Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭RickBlaine

For the second half of the season, I'm very curious to see how much of it is spent in the pre-Breaking Bad timeline, how much is spent during the BB timeline, and how much is spent in the post-BB (Gene) timeline. I'm even more curious to know if Kim is still part of Saul / Jimmy's life during the BB timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm not sure. If Gus made it seem like he was involved in Lalo's death or disappearance, Hector would have sent the Cousins or Tuco after him. Up until the Cousins' deaths in Season 3 of Breaking Bad, Gus and Hector still have something of a Cold War going on.

The end of BCS would be too early for Gus to show his hand. Nacho did him a huge favour by not just saying he wasn't working for Gus, but also pointing out that Gus ended up saving Hector's life when Nacho switched his medication. At best Gus might feign ignorance about Lalo's diappearance/death and the Salamancas might have their suspicions, but Gus is also too careful and reserved to give the game away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So I'll post this preview . Again for those who don't watch trailers for the next episode PLEASE DON'T WATCH

Some interesting theories going on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Don't know how to selectively quote your post, but sure its just a little bit of typing, so:

"PLEASE DON'T WATCH"

Duly noted!!! 🤣🤣🤣.

Glad you got the message 🤣

Also this will be directed by Thomas Schnauz who directed episode 9 from Season 5 (Bad Choice Road) which had the tense meeting between Lalo at Kim and Jimmy's apartment. He directs some of the important episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I just saw this video was after the s6 e6 preview. Some eejit/genius translated all the names from the visible code in the little black book the vet had!

https://youtu.be/Dr31tNbgZEk

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Why post it you just let out a major spoiler for the next episode it's. up there in the thumbnail😲

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There's no spoiler in the thumbnail. Even if the name in the book is that person, there's no indication that that person will or might appear in BCS, let alone in the next episode. It's just showing how Saul got most of his contacts that he used in Breaking Bad (like the vacuum repair guy).

Exactly it is only speculation and lists a number of characters/contacts. We don't know which will or will not appear and when. But we do know the little black book will play a part at some stage. All it was a translation of a list and speculation as to who would appear from the list and when. We already know many of those on the list already from BB.

The speculation could be correct or incorrect, or partly true, but as of now it is only fan theory speculation.

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Still think that YouTube thumbnail should be removed from your post as if he does appear then it ruins it for those who don't want to know anything.

• Advertisement

Fair enough done - I just left the youtube link instead now.

But I still fail to see how it ruins anything. It is speculation and some of these characters are bound to make an appearance anyway! It is a prequel afterall. I found it gas that someone went to the trouble of translating it. The BCS writers just love leaving bits of info to invite speculation in the show. Regardless of how obscure. What fans or writers would go to so much trouble for any other series?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

If you click on the YouTube link then it's your own fault. No spoilers in their post.

Thanks for doing that and yes he could appear in it but the actor hasn't confirmed if he is or not. I'm also staying well away from Reddit for the next week to avoid someone leaking whats going to happen.

You are right it could just be a red herring thrown in to troll the fans

No bother, as I said myself before I avoid previews unless I have seen the episode.

Speculation though, is fair game though as far as I am concerned. As it big part of the craic of the programme.

There are all sorts of angles to consider. Hints, red herrings, lighting, colour choices camera shots etc. No doubt some will be miles off, some close, and some few will have considered. I still expect the writers to come up with a subtle plot twist.

I am starting to think their continuity is so good because they work backwards from the ending. Plus have copious amounts of notes on potential angles from BB.

Maybe for the second half of the series we should open a small speculation thread that way we can speak freely about what theories are floating about there is a photo in the video I posted that could be a major spoiler for next week's episode I hope it doesn't come to pass what it looks like but then again it could be the crew and actors trolling us

It is a fan speculating. It is NOT a spoiler. It is only a spoiler if someone says what WILL happen. NOT what COULD happen. Big difference.

If there was a speculation thread this thread would be very quiet. This show is all about speculation which is incredible in itself - given how we know how most of the characters turn out. I think that is testament to the way it is written.

Lol kind of true at the moment

This explains the Kim/Jimmy original plan for Howard - before they found out the Judges arm was in a sling.

So basically spoilers for those who do not want the original plan explained.

It puts two and two together. I’m Annoyed I missed one obvious link in the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

haha!! there is a whole slew of these online, I love the way he says "partners down in Mehiicoo" ... That actor is brilliant, with the corporate music too hahaha great

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Is it on 2AM Irish time ?

I have a dodgy box, might just wake myself up at 2am and tune into AMC ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Holllyy fuckkknn sh*t!!!

JAYSUS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Genuinely shocking.

Loved the direction involving the candle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Wow...just wow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

damn you lads make me wanna watch it during lunch time now 😂

Just finished watching it there and what an episode and OMG what an ending 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Tinter Box

That was incredible. I did not see that coming.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Major shocker.

• Advertisement

I'm still in shock!!! One of the greatest episodes in the whole Breaking Bad Universe. Fantastic performances all round. Anyone who hasn't seen it stay off the internet until you watch it.

Advertisement