Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depp/Heard Trial Verdict

Options

Comments

It wasn't just his support.

Every detail was proved down to the finest detail. She was repeatedly exposed as a liar, and also a manipulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Pair of them in it, but she is more calculating piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Intentional according to what I read.

Its the cleaning staff earning minimum wage who had to get rid of it I felt bad for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I can’t remember the exact details (was complicated and nuanced) but was explained on BBC that the case against the Sun was around whether the Sun was justified in believing Amber Heard and therefore right to publish. It wasnt directly about the facts themselves.

whereas this case directly addressed the facts around whether or not there was abuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

You've never seen A Nightmare on Elm Street but you want us to listen to what you have to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

depp gets a 17m payday and more importantly clears his name

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

Why is everyone posting different amounts for damages awarded? Is it not fully decided yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

• Advertisement

That's the last we'll ever see of this kind of conceited smirk.

What victim of domestic abuse goes around courtrooms with that look across her face - repeatedly. Even without saying a word, this picture speaks volumes. She's not a victim of domestic abuse; she was simply out to seek revenge through her hateful inner narrative that Depp must be destroyed to make Amber feel better.

When she talked about "his power" and "his influence" (again, repeatedly), that was mere projection for the kind of power, influence, and wealth she would herself like. Once a narcissist, always a narcissist.

She thought she was clever. Now Amber has been exposed for what she is and always will be: a liar, a manipulator, and a fake victim of abuse.

I'm not interested in women, as it happens. But she is the worst kind of woman you could possibly come into contact with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Its not about the damages for Depp, he won this case WEEKS ago. He should and probably will donate the money elsewhere.

i watched the verdict, there were 3 amounts of 10, 5, and 2 mil for the various things. 0 awarded for another of them.

ETA: seems like its more 13m if i understand correctly?

timestamps: 6 mins, and 8.55 mins

I wonder what will become of Amber. She has a personality disorder that manifests itself in manipulative behaviour, bullying and lies etc. However, there has been a MASSIVE vitriol agenda against her on social media and I would be concerned about her safety now.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dbas

Disgrace that all those allegations were allowed to be made against Johnny depp in such a public way. I'm glad identities are kept private over here until after conviction. Imagine your life being thrown upside down with false allegations for six years.

I watched the whole trial. It was clear she lied throughout the whole trial. Johnny's lawyers saw right through her and called her on every single lie.

The jury felt the same evidently.

A great result for honesty and decency.

I hope Heard gets done for purgery for all the lies she told on the stand

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Would you ever stop with the nonsense about her smirking. It's total cringe and very see through to what you're really saying.

Obviously a toxic relationship but glad Depp got justice in the end.

I think you're ignoring the lengths that Heard and the media, in general, went to in order to present herself as a victim of domestic abuse. It was everywhere, and even someone like myself who avoids most social media, kept seeing her claims being presented, with Depp being portrayed as a brutal monster.

She played the crowd.. and many people didn't like being taken in by her. So, yeah, there was a sizable anti-heard crowd right from the beginning of the case, because quite a bit of his evidence was starting to come out along with questions about her claims. The UK case wasn't subjected to the same amount of scrutiny, with Depp just being assumed to be guilty.. this one was different.

Honestly, Heard brought all of this on herself. She manipulated public opinion, and it eventually bit her in the ass. Which is just wonderful in my book. Society will start recognising the manipulative nature of some women, and the issues surrounding domestic abuse along with the pressure against men to report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

If she hadn't had posted an op ed she would have gotten away with her abuse.

At the time that op ed was posted, and it is true today I believe, there are over 2,000 shelters for female victims of domestic abuse in the USA, there is 1 for men.

The conversation we need to have is the pernicious influence feminists have on the provision of domestic abuse services, it is the same here in this country....the government here provides over €30 million a year to support female victims of domestic abuse, €750k to support male victims.

She was made an ambassador / spokespersons for the UN on womens rights after her op ed.

Amber Herd performance in court was a sight to see...the "believe all women" movement will no doubt continue but the vast majority of people aren't on board if they ever really were, this case has drawn a massive audience it's one of the biggest trials in recent decades...no doubt Irelands finest feminists will castigate the jury or the justice system in Irish media tomorrow, no doubt they will bully and harass anyone who disagrees with them as we have witnessed in recent times, we expect no less from them.

In fairness, I'd say the suicide risk is probably very high.

She presumably has a high net worth, but to lose $8+ million might destroy her life - maybe even her home?

Her reputation with work / acting has been irrevocably wrecked. Who would want to employ Amber, knowing what she is now guilty of and/or capable of?

Her lifestyle will be destroyed.

So whilst I am glad she lost this case, there is unfortunately the real risk that this could cause a very dangerous downward spiral.

And when in an improper state of mind, might she consider this ultimate wrecking ball as a way to punish Depp for causing this loss to her in the first place? It's irrational, but if she's not in the right frame of mind, she may well justify it to herself. Hopefully this doesn't come to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭NiceFella

I watched one video of her giving "evidence" of Depp being physically abusive to police. Her mannerisms from that alone and I knew she was twisting arguments into something more malicious than had taken place. She did no wrong in any situation.

That and the fact that pretty much all JD's former GF's came out in his defense (Many of which may have reason to hold a grudge) saying he never lifted a finger to them.

You don't start just being physically abusive in your 50s. You'd definitely have a long history of doing that and evidence. So yeah it was fairly easy to tell on the surface in my opinion.

By the way, not saying Depp was an angel. Definitely has issues, but I don't think he was abusive.

• Advertisement

No need for that. She deserves what she gets in terms of this trial. But her house has been shown online etc and despite being a liar nobody (of sound mind) should wish her physical harm at the hands of others or herself.

I'd wonder how much of her personality disorder is faked just to garner sympathy or provide an excuse for her behaviour.. as for the vitriol agenda on social media, she started that all by herself first, and I doubt she cared what it would do to Depp.

I'd guess she'll end up penniless and disappear into the woodwork. She still has to deal with her "pledges" and that's a wholly different can of worms. She could see prison time for it, which would definitely end her career.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Depp $10m + $5m (capped at $350,000) punitive [10,350,000 total], Heard 2m + 0 punitive.

I didn't wish anything on her.

I do think (but certainly don't hope) that she may end up like a higher profile Caroline Flack.

Yes, and given Depp admitted during the trial for decades long abuse of alcohol and drugs, you'd imagine that some semblance of a violent history would be at least detectable.

But it was nowhere to be seen.

Apparently it only surfaced when he got married to Amber Heard. How convenient...

Its a pity he has distanced himself (understandably) from Disney and Pirates. However, if he was to return to the role it would be MASSIVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dbas

The fact that she has a personality disorder does not absolve her from her ability to make her own choices in life. She is 100% responsible for the choices she makes.

It certainly does not let her away with making vile allegations of sexual/ physical abuse against someone

i'll tell you one thing, camille vasquez's charge out rate will quadruple. some performance by her, and the rest of depp's team as well.

on the other side, they seemed clueless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Fair play Johnny Depp for taking this case. Totally vindicated now.

He could have easily just sucked it up....and hoped it would blow over.

Advertisement