Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarah2022fe1s

Hi, does anyone have an updated EU law grid by any chance? Can swap materials if needed. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fe-hun

Is there a thread for PPC in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 StrugglingLawStudent

Hi! Does anyone have up to date grids for criminal and EU? Have passing scripts for the other 6 exams if its any good to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I have an exam grid for EU (sat and passed in March) if you might have a script for constitutional?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 berryclover

I got a 2:2 in a BA joint honours in law and another subject in university and want to sit the fe-1 exams/become a solicitor. I've heard people quote that 2:1 is a necessity and just wondering if that's true and whether this will hinder anything else like training contracts in the future etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mouzey

Sent in my application. Was gonna do 5 but may as well do 4 and 4. I wonder do they use Turnitin or similar software now that the option to do them online is available?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 StrugglingLawStudent

it's all proctored, camera and mic on at all times through the BetterExaminations platform. actually v grand

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

Company Law

Has anyone got an up to date company law exam grid they wouldn't mind sharing please. Have passed nearly all the exams at this point so can share plenty of materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SFarrepl

Selling 2021-2022 Manuals for Equity, Criminal & EU as well as other materials like exam papers, reports, grids, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emily987

n/a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

Selling really great notes I made myself in all 8 subjects, break down all the topics nicely making them much more digestible.

Also have manual PDFs and my exam scripts so you can see what's required to pass

Message me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stressystressy

Does anyone know the best place to get up to date sample answers? Preferably for Tort

FE-1 Stop shop on insta seems to be well recommended. You just need to show proof that you've made a €5 donation to a charity to get access to the file.

Yeah, I know they use the proctor system but I wonder if they put the exam scripts through turnitin to detect plagerism? I'd imagine they do, or use a similar software.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 legaleagle101

Hi, new to the FE1 process here! Does anybody know if it is possible to defer FE1 exams once registered and if so, will this be marked outright as a fail? Or only your actual first attempt will be considered? TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lawstudent123

Selling notes for all 8 exams. Passed all exams on first attempt within 2 sittings.

Results in each subject:

Equity & Trusts = 59%

Tort =58%

Criminal = 59 %

Company = 54%

Constitutional =52%

Property = 54%

EU = 58%

Contract = 56%

My notes are very targeted for the exam. I cut a lot and they are the minimum you need to pass.

Offering a discount for bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SFarrepl

anyone selling a copy of the Companies Act?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 118abcdefg

What topics are people thinking of doing? I'm doing Company, EU, Property and Equity. This is what I'm going off?

Equity: three certainties, charitable trusts, trusteeship, mareva, mandatory interlocutory injunctions, undue influence, satisfaction, specific performance, and rectification.

Company: corporate personality, director's duties, restriction, share transfer, corporate borrowing, receivership/liquidation, shareholder protection and remedies.

Property: succession, family home protection, adverse possession, co-ownership, finding, easements registered and unregistered land.

EU: general principles, direct effect and member state liability, judicial review, free movement of goods and capital, free movement of persons and citizenship competition law and mergers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mulroche

Looking for an up to date grid for company and constitutional, would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FE1_Hun

Does anyone have a copy of the Companies Act for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 fe1time

Do you need an official copy of the companies' act if you're doing the exams online? I was thinking of just printing it off of Irish Statute Book?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

Anyone have any tips on what to focus on for EU??

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

Has anyone received or heard back from law society about refunds from March sitting yet? It’s been 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

Has anyone sent their failed exam scripts to the city colleges lecturers for them to comment on/give feedback on?

Still really unsure how I failed property (49%) and I didn’t go up on rechecks, and after reading the examiner report I can’t see how I didn’t make it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Really easy to condense down:-

EU INSTITUTIONS

SOURCE OF LAW/ FR RIGHTS

DIRECT/INDIRECT EFFECT

MEMBER STATE LIABILITY

FREE MOVEMENT OF GOODS

FREE MOVEMENT OF WORKERS

EU CITIZENSHIP

JUDICIAL REVIEW 

In the exam i answered a Q on Institutions, FR, Judicial review, FMOG and Direct/Indirect Effect/ MS liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2020lawfe1

Bit niche so appreciate any help – for Contract, does anyone know if the Consumer Insurance Contracts Act 2019 had been/likely to be examined? Covering misrepresentation atm from a 2021 manual and don't know if anything has changed re standard of disclosure, basis of contract etc. Should I just skip this section altogether if the Act has abolished some of these issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

Heyo, I would recommend looking up some of the key changes that were brought in by the act. It codified a lot of the previous decisions re: standard of disclosure (i.e. Kelleher decision etc) and abolished the basis of contract clause. A compare and contrast question (i.e. pre-act and post-commencement) hasn't been asked so far but there is always a possibility of it being asked, it's relatively straightforward and would be a lovely question to answer if it did come up. Some of the more recent manuals cover it so, if you want, I can send you some photos of the relevant pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Judy146789

Does anyone have any experience with late applications for FE1s? Does the Law Society accept them usually ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Study.Life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

I submitted a late application last year. Definitely worth a try. Applications seem to close a bit early this year

Advertisement