Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

That song in the latest Aldi ad is going to result in me kicking the TV screen. Rhyming Parma ham with Marianne.........aaaggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

The new horse racing Ireland ad with their over enthusiastic 'craic'. They spot another mate and the craic goes up another notch.

The end should really cut to the lads suits covered in shite with black eyes after getting into a row and the women hobbling home having lost a high heel, mascara running down the face mixing with the fake tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

Ribina, cats, bad parking, mate

Fu k off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I find the AIB and Bank of Ireland ads on prime time television excruciating. They are so patronising, I feel quite awkward watching them. The same banks basically destroyed the country financially, only half a generation ago? They should be banned from advertising, it is essentially a tax dodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The Ribena ad with the really creepy cats (and this is coming from a bona fida cat lady) repeatedly saying "maaaaate" in an Essex accent. Bring back zoobizoo zooby zooby zooby zoo.

And just when we thought the lotto ads couldn't get any worse we now have the freaky inhabitants of the lotto water park village all gathered in a post office with "Marion" permanently attired in a pink bath robe. What is she doing in there writing in a ledger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭RoTelly

ah ... Yellow

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

That radio ad for Vodafone where they are watching a match on the tv when the doorbell rings, then a child asks "why is a cow called a cow ", next thing a prat with a loud irritating raucous voice shouts out " come on laaads" . 😣 There is a corresponding tv ad which is just as annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,742 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Lotto, for ruining Mr Blue Sky for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The one for Refurbed phones. just keep repeating the word Refurbed.

The Ribina ad I thought it was Mike the cats were saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭leath_dub

What clown in the advertising company came up with the genius idea that the first thing a lotto winner would do is build a flippin' water park! In this country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I like the Centra one where they show a transgender lad and say attitude is a choice.

They opened a shop in Qatar or Dubai or somewhere like that 🤣

'attitude is a choice.'

What does that even mean?

I don't get the Triton ad with the lad in the shower telling him to get out of the shower.

Guy in the shower acts like a sexual predator and then starts giving her weird looks and then she gives a "ew creepy guy" face.

The women herself is a babe, perfect woman, but I don't get why they need to make the fella look like the creep when she's the one yelling at him to get out of the shower and he only in it 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭rightmove

I bought a Triton shower and regret it because of that ad. The next one i get will be a mira

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Tena ad with the woman sitting on the loo. Oh good Jaysus.

As a teenager that was my favourite song, but its been ruined for me by being played at practically every ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I don't know that one, thankfully. But the one with women doing yoga and one of them complaining that her pad's so full she can't get up off the floor......boch

I see there's another stupid man advert, this time from Allianz.

Wife asks him to fill the kettle and when he turns on the tap the water goes everywhere.

Then they show the reality of having allianz with the same incident and he takes a towel and tells her to call the insurance... Just turn the tap off ffs!

They would never have a woman looking like a dumbass

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You'd have more luck winning the lotto than getting planning permission for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I hate cgi animals in film/tv/ads to begin with.

• Advertisement

If it were real life, in a council estate, it would be full of rubbish, piss and floaters in a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭jackboy

These ads just imply that the GAA community is full of racist, homophonic, small minded people. Not sure how they are a good advertisement for the GAA and I don’t think they would encourage minorities to get their children involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That new Coca-Cola ad where they annihilate Queens A Kind of Magic. It's a while since I had to scramble for the mute button.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

The O'Donnells crisps ad. My God, can they not do better than some potato farmer sitting on a bucket in a shed choosing potatoes by hand to be made into crisps. It's the begosh and begorrah nonsense that needs to be done away with. What's worse is the crisps themselves, the last time I ate them they were like a laxative.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

RTEs promo for the womens euros. "Don't tell me I have no skin in the game", "this is our stage", "see myeslf up there". If they were good enough they would be there on merit. What in the jaysis are they on about. Is it the mens fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭ Lia Mango Warhead

Looks like Allianz adverts created by some of their employees, alas may not be hard to comprehend, I would easily believe they must surely have a prize for dimmest employee of the year.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭newmember2

That fkhead Kevin McGahern and his smarmy "...play for fun".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Latest Lotto ad showing where the money goes !

Have to say the ad is so bad I only noticed the Mr. Blue Sky song in the back round, as mentioned in the posts above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeuHK3P5Wwg

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

This will get me banned but I hate that Mr.Blue Sky song full stop!!

*plonk plonk plonk plonk plonk plonk..........."

Also the "sweet sweet lovin" song thats on everything too

Staying in the GAA theme- there's an ad for the Minor Leagues and the tagline is "This is Major!"

Well sorry no its not it the Minors, ye are making an ad to promote it and ye mention the majors instead. Jesus!

Advertisement