Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

Yowza, only got the email about quarter past 12 and ordered one. Good thing I bought it before posting here, or I'd have got none myself. Weird they sold out so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Not a whiskey that impressed me at whiskey live last year

Tried about 4 or 5 expressions from Waterford and all disappointed

All very young whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I've tried a few, some were disappointing especially in light of the price. I'm a fan of the Ratheadon though, it also seems to get more buzz than some other expressions.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've long thought Waterford distillery were complete bullshit artists

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

I picked up 4 bottles for less than €45 each in an auction a few weeks ago.

That INCLUDES all auction fees and delivery charges.

Was willing to try them at that price point. But just goes to show how low the demand for them is. A novel idea on how to make whiskey, but one that hasn't endeared itself to the masses twould seem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

The O'Haras Hop adventure series (500ml btl) are now e1.80 each in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Cardhu 12 yr old single malt reduced to 27 euro in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Seems to be now gone up to €42 club card price

Maybe it is store dependent, when I look at the Tesco site I see two different yellow sticker prices. Never seen that before.

Reduced to clear in some stores down to €27, otherwise €42.

• Advertisement

I seen it on the app as "reduced to clear" and they had two bottles in my local tesco. It then disappeared off the app.

I'd say it's much like the recent Black Barrell Proof version that was reduced in Dunnes with stock store dependant.

An interesting deal from Drinks Hero for €74.95

Gift set from Glenfarclas distillery.

* 70cl bottle of Glenfarclas 15 Year old

* Miniature Glenfarclas 25 year old

* Miniature Glenfarclas 105 Cask Strength

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Yeah Right

https://foodonfire.ie/collections/alcoholic-beverages/products/barbacoa-rum

"Great Norther Larder" are a BBQ spice and dry rub kind of company, used to have their own site but looks like they're selling via the "food on Fire" website now. They've a deal on where if you spend €100 you get 50% off, including their spirits section (can't post proper links as it's a new account).

The rum is lovely, haven't tried the gin yet. Like a lightly spiced, dark rum, kind of a mix between Lamb's navy and Lamb's spiced if you know either/both of those. Well worth €18 per bottle incl discount. Three bottles for €55 ain't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The website doesn't say anything about it being spiced!

Are you saying that it's "spicy" or that it's actually spiced. I'd be pretty annoyed if I bought a bottle of what I thought was rum, only to find out that it's actually a spiced, rum flavoured spirit drink. I'd be making a complaint about it.

Edit: I checked with them. It's not spiced.

Post edited by the beer revolu on

O'Hara's White Haze IPA is down from €3.20 to €2.00 in Dunnes. 500mL, 5.0% ABV

Life ain't always empty.

ALDI will have Puca Irish Whiskey in stores Sunday 11th June priced €25.

https://leaflets.aldi.ie/view/791151019/22/#zoom=true

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Putting it here purely because everywhere else increased the price.. O’Briens in Galway have Lagavulin 16 on the shelf at 84. Not the first time in the last few months that I have been able to pick one up there at that price either.

Slane whiskey €26 in Dunnes. Normal price €35, not worth that really but at €26 it's decent value for a whiskey a cut above the IDL value brands.

Jameson Caskmates IPA and Stout editions are finally selling at €25 in Dunnes, which is what their non-offer selling price should be really.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

€25 is really very cheap for any Irish whiskey, considering the production process, ingredients and duty/vat. Really, I don't see how it could be cheaper and profitable.

It always amazes me that cheap whiskey isn't really much more expensive than cheap vodka or gin! They are worlds apart in the cost and process of production!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Regular Jameson @ MUP from Thursday in Lidl.

You should see what Irish whiskey sells for in the Canaries and nobody is losing money there! Of course that shows the effect of duty and VAT. But pre-MUP we still had cheaper Irish whiskey brands like Dunphys and the Lidl / Aldi ones.

IDL's distillery is huge, the economies of scale are enormous. If anyone is not making much money at the above prices it's Slane.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

Or really simply stated, Jameson at 22.09 in Lidl from Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭thesandeman

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Redbreast 12 is 55 euro in Tesco (club card deal) until Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Lidl has Waterloo Triple Blond beer (8%) at the moment, 4 x 33cl for €8.49. I like the Belgian Blonds.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Any regular beer deals? Having a christening this weekend and will need a few 20 packs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Last of the Zipfer left in beer god for anyone with a blade, tastes good even though at the best before, polished a keg of it the other night just got some more. €35, 8 Liters.

https://thebeergod.net/products/zipfer-urtyp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Dunnes Childers Road Limerick - Jameson Single Pot still reduced from 60 to 50, label only they were all gone. hopefully back again but might be available in other stores

last Friday, i saw a label in dunnes portlaoise for a more expensive Red Breast but can't rem the label name - reduced from 110 to 95. again, none left on shelf unfortunately

• Advertisement

Just got a 200ml bottle of Stout Caskmates in Dunnes for 6 euro. No idea if local or nationwide.

Advertisement