Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Again, it's almost like he doesn't want to say and outline his conspiracy theory because it's embarrassing to him.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

hi gladvimpaker / phishnet / lex luthor etc etc etc ad naseum

you have no credibility left, if you ever had any to begin with

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭hometruths

Can you please specifically tell me what I am claiming that is not true?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I don't think there's any conspiracy here, just a very strange pernickety point

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,914 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Are the vaccines safe to use? Really, we don't need more posts in this forum than in the Russia forum today to answer such a simple question.

Ok, I will give you a very simple example of the type of spin that is widespread.

In response to my comment about the specific reasons for approval, rather than discuss what the vaccine was specifically approved for a spinner will say something along the lines of:

Vaccines were developed to reduce transmission and reduce severity of the disease. Keyword: reduce.

Indeed, the vaccines did reduce transmission (depending on variant, a vaccinated person held the viral load for a shorter period than an unvaccinated person) and they greatly reduced the severity of the disease

This is just a deflection to try and spin the narrative that in reducing the severity of the disease the vaccines are working exactly as expected by the regulators.

But that is totally untrue.

What the regulators expected was the vaccine to reduce the number of symptomatic covid cases. At the time of approval, they had no idea if the vaccines would reduce the severity of the symptoms in symptomatic cases.

Rather pitifully, to be frank.

If you are unable to figure out which of my claims are untrue, then it rather suggests my claims are true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Hi kingmob, shifty, donjoe you guy's have no credibility left, if you had anything to begin with. Bots and shills the lot of ye. Spamming the same **** for months, ye are all the same.

Coming out with the same nonsense, unable to think for yourselves.

You'll be running around like monkey's soon, spinning off bars I'm telling ye you'll all be eating humble banana's soon....

@hometruths they do this to everyone who comes into the thread, they'll twist it to suit their master's.

They don't debate, they try to get rid of people from getting anything said they'll accuse you of posting things you never posted. Then they will accuse you of doing what they do. Absolute master manipulators. I'd block them as they are bots or from the system.

I've a hunch who one of them are. A few people have them clocked.

Watch the onslaught, especially kingmob he's their muscle lol

Hi kingmob, shifty, donjoe you guy's have no credibility left,

huge difference here bub

you can see when each of us joined as we do not need to keep re-registering accounts, unlike you, because of the embarrassing idiocy you continue to show.

nothing you post is ever worth reading

youre nothing but a low rereg troll

• Advertisement

So what is your issue with the vaccine - since I can't work it out ?

Nope. I was emphasising that vaccines reduce not STOP, as a general point. It's very common for conspiracy theorists in here to claim that "we were told" vaccines would 100% stop transmission/contraction/etc/etc. That was the point I thought you were making at the time.

Your post appears to be about the specific development of vaccines and a point that the original e.g. Pfizer vaccine was developed with the key trials data being a reduction in symptomatic Covid. And those who don't pedantically acknowledge this specific are engaging in some sort of "spin" (suggesting they know but are twisting it somehow). Which is a bizarre in itself, and I don't see any connection to any conspiracy, so I have no idea why this is here.

The cats out of the bag now, go on the three or four of you. Your not pulling the wool over people's eyes nemore.

Your not interested in the thread,your all just trying to shut people down. And yees don't follow the chartor.

Ye are all a bunch of the same, how well you know you joined with different accounts at different times

Ye don't take the heat in other covid forums, because ye will be rombled.

But because the conspiracy theorists forum is known as a free fur all you get trackten here.

Rombled yez are.

Maybe at a whippit show I have two the same color as the weimaraner and another a golden color.

Other than that, I have not come akros you before

trolling level 0 / 10 here bub..... this is your poorest rereg yet... sad !

Yes:

No. The spin is that the vaccines were not originally approved to prevent Covid cases but were in fact originally approved to reduce the severity of Covid cases.

That isn't what happened.

Answer my questions now please.

So there's 4 of ye now. I actually read about this forum underneath a YouTube video lol and they said check it out. It's says, any newcomer will be accused of being a rereg, you'll be called names, your post's will be twisted, you will be tormented, you will be told your a shill, an antivaxxer if you say anything against the vaccines. You will be pitted against each other. You will notice that they are like people who are senior civil servants or have money in the COVID thing.

Anyone who wants to have a chat here avoid those 4 accounts. They are shills and avoid them at all costs, block them or ignore their vile insults and protestations. They're not interested in the debate.

