Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Depp/Heard Trial Verdict

• 01-06-2022 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭

Verdict in this is being read at 8pm apparently. Someone's about to lose a lot of money.

Comments

Amber Heard's disgusting smirking (see below of one of thousands of possible examples) throughout the trial made you want to reach for the sick bucket. She's no victim. Arrogance, ego, narcissism; it's all there.

I think Depp's team, particularly Camille Vasquez, did a fantastic job skewering Ms Heard.

From what I've seen, I find it very, very, very hard to believe anything this vile woman says.

I certainly hope she loses, and I say this as someone who has never seen a Johnny Depp movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I watched a lot of the trial (sadly) and in fairness, Johnny Depp was doing most of the smirking as far as I could see...

For what it's worth, I think he'll lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,143 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Heard hasn't a single honest bone in her body.

Still be surprised if she gets whats coming to her. She kept he Aquaman job while Depp got fired from Harry Potter. The judgement was already made I fear.

I'm pretty confident Heard will lose. She was torn asunder throughout the trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

It's not a popularity contest though surely. On the face of it Johnny Depps case is very weak - he is suing her over an article in which he wasn't even named?

Either way Depp has won in the court of public opinion - he has come across as a nice guy, which means win or lose he has rehabilitated his image somewhat and producers will be more likely to cast him in roles again

• Advertisement

They could very well both lose, but legally speaking, all the jury needs to find against Depp is if just one physical altercation took place.

For Heard to lose, they would need to find that the Walden statement didn't defame her .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If Heard loses she won't be able to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I think Depp has already won the court of public opinion comprehensively and that's what mattered. His next couple of movies will pay him as much at least as whatever mental award a judge would give him for winning... that she would never be able to pay anyway as her career is most likely over.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,143 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah Depp probably didn't expect to win, some loophole will save her but he has finished off Heard's "career".

I can't see any company going near casting her after this, shes been shown up beyond repair thankfully. Depp will recover.

Johnny Depp hasn't even bothered to turn up!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Saw Depp in Sheffield on Sunday. Came across as a little worse for wear, but I suspect he had taken something to distract himself. A surprised audience of a few thousand also probably helped:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Be handier to watch it online and avoid the scrum

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

Here we go

Or not

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

Lol didn't fill.in the form right

??? Jury didn't complete damages section

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah lads the jury had one job which was to fill out the forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What kind of clowns are the jury? Didn't fill out the verdict form fully 🙄

Judge karate gives jurors the chop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

(Delete)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Yeah I’d imagine that’s the case. The fact they’ve been sent back to do the paperwork means they’ve found in favour of one of them at the very least. I reckon it’s more likely they’ve found in favour of Depp over Herd’s counter claim which was a little outlandish (Herd was partly relying on Depp’s claim just being dismissed outright).

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Did they miscount the zeros? Easy to add one too many in.....

#deptoo

Good.

Amber Heard is the worst possible kind of narcissistic liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,921 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Looking like a Slam Dunk for Depp , don't see him in court , is he there 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Will she cry

I think they forgot to note damages an award has to be documented from $1 up it seems 🤔

€15 million , O Dear

• Advertisement

She's getting mauled. Deservedly so.

Advertisement