Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Here we go

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Put those bloody onions away will ye.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

End of an era - sad to see him go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Grazie Vale - an amazing career , Moto GP is what it is today thanks to the Doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

I watched every motogp race from his last year on the 500s to today. In 2015 I got my arse in gear and went to my first race with a few mates. We went camping for the weekend to Silverstone. It turned out to be a wet race.

Now Valentino had never won at Silverstone, and hadn't won a wet race for some years at that stage. To be fair, I was just happy to see him race live and in person. Well he only went and won it!

Thanks Valentino. You made an Irish fan very very happy that day. One ticked off the bucket list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭legrand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

No update on YT blog from Johnny since the last race.

Shame the rain was so heavy as I think the only chance Johnny has now is for it to rain and Toprak to DNF or get swallowed up in the pack. Otherwise, in the dry Even a single DNF for Toprak isn't sufficient as such is his pace he'll finish ahead of Johnny in the other race.

Should be a deserving title for Toprak and I'm already looking forward to next year if the Kwak get a few more revs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Magown3

Weather affecting every one of the races (WSBK) this weekend. Is there a point going there next year at the same time of year? Are tge weather conditions tge same all year round there? I don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Hi guys , trying to plan a trip to the isle of man tt , is there anybody or anywhere on the site to get advice on what to do or what not to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭legrand

2022 thread

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058231561/moto-gp-2022-season#latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Those Dunlop tyres at the nw200 wtf ?

Spoilt the final superbike race

Hickman was fast before he had problems and will surely dominate the TT. Glenn Irwin making his debut I think still

Hickman is flying as expected

Glenn Irwin putting in a good showing first-time

Michael Dunlop a creditable third in the superbike race j think a few retirement helped move him up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Delighted for Hickman

Ya the guy is so relaxed

Hard for Michael Dunlop to compete against these guys now that are doing the British championships

Michael Dunlop with a TT win today .Gotta like that

• Advertisement

Put it on a spoiler FFS. Been trying to avoid the results until it's televised later on like most people I would guess.

😞

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

Rubbish. Just avoid the thread until you see the highlights later. You are not forced to read the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭enricoh

Davy Morgan rip. Absolute legend of road racing, been in the paddock for as long as I've been following road racing.

Thanks for the memories Davy.

The bikes are not getting any slower

Think it was that muppet Fogarty that first broke 120

Johnathan rea knocked off him off his perch anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

Will there be any motor bike racing in Ireland this year?

The lack of insurance seems to be the death knell of the sport. If we lose it for one year I don't think we will ever get it back.

The sport hasn't been helped by people involved in it taking insurance claims. Surely we know the dangers if we're racers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Calendar in the six Counties is gone anyway. Not certain about road racing planned in the Republic.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 673 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Oh you say that but you wouldn't believe some of the stuff I have seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Mondello motorbike circuit racing is now gone for 2023.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Toprak off to BMW! Didn't see that coming after him testing the MotoGP bike with Yamaha.

Seriously? Wow, also didn’t see that coming. VDM out the door then?

I wish JR was as ruthless with his moves. Stayed too long on the Honda by at least 2 years and I feel like it’s the same now with Kawasaki.

or is everyone just waiting/hoping for Alvaro to retire!

I get ya! I really hope Kawasaki aren't stringing JR along the way Honda did.

I think he is hoping he will be allowed get back the full rev range but even if that

happens I can't see Bautista getting beaten.

I normally go to Portimao for this, but the flight this year alone is €305!!!

TT underway , good to see MD up there

Clicked on a random link just there and realized i was listening to some random robot generated waffle

TT Live is well worth the subscription.

Ya i was going to but I like the TT twitter feed and manx radio commentary

Just seen upthread there i was drunk posting on Fogarty a while back. He's not the worst, TT legend himself just a touch of arrogance about him

They're all legends and TT is growing all the time in status

I sometimes have the radio commentary on when watching it. Chris Kinley is brilliant.

• Advertisement

AI can never replace the likes of Sylvain , laverty and hodgson on bt sport thankfully

Well done Michael, more to come over the week.

Man and machine versus road . There's no one better

Made up for Mike Brown. Fantastic result and brilliant to see Eddie Laycock fettling the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭jonnreeks

Hi all,

Just curious to know which series are bike fans into at the present!

MotoGP or WSBK

To be honest I follow both, but do find that World Super Bikes is currently, especially over the past three years more exciting then MotoGP.

Maybe because of the Toprak, Bautista & Rea battles!

🏍️

Moto gp for the commentary and the sprint plus Marquez is back making it interesting

Still both. But the combination of Bautista and the Ducati being unbelievable is making it a bit boring.

The Kawasaki is really poor, even Alex Lowes has had enough and is finished with them at the end of

the year. Toprak to BMW can only be a good thing.

But my favourite series at the minute and has been for a long time is BSB.

Are kawasaki releasing an updated bike next year or where is the performance update going to come from?

Good race there

• Advertisement

Dunno he can't compete anyhow with Ducati

A few flashes like Marquez is doing with a pole position

I think Toprak going to BMW will make things less interesting. It's going to take a bit of effort to make that bike into a title challenging machine. Unless Rea was promised something that made him re-sign for Kwak then I think Batista will have another handy enough championship next year too.

Loyalty from Rea at Honda meant he stayed there too long - I wonder if it is history repeating again here at Kwak?

Will these changes on the revs make much difference this weekend, not too well up on the technical side of it

Was getting a bit boring the ducati pulling away

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭jonnreeks

2024 CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

1. ALEX LOWES 50
    2. NICOLO BULEGA 41
    3. ANDREA LOCATELLI 20

Advertisement