Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

nah stick with it, its the rollercoaster of a lifetime!!!

Oddly setting it to the highest settings is what works best. Also FPS is server dependant which is also insane.

I was playing with settings for over an hour, my PC isn't capable of it. My GPU is nothing special tbh. But I thought since I cleared the recommended specs I could get maybe 30 fps on low settings. 🤷

I would love to try it, but 12 FPS in my characters apartment wasn't great, could you imagine how bad it would be in a busy location!

Game is **** with you, cities are insane on the FPS I have 9900k 3080 and I can barely walk in cities.

Stick everything on high as it only uses one CPU for reasons....... tbh the load screen is you in the city stuttering to walk anywhere.

When you get to your ship and fly off it actually levels out and becomes playable and so does repeast visits to the city you have 1fps in.

Add me in game if you want kdjac can show you the ropes ...well the ones i know like dying for no apparent reason and **** exploding also for no apparent reason.

I dont know the ropes.

• Advertisement

Thanks, but unless I can get the game to run it probably won't happen!

Ok, I managed to get the thing running at sometimes 30 fps at 1080p. I don't have a clue what I'm doing, I'll have to watch a few tutorial videos.

Get of your the planet in your ship and it will improve and also the longer you play the better the FPS get.

idk why really but that doesnt make sense but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

The people working on the ships are not the same people working on everything else. Without the ship sales, the other stuff wouldn't exist.

I can't imagine they will have a whole bunch in common, other than being in space.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is there a plot or a campaign to play? Sorry for lazy question but it is a bit of a mess to Google.

• Advertisement

Not really, its open ended with 6 types of missions that sometimes work sometimes dont.

I marmite the game but "The people working on the ships are not the same people working on everything else." is horseshit. Every ship added works flawlessly and insurance in the actual game whenever its released is a mumbled answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ah they dont work flawlessly now.

Some ships still eject you into space during Quantum travel.

All Eyes On Rafah

😁😁😁 Have yet to have that happen, I did yeet myself into space before.

A liminininium box killed me yesterday. thats new.

Need 300k more and I can buy a cutlass, farming BH cave missions. 100k every odd hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Would you not be better off renting, you can rent most stuff for 1-2 months compared to the buy price.

More so want to earn a new ship without spending real cash, afaik I get to keep it until the wipe whenever the next one is.

Discord reckons end of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I don't mean real cash for buy/rent, I mean rent in game. The rental price a day is about 1/30 to 1/60th the price of buying in game ( I think the cutlass is 1/30th). You could rent it for the days you want and earn back the rental and then some using it now rather than waiting to save up.

During the big events I rented a retaliator and got 300-400k a run.

I tried most ships during the expo and kinda want to see the effort required to buy a new ship. 1.3m is a reasonable amount from a mostly solo player who doesnt mine.

Did Jumptown (Calliope) tonight with 2 buddies I met in game recently, this is how it went:

(Buddy 1 has Constellation Taurus, Buddy 2 has Mustang, I passenger in Taurus).

Landed with B1 and noone there grabbed 20 and left, sold them for 25k each at Port Olisar.

Went back with B1 and B2 joined, it was busy for the 1st while everyone forming an orderly Q and taking a box when it was your turn, B1 was in pilot seat whilst myself and B2 ferried boxes back and forth, several ships in the area at this point, an ION opens up on the Taurus blowing 20 boxes and B1 up.

Myself and B2 off ship when this happened, an Andromeda arrived at this point and a vanguard, B2 and myself start ferrying boxes into the side room (keeping the Q system going with others). There was another Taurus there the entire time, everyone getting on fine except for the ION which has now landed, ION and Vangaurd are buddies seemingly, Andromeda crew start ferrying boxes in the Q, B1 comes back with new ship and Andromeda opens up on him killing him eventually. In the room we obviously cant tell who is who at this point.

