Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

They drew in the league although Roscommon had a better league overall its probably a game I'd stay away from tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sharkey 25

I remember that , having looked at the scoring it looks like Ros were 3 points up also. I cant recall but I wonder did that game fall on a weekend where there was very poor weather across the country, 9 points each would suggest so. I think that Ros are a step above and have some experience in Croke park which might assist which some decent scorers when on form.

I hate backing Mayo but they are -2 also which I think might be a couple of points too low also. Hard to put to much faith in them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Unknownability

I was at the league match and can confirm it was that weekend, absolutely horrible conditions.

I wouldn't read anything into that match, iirc both teams when playing into the gale actually scored higher than when playing with the breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

I think the over under points could be very interesting in the Mayo Kildare game I was at the league match in Carrick and it was an extremely high scoring game 2-20 to 0-18 and if conditions are more agreeable than today I'd expect another high scoring game.

One that really hops out at me is the Offaly Westmeath game Westmeath at 4/6 is way overpriced and Westmeath -1 at 10/11 I feel is close to a gift. Offaly are a poor outfit they've had an incredibly handy run to the SF's beaten Wexford Wicklow and New York the easiest possible run any team could get. IMO if Westmeath are right they could win this pulling up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Going Roscommon -4 @1/1 and Kildare over 16.5 points @10/11

2.8/1 for the Double.

Donegal v Armagh 4.00pm

Armagh win 11/10

HT/FT have done Armagh @ 9/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I've had a little nibble on Armagh each way for the all Ireland at 9/1. Can't see Galway or Derry/Clare being good enough for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

I would actually say that Derry enhanced at 10/1 with Bet365 are a brilliant value play. They will most likely beat Clare and would probably only be a slight underdog in a semi-final vs Armagh or Galway. 5/1 for them to reach the final is massive really.

As an aside, High Street Bookmakers are absolutely riding the each-way markets now. I see Boyles quoting 1/4 the odds on the All Ireland Winner outrights, PP don't have EW terms, nor do Ladbrokes. This should be a 2 place each-way market. with 1/3 or 1/2 odds.

No each way on the Player of the Year markets with PP either, and Boyles are 1/5. This should be a 3 place each-way market, maybe 1/4 odds.

Very disappointing stuff. Gouging I'd almost say.

Yeah, I considered Derry but I wouldn't be confident of them even beating Clare tbh. I think they've done well up to now with their game plan but they'll get found out sooner rather than later.

I fancied Armagh to win Ulster at the start of the year and even though that didn't happen, I think they're the best on that side of the draw now. They've had a few games to sort themselves out and have lads coming back from injury so I'd expect them to be in the final.

But, if I'm wrong so be it and if I can't win a few pound, I hope you do.

Agree with the rest of your post also, it's just gouging by bookies now. I've only gambled with Bet365 for a while now and they're usually the best or one of the best for anything I've had a bet on.

• Advertisement

I've just seen this tweet and Westmeath are still -1 with bet365 which seems like a bit of a gift if Offaly are as decimated as the tweet makes out

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Has Jennings ever had a winning year?

When I see him tip something I strongly consider backing the opposite. He has an atrocious knowledge of the sport.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Galway ht Cork ft at 4/1 for added interest in the first game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cavan and Westmeath double at 6/4 pp max 11.80

Cavan ht/ft, Westmeath ht/ft, Cork Ladies treble at 5/1

A gift indeed and never in doubt from the start. Westmeath were excellent throughout in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Forrachmore

Well done on calling up westmeath, it jogged my memory that westmeath outscored kildare In the second half of their match so the notes were down at -1 and -4 in the handicap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I wouldn't have had the treble regardless but how did I not double Cavan up with the Westmeath -1. But I'll not be greedy and take the win.

That was a nice days punting for yourself and a great shout on the treble, well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Westmeath @ 7/4 looks decent, I'd have that one as a 50/50 tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Yeah ended up a real gift to be fair. This weeks one that stands out is Clare +6 at EVS I think there's great value in that. I'll also have a small one on the draw in Galway vs Armagh at 7/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,799 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Weekend football acca: Clare no goals/over 39.5 points in Mayo game/Con O'C AGS

Dublin to score a goal in each half at 6/4 Boyles - boosted

Over 3.5 match goals at 3/1 Boyles - boosted

Sherlock over 2.5 points in each half at 11/5 pp

Cork to score a Goal at 10/11 ( grerat price I think) over 1.5 at 5/1 Boyles

Speculative punt on Cork ht Dublin ft at 9/1 pp

7 goals in the first game, none in the second, sherlock poor in the second half, very poor bets overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hatch1989

Bad weekend for the bets!!

