Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tour de France Stage 6 - Binche to Longwy (219.9km)

Options
  • 07-07-2022 11:43am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭

One for the punchers today. Also the longest stage of the Tour. Normally you would say MvdP has to be a big favourite but while he may improve for now he doesn't look good. As I type Taco is off again. Anyway expect action but if it is all back together by the end then there is a long list of possible winners - Pidcock, Van Aert, MvdP, Schachmann, Honore, Mohoric, Teuns, Madouas, Bardet and many more. I'll go with Pidcock. Another rider that falls into the "I like him but not his team" bracket. Should be fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

WVA on the attack 200km out 😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

This could be madcap stuff. I also forgot the likes of Hirshi but again like MvdP hard to know his form. So many decent hilly guys in this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

We're in bonkers territory today, yellow jersey in a break in week 1 of the tour 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Just thinking about it... Netflix getting good value for money so far. A lot of drama and excitement and Interesting strategic decisions for the teams the last couple of days.... Can't see it keeping up though. Imagine it will settle down once they hit the mountains

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Not sure what the point is for Van Aert being in the break. It basically guarantees they won't win. Is this some kind of masterplan by Jumbo? Late attack by Roglic to join up with him, Vingegaard to mark Pog? Who knows.

I just think he's in such supreme form, JV let him off the leash to make it more unpredictable. If he's still ahead but only by less than a minute in the last 10-15k, then maybe play the Rog card and see. Otherwise, go for another stage win.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Agreed I think he's just obviously in fantastic form and has been given free reign in the first week to go for results (with the exception of the Roubaix stage). Will probably be called back to team duties further into the race. Not sure if he's even conscious of the yellow jersey on his back and trying to keep it, just going all in for stage wins.

On an aside note didn't even notice Quinn Simmons was in the race until today, really hope he doesn't win the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Wout will probably get chewed up and spat out in the mountains, he’s not an awful climber but he won’t match a monster like Pog.

They’ll let him cut loose and go for stage wins and then break him in the mountains for Jonas

• Advertisement

Agreed he's good in the mountains on his day in the break but getting attacked relentlessly by pog everyday in the mountains, I think he would crack fairly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Surprised at Wout in break - thought he would spend the day in peloton and attack on final climb to finish

The face on Simmons when he got dropped there - "Fcuking hell...."

Kelly sounds like he's a big Wout fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

If it was Guillaume Martin who was trying something like this, Kelly would be giving out stink 😂

Its Wout vs Ganna now by the looks of it

Is Wout holding something back for the last 20km do we think? Does he still have an extra gear to kick into?

Pog can be in yellow this evening if he wants to be, now that WvA is dropped.

Vingegaard is not a good man to be riding behind. That was a a very sudden brake by him causing Vlasov to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Morris Garren

Quintana to roll back the years here? Crouching tiger, sleeping Indian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Pog, the Boy King, serene whenever chaos erupts around him. He's got an definite air of untouchability about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Could you imagine what Pog would be capable of if he actually had domestiques, or more so domestiques who can put in a shift.

Imagine Pog with Laporte in front of him stretching the life out of the field and then Pog going off

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Sigma101

a one-man race now

The others had nothing.

The daylight Pog opened up immediately once he opened his sprint... emphatic.... All over now bar accident or injury you would think.

Pidcock lol.

"He's got balls innit?.. I dunno what to say.. He's taking the piss innit?" 🤣

Powless 4s back in 2nd, he would be in Yellow if his teammate didn't pull for Pog yesterday.

• Advertisement

I think I heard WvA say to that coach/DS from UAE that he "wanted to honour the jersey" today

Advertisement