• Advertisement

Lol

"They aren't interested in debate because anyone who disagrees with me is obviously a paid government agent!"

"They keep accusing us of being reregs cause we keep reregging and keep accusing us of being anti-vaxxers cause we keep using anti-vaxxer talking points!"

"They keep insulting us, those filthy shills! Foul civil servants!"

I'm also curious how you guys are "pitted against each other" when none of you will ever actually address each others posts and throw tanturms when someone dares to compare you to each other. Watch now was all the other anti-vaxxers will pretend these posts don't exist and that you aren't a serial reregger.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Its a cloning degradation error. With each rereg from the original it gets even more desperate and angry.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I'll take "things that never happened" for $500, please, Bob.

You want them to address each other because it takes the heat of ye and your multiple accounts. You have been bladdering long enough now. Admit it and walk away from the forum.

You're a shill, and not genuine.

Nope. I know you guys won't address each other because that's not permitted by the conspiracy theory mindset. If you question one persons conspiracy theory, you question your own, and then doubt starts to creep in.

I'm just highlighting that this is what all the anti-vaxxers on the thread are doing despite their insistence that they don't share or support the beliefs and behaviours of other anti vaxxers.

So, since you're being all genuine and such, could you tell us what other user names you've posted under before? Why the new one?

"Rombled", "Bladdering" - Oh gee with these zany made-up words this definitely can't be a re-reg of a regular here ;)

What the vaccines were originally approved for is not up debate. They were approved to prevent symptomatic cases of Covid 19. The EMA links above confirm that. The original EUA approval from the FDA confirms the same.

So I am assuming it is not that bit of what you quoted you are claiming is untrue. So it must be my claim that "It was spun as if the primary function all along was to reduce serious illness and death,"

Oddly enough in the discussion my post prompted @whippet said that the vaccines were approved "To reduce the effects of the virus and its transmission" - this is a falsehood. I don't think the poster is some bad faith actor deliberately spreading misinformation, I think it is just an example of how he has fallen for the spin.

They maybe be some other explanation for whippets false belief in what the vaccines were approved for, I don't know. But there are numerous examples of the spin that the vaccines are working exactly as per the function they were approved for - think of all the "Just got a mild dose of Covid, I'm grateful for my vaccine, this proves it's working" tweets.

You asked why I haven't comment on all the falsehoods I've seen in this thread. Apart from the fact it would take too long to get involved in a debate with every falsehood posted here, I generally try not to get involved in a discussion that has no chance of proceeding along some sort of logical and reasonable lines.

For example if somebody is claiming a 5G Bill Gates Microchip agenda, I will steer clear of it because it such blatant garbage the discussion clearly has no chance of logic or reason.

Cool. If you say so man.

What spin? Who's spinning it? Why?

What are some specific examples of blatant garbage posted by anti-vaxxers in this thread?

Would you class say patnor's opening mischaracterizations of the Vaers data etc as blatant garbage?

How about 323's latest post that he has since abandoned?

I don't think you will name any specific examples. That would be too close to challenging and disagreeing with another conspiracy theorist.

What spin? Who's spinning it? Why?

The tweets are just one example. There are thousands. There is a clear narrative across global governments and media to promote the vaccines benefits in reducing ICU cases and deaths as an example of how they're working as intended. I suspect it is simply to encourage vaccine uptake, nothing more sinister than that. I think it is done with good intentions, but I think it is wrong nonetheless.

Would you class say patnor's opening mischaracterizations of the Vaers data etc as blatant garbage?

No I don't think saying the VAERs data raises some red flags about vaccine safety is blatant garbage. It is more nuanced than that. But it is a discussion topic I avoid for the reasons I posted above, because I have seen how it plays it out there is no chance of it proceeding along some sort of logical and reasonable lines. Largely because you and your ilk use the VAERS disclaimer to shut down any sensible discussion on the subject. I couldn't be bothered with that.

How about 323's latest post that he has since abandoned?

I agree with most of the rebuttals of 323's post in that annual reports are full of those sort of commercial caveats and that in itself does not mean anything. In any event the market has delivered its own verdict on the commercial threats facing the vaccine manufacturers. I'd recommend this if anybody is looking for more in depth discussion on that topic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAr2CkGPJ8M

• Advertisement

There's no "narrative". For example, vaccines reduce severity of the disease, which is true, ergo it gets repeated.

If I recall, you claimed before that these vaccines aren't vaccines correct? You've labelled them "so called vaccines" right? What's going on with that?

Advertisement