Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

If 4.3% then you are correct. Looking at the picture above it looks like it says 4.7% on the side of the pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I thought that too when I looked at the photo but the cans they are selling are definitely 4.3%.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

Lots of good deals in O'Briens - saw it in shop in Rathmines on Saturday - decent range with a decent discount

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭donaghs

I don’t know how long deal has been going for or when it’s going to end, was in a Molloy’s Liquor store today and they had Sierra Nevada 4 packs for €5.50 and 12 packs for €15. There was only a few Hazy IPA and California IPA packs left. Staff said it had been going and selling well for over a week(?), but not sure when it was ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

It’s short dated stock that the distributor is clearing out. Great value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

6 Belgian beers for €10 in Lidl

A selection of different brands. Careful, this stuff is deceptively strong as I found out about 5 years ago on my maiden discovery voyage on Belgian beer. Drank the 6 in an evening without paying any attention to alcohol content. I still remember the hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

Jameson Coopers Croze €42 in Tesco now, thinks it was €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Any sightings of this deal around dublin? The deal seems to be gone from their website so thinking I missed the boat on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Yesterday I got Green Spot whiskey reduced from €60 to €36 - this was in Tesco Oranmore (none left unless they restocked today)

checked the limerick stores today, but all at €60, so this may not be nationwide (yet?)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,275 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

That's the kind of discount you see in Tesco on a discontinued line. Hard to say if it's just dropped in that store or all Tescos. Online it still shows at €60.

I see this Teeling miniature set as reduced to clear online

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

In Lidl today I found some St-Feuillien Blonde beer (7.5%) at €8.99 for 4x33cl. I’m halfway through one and I think it’s better than Leffe.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Reminds me, LIDL were also selling Leute Bockbier (which rates pretty well) for €3.99 for 4 bottles, which at 7.5% must be on the wrong side of legal, but right side of bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,081 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Shhhhhh!!! 😁

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Real Psycrow

Lidl also selling Gulden Draak triple at the moment, 4 pack for €10.99. You'll pay at least €4 a bottle for this in an off license.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Eagle rare 10 back at 40 euro in O'Briens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

25% off champagne in Dunnes.

Jameson Coopers Crozer - reduced to clear from €70 to €28 in tesco

saw a label in Roxboro Limerick for it, but none on shelf and none in the other limerick stores either. Might be store specific, but may be available in other stores around the country.

the other versions, Blenders Dog and Distillers safe, are still marked and scanning at €70, but in a couple of the stores weren't on the shelf now - it could be that this range is not going to be sold anymore so these may also go on clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭flended12

I'll revive this thread as i recently put an order in with https://craftcentral.ie/collections/wheeler-dealer and in particualr their wheeler dealer section. Delighted with the purchases, especially the price on some.

Great service too from staff there as my online purchase effort wasnt working but a quick email and a phone call received.....beer on the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Extremely limited audience, but who knows, may suit someone on here.

Joyce's knocknacarra (Galway) have about 50 percent off spirits as they are emptying the stock for tesco switchover. Be aware what is left is very, very limited, but if you want Irish craft gins for 25ish euro etc, maybe you'll want something they have.

I confess to purchasing the last of their Eagle Rare 10 at 29 euro, so I left very happy. No other bourbon or "mid to top shelf" stuff. For whiskey that was left, a few, not many. Johnnie walker white 25 euro (loads on shelf, I didn't bother with it after reading reviews). Sailors journey was 25, so grabbed that to try it. Loads of tipperary NAS at 30 euro which isn't different to Aldi reduction way back, didn't bother with it.

They had copperhead gin for 23 or 24 euro (500ml of course), so picked that up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 peckypiper

See there giving away a Free pint of Heineken silver In select pubs https://www.freepint.heineken.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

powers three swallows - €30

jameson black barrel - €40

both in tesco

Powers Johns Lane - €54 in Dunnes (74 in Tesco/75 in supervalu)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Same as that. Probably wouldn't drink the stuff anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I had a can of that in Portugal during the summer and it was awful. I don't really mind regular Heineken on a hot day either but the Silver was really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭head82

I'm not seeing it listed on their website so no idea how long this offer is on for but I picked up a bottle of Jameson Crested in my local Tescos for €22.50 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Dunnes have reduced a variety of ales/IPAs to e2 each including:

Blacks KPA & Tropical IPA, 8 degress howling gale & Seisiún, Galway Hooker, Brú, Wicklow Wolf elevation.

Craft Beers (dunnesstoresgrocery.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Any idea if available in store too?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Yes, I picked up some yesterday. Decent stocks of most in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,081 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No sign of that in my local Dunnes last Saturday 🤔

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It's running from October 26th to January 3rd.

Advertisement