Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Else Miss the Pandemic?

• 27-06-2022 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Has anyone else been feeling a sense of loss or helplessness since all the lockdowns and restrictions have ended?

During the height of the pandemic we knew the rules and what we were told to do. There was no guessing. We felt protected by our government. We knew who the enemies of society were. Contact Tracing Apps and Vax IDs Apps put us in control. Provided security. Gave meaning to our lives. Took away the constant terrors. The Garda Jeruselma dancing. It made me feel truly alive.

Since all this has been taken away I feel lost and without purpose to myself. Anyone else feel the same? I found this video very comforting as it explained the kind of person I am perfectly.

https://plandemicseries.com/massformation/?fbclid=IwAR2rIAluYy3JxIQKkDyNYHOIm-IyLovh-yQCOimV_Qrm7f858iNIy-pAMPI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Protected by our government seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

The only thing I miss are the empty roads on the m50 to and from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I miss the €1.13 a litre petrol 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

miss it ? Not even slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Aren't we heading back down that road again....eventually!

Numbers are apparantly growing again so at some stage there will be another lock down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I’m surprised we didn’t have a Miss Pandemic such was the fervour. .. well , you could argue we did and a cruel mistress she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Of course there are people who miss it. Those little bitches were the reason it lasted so long in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Them were the days we won't be seeing again! Seriously though, there's many a business is going to struggle a lot more in the current climate with the reduction in discretionary spending than compared to what went down in Covid times. There was a lot of talk of businesses going to the wall after Covid and this inflationary spiral is the stake to the heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

When was that?

I don't remember 1.13 a litre tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

You’re not alone, there are plenty others with mental health issues also. Seek some kind of help is my advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

M

24th May 2020, I still have the receipt, €1.12.9.

Are you the sort of lad who will travel to the next town to save a few cents per litre, and then drive everyone to drink talking about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ah yeah but come on... the "gave meaning to our lives" bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

2 young kids at home half killed me. But empty roads to work were great.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Xander10

I'd say there are a few missing the "Free Money" (PUP payment).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Shoog

I had a good pandemic, I live in the country and still got to meet my neighbours on a daily basis. I got to use my camper van to get about without mixing to much. I helped a friend renovate his house and earned a bit of extra cash to boot.

The only thing I didn't get to do was see my two grown up children which was unfortunate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,995 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd a great pandemic. Missed a few weddings, saved some money and am in the best shape of my life.

That said, it was tragic for many people. I got lucky. Would hate for this to happen again.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I was looking forward for it to end in order to see political and medical tribunals to finger the people responsible for the number one most overly exaggerated nothingness of our lifetimes. Alas still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I enjoyed the first 3 months, "working" from home and great weather.

It got old very quickly though and I'd rather eat glass than go back into lockdown. Time to get on with it regardless of numbers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The first lockdown had a novelty factor and after seen the deaths in Italy it honestly felt like alot of horror was to come. Then it was just a pain, my business was closed, I love to travel, terrible time with autistic son out of school so never slept, no pub, no gym and worst of all was all anyone could talk about was the **** numbers and then bleating on about how many vaccines you had like it was a badge of honour. A load of **** I never want to experience again.

And it was all for nothing in the end, just so over exaggerated. Now we are left with ridiculous inflation, a fucked supply chain, a time bomb property market and a mother of a recession around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,794 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yup, miss it. Miss not having to deal with the (evident in this thread) absolute doses who think they know everything. Miss the lack of traffic. Miss the quieter shops. Miss people not standing on me in queues. Miss not having to make small talk. People suck.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I have fond memories of April/May 2020, January to March 2021 was incredibly grim though.

I would be glad if I saw nothing like it again.

Well..... my fantastic loyal sheepdog called time in Feb.20 after a very happy 14yrs ( ol shep was a legend...... totally ignored Mrs Mc Carthy & grown daughters... idolized me). Come April 2020 I'm as happy as Larry on the PUP..... one day this beat up, half starved, down-on-his-luck mutt staggered up the drive & threw himself down in the porch. Mrs Mc Carthy & myself both agreed that this guys 'race was run' , he had drawn on here to die. Long story short day by day he's getting stronger & more steady on his feet. After a week I take him to vet.....she gave him a right cocktail of tablets.....said he wasn't chipped & was only 3yrs old ( I had put him at 6/ 8 yrs old). Jeez, not a handsome guy ( vet said a corgi / bulldog mix.....seriously ) but character.....hes got it in spades.... a brilliant dog/ friend... for the first 6months of pandemic I used to walk with this guy 3-4 hrs a day....... quality time...... I do miss that aspect of the whole pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Lavdogg

Don't miss the daily ping from the journal each day with the numbers!

It was all a bit mad at the start when you look back at it, there were times when the highlight of the week was going to do the shopping to bump into other people ya knew or hearing that someone ya knew tested positive and the panic and worry that came with it.

There was some lovely weather and good "lockdown challenges" but you couldn't help but feel a little lost when we were allowed do things again.

Haha..... the weekly shop was a bit of a " treat" ( I used to iron a shirt, shave, shoes polished 🤣) ..... you'd slip 3/4 bottles wine into the trolley & rather than Mrs Mc Carthy bitching she'd say " better grab another couple to be on the safe side".......mmmm, happy days allright

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Nah, it was horrible.

March/April 2020 was awful, the feeling of reality becoming unglued, and the beginning of 2021 was so grim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Paul Reid all the best. The man got us through the pandemic, himself and Tony are heroes.

Advertisement