisonings or Malaysian flight that got shot down. Instead the conspiracy theorists lean towards the guy who is outright full of shite.

To use an example, during a recent school shooting. Alex Jones started engaging in live reports that claimed that the shooter was transgender. This originated on 4chan... So basically spreading shite and targeting individuals in the process. He's an atrocious piece of ****.

I don't no if they eat children or not. Maybe they do. How would any of us no?

I do believe that whoever controls the money controls the politician's though.

I won't be drawn in on the vaccine stuff that's a road to nowhere. But I will say this, we have the best and most advanced medication/doctors in human history and yet we seem to have more people sick from something than ever before. I t can only be a few thing's. The food and water we put in our body, the air we breath among a few other thing's etc. or else maybe some of this medication and vaccines were putting into our body isn't doing us much good in the long run. Make of of it what you will.

You pretty much mentioned some of the stuff that I considered to deep and a bit far fetched.

I didn't agree with alot of stuff he said but that doesn't mean some of the stuff he said is plausible.

Well what would you do if you were selling millions of $$ worth of crap to people. You'd probably keep thinking up new crap to sell more than likely.

He became to consumed by all of it and it snowballed into where he is now.

• Advertisement

Only problem is now that snowball has gained so much momentum and hurt a lot of people along the way. Fck him, and I say fck anyone who is lying to people for a quick buck. Himself and the pharma industry make money out of people's misery. Look at the pharma industry. You've the debunkers praising and defending the pharma industry, then cursing the likes of Alex Jones. I say they're all the same. Alex Jones, pharma are all at it. They're all corrupt.

You are aware that humans are living to an older age than ever before? So pretty clearly a mix of medicine, diet, fitness and hygiene are doing a pretty good job in long run. Lifespans have been consistently going up globally but equally means you're likely to eventually succumb to an illness previous generations did not cause they died far younger in life.

Anyway, back to defending the guy who is responsible for the families of murdered children being harassed? What story has he ever broken?

Agree with ya, it's always about the money at the end of the day.

People will gladly let others suffer no problem if it means they can make a few pound from

Does he get to play against Rebekah Vardy for third place now?

I don’t no lad i wasnt around the previous hundreds of years ago asking people what age they were.

Have you ever seen any of his documentarys? Because if you haven't maybe you should Just for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 end_101

Most companies make money from people's misery, workers have to make the product and work for a-holes, it's just the reality of life.

I get lambasted at being a bystander lol if you're not in you can't win as they say, but there's always a loser too.

Supposedly being on the fence is a problem, not so much with conspiracy theorists. But more so for the debunkers.

Everytime they throw their toys out of the buggy they mention flat earth, Alex Jones, David Icke etc a bit like a couple arguing.... Remember when you said that 20 years ago on a damp November night outside the GPO in Galway, or when you were talking to that Derry girl outside Kelly's in Portrush... and these are grown Men at this shoite

Im the biggest asshole where I work because I work by myself lol I'm there so long that I am left alone. One of the girls in the office nicknamed me Victor Meldrew....one foot in the grave lol I have to file reports on the upkeep of a country estate and a few old victorian vegetable and walled garden s, victorian glass house and a big arboretum. I don't mind being a bit of an asshole to be honest. We laugh about it in the office, the girls say oh no it's Victor we can hear his work boots stomping up the stairs... they know that I'm ok it's just I don't act the creep like Derek in account's or Pascal in store's. Creepy bastard's, they see me and it's oh it's you...I'm like hey you guys. We're all there since the 90's so we're not indoctrinated by wokeness around the work place. You wouldn't want to sensitive lol

Strange that some people believe we're born here on this planet to work 9-5 for governments to pay taxes and make more and more laws restricting our freedoms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,176 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The jury have awarded punitive damages of 45.2m against Jones. Hopefully the next two trials will have something similar and he will be left with only the clothes on his back. The man is a cancer on society.

Advertisement