Not a bad weekend first one was a stinker but the second one did very nicely though I was steeped to get it to be fair I owe the Galway keeper a pint or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭jacool

He must have had a few pound on the draw himself.. For this weekend I like Limerick -6 at EVS I think Galway are a poor outfit who are lucky to have gotten this far and EVS is a great price on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Good shout (I think). I was at the Cork/Galway game, they were very lucky to beat a very average Cork side by the minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

You can only play what is in front of you - if Galway were a poor outfit then Cork would have beaten us. Cork were faster than us and that was about it. Take the + handicap (whatever it is set at just before the game) Galway game if you want to make bank this weekend. A fully fit Concannon and Whelan on the inside will be too much for the Limerick boys.

I'll go with ur advice Danick 😊 not a clue meself 🤣

Galway 1/2pt win 9/2

Galway (+6) evs 1pt win

gl

Limerick to score a goal in each half, 11/8

Galway 12 or more points in each half at 11/8

Each team to score a goal in each half, 5/1

and both teams to score a penalty, 40/1

Limk four points to the good at HT,,,,

nt the best position to be in, but not the worst neither 😁

at least I'm in with a decent squeak :)

• Advertisement

yep :(

pity Galway weren't accurate today - could've won by 4 if they were 🙂

Great shout on the +h'cap Danick!! 😊 WD - hope ya made mucho coin 🙂

Galway scrope 12 points, just the 11/8 winner.

A disappointing weekend with the handicap in the Limerick game the goal just after half time killed it was quietly confident with Limerick 4 up at half time.

On to this weekend Westmeath to win at 13/8, lift the cup at 11/8 and +2 at 4/5 are all going to get a few pound off me.

From a purely punting point of view Dublin at 11/8 is way too big and a price you'd never normally get Dublin at so I'll have a bit of that as well.

Double this weekend on Galway and Dublin at 4.75 on PP.

That's a huge price on Dublin and I'd be tempted myself if I wasn't a kerry man, but I just can't do it.

I'd also expect the injuries for each team to fall in Dublins favour with them getting McCarthy and Con back while Kerry will most likely be missing Barry and Spillane which is a significant swing.

News on Clifford looks largely positive thankfully but missing the 2 lads is a big blow against Dublin with the engines they have.

• Advertisement

following the advice on here :)

Westmeath win 13/8

#Westmeath (-1) win 9/4

HT/FT Westmeath 4/1

#not much on the opposite/'reverse' handicap, unlike the Dublin/Kerry match - might yet chance Westmeath giving away 2 or 3 if odds are offered ltr in wk

Other match advice looks like Dublin are "too big not to back" ,, based on that:

Dublin HT/FT 7/2

plus a HT/FT double of Westmeath + Dublin @ 21.5/1

gl

hope our luck's in D 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Tenner on Westmeath, Derry and Dublin for interest. Returns €119.

Great shout on Westmeath lads - great start to the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,799 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Treble D acca of Dublin/Derry by 1-3/Djokovic

Kerry by 5 or more at 3/1 pp

Westmeath certainly brought home the bacon this weekend not often the bookies get it so wrong but they got it badly wrong on Westmeath there and again in the semi final vs Offaly as well.

As for this weekend I think Kilkenny plus the handicap has to be looked at or indeed the handicap draw as I think it will be a narrow Limerick win. Another one I like is Adrian Mullen to score 3 or more points he has been in flying form I'll do the single there and a small double with him and Diarmuid Byrnes to score 3 or more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Donegal ladies to beat Meath at 7/4 looks like a decent bet. Meath haven't been convincing this season and Donegal could and should have beaten us in the league final and have an excellent forward line.

Once Donegal got to grips with us after 25 minutes, Donegal outscored Meath 1-7 to 1-2 and coming off a big win against Dublin, I can see them getting revenge for that league final.

Ive never been to a hurling game before but managed to snag a ticket for Sunday.

Can anyone recommend a bet to give me a bit of interest and maybe cover the price of a couple of pints. Tyvm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement