Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Mcguirks Discount Code?

• 22-07-2020 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi folks. Looking for a discount code for Mcguirks golf. Many thanks. Jim.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Try IGM10 for 10% off. It was sent out by Irish Golfer a few weeks ago.

Tested it there and it still works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Just used this to get a F9 3 wood for 145! Bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Thanks very much from me too. Saved 45 yoyosðŸ‘ðŸ‘👠.

Got the F9 in the post. I ordered the stiff shaft, does anyone know how I can tell if it is the stiff shaft? It certainly feels like it is but no indication on the shaft to say it is. There was a label that said F9 s on it.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 aidantracey

Can this code be used in-store or only online? Is going to save me 50€ on a driver!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

still works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭kod12

Looks like they finally took down the IGM10 code this week doesn’t work anymore.

Does anyone have any working discount codes for Mcguirks at the moment?

kod12 wrote: »
    Looks like they finally took down the IGM10 code this week doesn’t work anymore.

Yea not working for me either, must have worked for a year.

Also really annoying they charge for shipping on every order, even when its quite expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Don’t the usually give a discount code during the Irish open? Maybe I’m wrong.

Any halpenny codes about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

kod12 wrote: »

https://www.vodafonebillpayfantasticoffers.com/Offer_Voucher.aspx?ID=198

I got a text from Vodafone last week about an in-store discount. Link is above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Assume there’s no codes floating around for McGuirks/Halpenny?

Anyone have any joy finding a code? Its a bloody shame they don't do free shipping too. had an order of over 200 a few weeks ago and still charged full whack on shipping. Very rare you see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

i used to buy from mcguirks all the time and used the Irish Golfer discount code and the free shipping over 99 euro. Since they done away with both, I contacted them, explained why I wouldn't be buying from them again and started buying elsewhere. My last order was 600 euro and buying prizes for society. McGuirks didn't seem bothers.

I found onlinegolf.eu and clubhousegolf.co.uk to be excellent and very good value instead of McGuirks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭coillcam

I think Clubhousegolf.co.uk have a much wider selection and better pricing for the most part. I bought a club from McGuirks this week and it was cheaper compared to Clubhousegolf.co.uk (and others), even with the postage. Arrived the next day and I have the option of going to a store if there's a problem. I know that retailers like all businesses are looking at ways to entice customers or improve margins. It's disappointing to pay a little more in shipping or not get a discount that was always available previously.

However, it won't stop me from ordering there if there's a good deal to be had or if I need something quickly. Now if anyone does come across a McGuirks/Halpenny code, let me know as there are a few bits I'm looking at for next month.

Any import charges on the orders from Online and Clubhouse?

Not for clubhouse, its in their FAQs that everything is covered in final price. Can't speak for others.

Thanks, they are a little bit more expensive than Mcguirks on most things. Cobra Speedzone is 329 Mcguirks and 339 Clubhouse. Not sure on delivery cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk also offers free delivery to Ireland and is quite competitive on price, there's also a discount code that works permanently as far as I can tell 'SG10'. No customs charges either so worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭big_drive

I was trying earlier to buy a pair of shoes. They were €70

It took the code and got another 10% off so happy out until I tried to pay

Theres a requirement to spend £150

Im not sure of reason. And if it's just Irish orders They cover duty and have free postage so maybe it's not worth their while for anything less. Not great though if you only want a few bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

Are the discount codes for McGuirjs all gone? I've been buying on onlineGolf a lot, an awful lot actually, but there's a few items in McGuirks I'd like to pick up if there was a code like the old IGM10 used to be there giving the 10% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭avud

Mcguirks usually have discounts during the US masters if you can wait for it, think its the weekend of the 7th of April .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

Decent sale on now with the masters, and code IGW10 gives an additional 10% off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Just purchased a new bag this morning, thanks for the tip Sync. 20% off thanks to the masters and another 10% thanks to your code.

This is still working. Got pair of summer Golf shoes just now using it

Thank you

Its really annoying they dont do free shipping.

Ya it’s a farce. Luckily click and collect suited me

Any place not doing free delivery (especially over €X is in bad taste)

Yea I'm miles away from them and delivery is the only option, i know its only a fiver, but it really takes the good out of the 10% off with that code on most items.

If you're ordering something for €50 you're being charged 10% extra for delivery. Rip off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Just saw an ad online for a flash US Open sale in McGuirks.

I'm assuming the code here works in conjunction with it so good savings to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

30% discount on clothing in McGuirks this week for the Irish Open. Don't forget to use that Irish Golfer code too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Anyone with a McGuirks code?

IGW10 probably still works for 10% off. Been around for ages now

Website actually seems to be a bit broken when you put in a discount code currently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

FLASH15 for 15% off

Ends tomorrow at 9 am though.

Thanks - Used that on Cobra Speedzone 5 Wood (was €189, got for €160)

Actually some decent deals on there at moment if you were looking for gear

is IGW10 working for anyone? seems to have stopped working for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭plumber77

• Advertisement

IGW10 seems to have died like mentioned above

Pity - was hoping to make a purchase there on something if I could've knocked a few quid off

Seems when they were doing Black Friday week they must have finally updated something on system that got rid of code, its been working for ages

They'd decent prices for black Friday to be fair. I wasn't really after anything but there was definitely good bargains to be had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Funny enough their best sale was early last February for some reason. All clothes seemed to be 50 percent off and good deals on clubs also. Have never seen it as good before or after that one. Hopefully same in 2023.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hoping they disabled it for Black Friday and will re enable it, I’ve bought a lot from them online due to the codes, makes them competitive with almost all online shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

IGW10 not working for me

Gone id say for good. Pity cause I've a few small bits and pieces I might get after Xmas, would have been handy

The charge for delivery makes me less likely to buy stuff there without the 10% code and i've bought a lot of stuff over the last year. Was going to get an R10 off them too after christmas but without the code I can save about €120 buying from Snainton in UK. €6.50 for Irish delivery is ridiculous really for a top or polo. Whatever about something bulky like a bag or trolley but for clubs and clothes they're taking the piss compared to UK operations.

I'm sure it's a business decision to keep headcount down and they probably haven't the scale to run cheap/efficient order fulfilment (picking etc). They can easily partner up with a logistics company to do cheap shipping. They don't want the hassle of having a person/team processing small-value purchases and then dealing with returns on them. Especially for the wrong size clothes.

I'm the same as you, I'll only order if there's a proper deal or for a €100+ order. Halpenny has free shipping for €120 by comparison so I often give them the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

If you ask in McGuirks for discount they will give it to you , especially on expensive items

Just a quick FYI, the IGW10 code is working again, tried it on a few different items and it worked. Not sure if it will work with sale items though. Might be useful to someone for a last minute deal to collect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement