Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PayPal protection when company goes bankrupt

• 17-05-2022 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

I ordered an expensive robotic lawnmower from myrobotcenter, who have now gone into self-administration. I ordered using PayPal backed by my credit card. Will PayPal cover this ? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SocialSpud

Same thing happened to me, hoping they'll cover it. Have you filed a dispute with Paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭ThreeGreens

Also contact your credit card company. They should be able to do a refund too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tjhook

I have a vague recollection that if you cancel through your credit card company, Paypal can get snotty. I could be wrong though.

Maybe try through Paypal first, and if there's no luck then cancel through the credit card company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Yeah, and PayPal were quick to get back to me. They have gotten contact with the seller and currently waiting on a response. Hope the can sort this.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SocialSpud

Even if it's debit card? I ordered on April 4th too so not overly recent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭ThreeGreens

No a debit card doesn't have the same protection. But the OP said they used their credit card.

For any one interested, PayPal closed the case in my favor and said they would refunded the full amount, phew 😅.

Refunded, the whole process took around two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

A debit card has the same payment protection as a credit card.

It is visa/MasterCard protection. It doesn't differentiate between credit/debit.

You have a specific amount of time to claim after the promised date (6 months I think) subject to an overall maximum of 540 days

Advertisement