Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Took me a minute to figure out what he was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Apologies if this is Freemen Crackpots For Beginners stuff, but Mr. Suit and Sandals had a flag of the four provinces, is that a new fruitloop battleflag or have they been using it for a while?

For the last year or so I've been wondering where the hell all the four province flags on telegraph poles and lamp posts have been coming from, can I take it now I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,908 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Either that or rugby fans 😉

Life ain't always empty.

Beades in the news again. The last sentence in the quote is no surprise.

The Court of Appeal (CoA) has overturned a decision that some 20 people who have lived for several years in two Dublin properties were in contempt of court due to their ongoing refusal to leave the buildings.

The High Court ruled last year that the occupants, who had claimed to have been living at 31 Richmond Avenue, Fairview, and 21 Little Mary Street, Dublin 2, for 15 years had breached orders requiring them to vacate the properties.

The residents said they had failed to comply with orders requiring them to vacate because they had nowhere else to go.

The orders were sought by financial fund Pepper Finance which acquired loans taken out of the properties, whose registered owner is businessman Jerry Beades, which had fallen in arrears.

While some occupants claimed to have paid rent over years to Mr Beades, there was no evidence, since the possession orders were made, that Mr Beades has made payments to anyone else, including Pepper, the Court heard.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I read recently that Ben has suffered, in his words, a second street related heart attack, and that he had two stents put in. Doubtlessly, the urgent medical procedure was done by a lay surgeon....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I see there's another foray into vanity publising by Tom D'arcy. He took out an ad in the Wall Street Journal promising millions to anyone who'd lost money on Irish bank shares...but only if you buy his new book.

I read the first chapter of that book somewhere. I'd highly recommend it. It's just himself on a personal whine that he wasn't able to build his f off house in Howth and that planners wanted him to follow plans and keep to the character of the area. Then the recession happened and he went broke because he over borrowed. Which wasn't one bit his fault. Then he was awarded a masters degree for feeling hard done by.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'm sure that he insisted that all of the medical staff treating him were unvaccinated and had shelled out for his €5 certificates (plus postage and packing) declaring them "Unvaccinated Legends".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Friends of the thread at it again.

Not necessarily a freeman argument this time - but seems that injunctions are another thing the Burkes don’t agree with

Post edited by blackwhite on

There's arguably an interesting discussion and debate to be had there. But the family are so terrible at getting there point across - they go straight to causing a scene in the wrong venue and alienating everyone.

For such an academic family they're awful thick

• Advertisement

Whatever about the pronouns stuff, you call a child whatever the parents tell you their child’s name is.

The Burke’s go out of their way to seek conflict - this is just the latest example

There's no debate to be had here tbh. It's nothing more than common courtesy to address people in the way they wish to be addressed. You'd be annoyed if a work colleague insisted on calling you by a nickname you don't like, but that's in the ha'penny place compared to this.

A teacher insisting on their 'right' to intentionally inflict distress on a vulnerable pupil is despicable.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Health Food shop closing in Wexford. The owner is anti-vax, and sympathetic to GoD and JW. Quite a few alt-health people seems sympathetic to them.

"He did not get vaccinated. “I would have known about the controversy to do with vaccines since1974 from a Boston-based political holistic magazine called the East West Journal."

Was he ever afraid of contracting Covid? “If you don’t believe it you don’t feel the fear. I don’t believe in Covid. Like that top HSE guy in the Midlands said on Primetime about two years ago before he left, I believe it’s a flu and it should be treated like that.

"I’ve always been into truth in life. The most important thing when you make a choice is that you make it with truth. A lot of people came in during Covid and many of them had taken the vaccine but regretted it due to the side effects.”"

"He also wants to spread the word about The Irish Light Newspaper (launched by Gemma O’ Doherty and John Waters), published in conjunction with The Light paper in the UK, which has a strong anti-vaccine message, as he wants to “get out a different point of view of what’s going on in society, to let people make their own decisions.”"

Whatever about the other loo-lah stuff, why on earth are they allowing him to use their "newspaper" to shill those two awful racist bigots?

Life ain't always empty.

In his action Mr Boon alleges that last year he advanced monies to entities linked to Mr Birles, whom it is alleged had represented himself to be an “Irish Lord from an ancient family” and an expert lawyer in maritime law.

Hmmm....

Life ain't always empty.

Another great legal triumph for Ben of the clan Gilroy. Or at least that’s how he’ll try and spin it to his loyal followers at least 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

to be fair he is just totally irrelevant at this stage.

He is left scraping the barrel to keep an semblance of a following - stuff like reselling pins from wish.com and signed looney certs

Ben is in the HC today suing a small Dublin newspaper and David Hall for defamation over the eviction that happened about a year and a half ago.

he is on about being worried that the case will be thrown out on a technicality and how this would be so wrong.

considering he has spent over a decade looking for the same type of technicalities for excuses not to pay his mortgage it all seems a little like the boy who cried wolf !!

You'd Wunder how he's allowed to bring cases with little prospect of success before the courts... representing himself I presume? Two chances of the other side recovering their costs if they "win"... so it's lose-lose for them. Justice how are ya.

Life ain't always empty.

I am struggling to remember what the Dublin Inquirer had said that Gilory feels he was defamed. It seems they reported that he arrived at the scene after being asked by his landlord friend to come down. He hasn't denied that version of events - but he was claiming on his facebook last night that the dublin enquirer said that he was evicting people illegally.

I've no idea what David Hall said mind you

• Advertisement

The report from DI about the incident mentioned Ben and some quotes from him that were entered after it initially went online. I can only but presume that Benroy feels wrong done for not being asked.

https://www.dublininquirer.com/2020/08/26/in-glasnevin-a-landlord-attempts-to-illegally-evict-two-residents

Also, some more information below.

https://www.facebook.com/437942943080295/posts/interestingcouncil-of-europe-platform-to-promote-the-protection-of-journalism-an/1484169438457635/

As regards David Hall, perhaps this is what he said to upset Ben?

@Losty Dublin that is the article now - but for some reason I think this article was changed to this version and there was another mention of Gilroy originally. I'm struggling to remember but I think it may have mentioned that he assisted or helped his friend with the eviction and that is what the fuss is about. I could be wrong.

David Hall has made a few comments over the years about Gilroy and I think he is part of this case with something he may have said after the DI article

Poor old Stephen Manning was in court today to appeal over something or other from six years ago. However he was once again hoodwinked by the Freemasonic type DPP agents who are pulling out all stunts to lie about him.

In other words, they adjourned the appeal for six months. Presumably they need that much time to read some of his filed court papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Keeping a straight face while he talks about how he's been wrong done? Lord knows, I find it hard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

He’s reputed to have got it from the moonies

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Couple of recent cases now up on courts.ie including the long running saga of 21 Little Mary Street and one featuring Tom ‘Constance’ D’Arcy

Vintage Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Latest on the long running Decobake saga now up on courts.ie ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Advertisement