Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Developments in Malahide

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

Any chance you could you clarify this a bit? The developments around Kinsealy lane are in the catchment area for the Malahide Portmarnock Educate Together primary school, and the admissions policy for the community school prioritises pupils in the catchment area previously posted, who attended one of a number of feeder schools which includes MPES - there doesn't seem to be any extra weighting given to the other primary schools within Malahide.

I'm looking into houses in this area but am not too familiar with the specific schools so I might not be fully understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

That runway will be mostly takeoffs to the west. I wouldn't expect to see an awful lot of activity going east and certainly not for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AnnaED

I am not familiar with the MPETSS admissions policy (presumably it’s on their website) but MPET National School is not a feeder school for Malahide Community School.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭tscul32

Yes it is. Have a look at the admissions policy on their website.

The only issue would be that siblings in "catchment AND feeder" get priority so that would be a considerable chunk of the spaces gone. The rest are shared amongst the first in the family "catchment and feeder". So probably a lottery system. Hence no guarantee of a place as they are heavily oversubscribed every year.

The MPETSS has siblings first, then catchment - no feeder schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

Has anyone bought in Brookfield or living in that area, and if so how are you finding it?

Strongly considering one of the houses in the latest phase at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 midispud

Any insights into what developments are on the horizon for 2023?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 derry1993

I see those 3 Beds at Seamount Rise are up at 998k, big big money for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 reactadabtc

Nice area, but those prices are eye watering. I certainly didn't expect them to cost 1M.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 derry1993

Certainly a nice area. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, €1m for a 3 bed bungalow with that interest rate move on top. I've noticed a few sitting in Malahide for a while now with prices that are likely over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Good few houses seem to be for sale in Malahide at the moment, more houses than buyers I would guess.

Living the life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pat1981

Any thoughts, prices for seamount rise apartments, prices from 430k for 1 beds and 570k for 2 beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Scandalous tbh. I love Malahide, but I wouldn't pay that if I had it in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Malahide seems awash with properties for sale

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rowantree18

The problem with Malahide and places like it is that the better, more established areas are as expensive as new builds but require potentially from 150k to sky's the limit to get them up to scratch. While the newbuilds have social housing and a lot of people are turned off by that. Plus housing agencies like Cluaid can buy additional houses.

A 4 bed semi in for example Biscayne will be at least 800k and will need 200k pumped in even if it was "renovated" in the 90s or early 2000s. They're absolutely freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rowantree18

"How is there no regulation which prevents developers from robbing home buyers? 780k for a 4 bedroom semi is extortionate."

Just reading some of the older comments - 780k for a brand new A rated home in Malahide would be a bargain now, 3 years on. (The comment above was about Seamount).

I sold a 4 bed semi on the coast road which was in need of absolutely total renovation from rewiring and replumbing to basically being gutted. Got 700k. It'd sell now for 900k. Basic 1971 box. I bought a new A rated in another lovely coastal village on the other side of the river for 650k. It'd go for 800k plus now. I guess Malahide trumps for airport etc. But it's all just mad. Swap one lego block for another.

The real victims are those starting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sgahan28

Hi, wondering if anyone knows if this development will go ahead broomfield shd ( broomfieldshd.ie ). In behind ashwood hall/ Brookfield. I can’t post the link.

i see a decision on the plans submitted is still pending but the due date has passed over a year now.

Advertisement