Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022 WDF World Darts Championships - 2nd - 10th April - Lakeside

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good game that between Thibault and Burt. Burt missed a bucket load of match darts in the final leg to win it before Thibault took out 74 for the win. I think experience showed in the end, Burt fell to pieces when going for the winning double.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Our friend Laura Turner loses her first round game averaging 60something.

I don't think I've ever seen her average over 70. A perfect example for the people who give out about the people giving out about women pundits in sport.

She's only on Sky for one reason and one reason only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

104.91 winning average from Richie Venstra, impressive stuff.

Jarred Cole may have unofficially broken the slowest walk-on record if such a thing exists, seemed to stop and have a hug with most of the crowd. Him v Raman should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

They mentioned Wayne Warren only got 23 thousand or something like that for winning the worlds, instead of the 100k he thought he’d get but also the trophy was repossessed, what was that all about? Also missed out on the year of exhibitions because of covid which was unfortunate.

Edit: just googled it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Raman was very impressive plays Veenstra next should be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

First ever Irish World Darts Champion...Neil Duff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I personally can't stand watching the PDC. Absolutely hate it!

For a good while I hadn't watched any darts on the TV. But recently with the seniors and wdf, my interest has been reignited,

Up the Duffman, delighted for him 😃

On a side note, myself and my son play online darts and Neil is in the same leagues as us. The young lad played Neil recently in a match and afterwards Neil took the time to chat with him and offer him some good advice.

He's a genuinely nice guy and a worthy world champion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Beau Greaves was unreal in her final. She would have given any of the mens finalists a good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

92 Average and only dropped 1 leg! Very impressive especially since she's only 18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

and only 28 minutes for 4 sets. she didn't hang about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CORTINO

Found these when tidying up things in the attic today! I had sent him a letter as a fan of his and he kindly replied soon after...I used to e joy his funny commentary..

Advertisement