B1 is **** pissed now, I go outside and see the Andromeda landing and the 3 that were in the orderly Q about to load it up, I open fire on the 3 downing 1 before the Andromeda explodes me at the door, the 2 rather than revive their buddy go for B2 who is inside with a shotgun, B2 kills them and under fire from the Andromeda grabs me inside and revives me (ship fire is weird there is a tiny piece of metal at the front door that you are safe behind from whatever the the **** it was shooting at me).

We have now exceuted order 66 and everyones a **** Jedi, we are now holding the door waiting for B1 (who is super **** pissed), we dropped several possibly nice guys but **** it, its **** on now NOTHING is coming tru that airlock. B1 comes back and takes out the ION, Andromeda and 2 Navy (one was hammerhead) whilst this was going on, I notice the Vangaurd is still outside we must have killed the pilot, I take the Vangaurd and help the Taurus finish the last ship, I have no crime stat but both of them have, we assume its because I got the kill on wanted players whilst they killed good guys???? Not entirely sure tbh

Seemingly B2s mustang was exploded at some point so we are left with no other ships and 40 boxes, we load up the busted Taurus (elevator wouldnt fully open so they doing some jump and place ****, we have a system I fight the doors inside and they grab from the airlock. We get the 40 boxes and about to head to Grim Hex (Crime stat) I like a noob idiot go counting boxes and get onto the elevator, I cant get off, lie down and hope for the best for the journey.

Arrive at Grim and sell the boxes for 37k each, 500k made in 2 runs AND the only game issue during all of this was the **** doors in Jumptown, when I was on my own they were fucked when more people showed they were even more fucked. You cant share the mission but the pilot of the ship the boxes are in sends the cash via space paypal.

This "game" is pure marmite.

Free fly starts today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Are there many Irish people playing this? I'm in an ArmA group but we also play Star Citizen and other games, looking for someone to go check out the verse in and be my wingman. Looking at getting into trading and stuff but honestly haven't been playing in a while so relearning the game.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Joined!

Freefly starts morrow May 20th to June 3rd.

This game>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 82,106 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

CIG Reports it has internally proven the fundamental tech necessary for server meshing. Meaning that they've got the working proof of concept finally for how the servers will work and maintain the Persistent Universe.

They did it.

So there doesn't sound like there is a 3.19 planned anymore.

After 3.18 takes up most of the rest of 2022 now, we should see Star Citizen 4.0 by (at the earliest) Q1 2023 for evocati testing.

Citizencon will be a livestream only again this year with no keynote presentation (ie. no on-the rails vertical-slice of the game in progress)

Also, they'll likely be able to patent the **** out of this underlying tech, so for a long time, SC might be the only persistent universe game with this level of detail.

For those who have been waiting for an X-Wing in close to real life, the RSI Scorpius is Flight Ready and rents for free today and tomorrow in-game from the Expo Center on Orison. Big punch, 8 size 3 weapons, missiles, and a Size 2 shield. The premier Heavy Fighter

The Scorpius AFAIK is Gold Standard, and has gone through all the detail passes incl. hatches for each subsystem. It goes for $240 but so do less capable LEGO X-Wing kits.

Scoripus is great and all but how would it surive vs my swarm ? the swarm of the most feared ship in the game.

Its at 37 now since this was taken.

PISCES!!PISCES!! PISCES!! PISCES!! PISCES!!

Does that bug work with a prospector full of quant

• Advertisement

The bug is when you call a ship and get the error you now have 2, then 3 then 43. So if you got that popup anytime you now have "another of that ship".

It never spawns with inventory BUT it does spawn with any loadout items you have, so my 17 sentinels that were loadout-ed for player killing, I now have 16 of Hurstons finest S5 cannon in my home area because I did a reset before the warning :(

So you could sell 16 S5 cannons etc or any loadout items as they duplicate but I think a wipe is coming due to the many many duplication bugs that are live so whats the point really.

I mined for like 6 minutes then got bored, same as ED mined until I didnt have to do it ever again.

hadnaite in the bunkers gone, without duping I have 15m simply from bunkers, someone I know with duping has 14 billion :/ a wipe is coming!

Advertisement