Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - latest deal codes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes I'm certainly noticing a much better picture quality, both through the app and watching on Windows App. Unsure on sound as I've not got surround sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I have been able use separate offers at the same time (like sport and sports extra). I think you just can’t stack offers on the same package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭wassie

SkySports & Sports Extra are completely separate - blocking is not a thing. Contact chat and explain what you are trying to do . They are reasonably helpful and are aware of what codes do what.

If all else fails, let your sub expire, wait a couple of days then you'll be good to go to add a new code for the sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Mystery solved.. I contacted support and SPXMGRF4CMO is a Sports Extra code, not a Sky Sports one. They offered me half price Sky Sports for 4 months but with no premier league over the summer, I let it pass. €10 a month was good value to watch Sky F1 over the premier league break but for €20+ I'll catch it on Channel 4 highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Im a long term user of now tv I love it.

However today the FA Cup final on Premir Sports 2 is completely unwatchable.

Picture is all blotchy constant. I tried other channels and everything else is fine.

I emailed Premier Sports they told me to contact now tv I've done both

It's appallng omletely unwatchable. Same on apple box, smart tv app and phon all Platforms

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭johntune

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Same for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1525506232244633602?t=mSzNP1rK_Tppj2bZDDaSIg&s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

Great post, with some very long expiry dates. All the offers i get from now tv in the mail expire after about 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

Was just about to use the €5 per month for 5months Cinema offer when i got an email from Now.

€3 a month for 6 months. Cinema.

NOWHINBNNBHF exp 23 May

:D

Post edited by feargantae on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Isn't €5 for 5 months cheaper than €3 a month?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

5 a month for 5 months - 25 over 5 months

3 a month for 6 months - 18 over 6 months.

Brón ormsa. I should've been clearer that unless otherwise stated these offers are usually €x *per* month. Not upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 8 ball pool

Possibly tied to an account as not working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Some good codes here thanks, particularly the boost offer at €10 for 6 months, first time seeing a boost code.

Was going to post the €3 cinema offer but the code I got (to 3 different accounts) is the same as posted above so its not account specific, handily.

Question for longer term users of Now TV - I signed up to Sports/Sports extra on a 12 months upfront deal last June for something like €10 a month each - do they always do this every summer in advance of the soccer season? or was last year perhaps a once off? Handy having it sorted for a full year and not have to look for codes every couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Closed captioning on live Sky sports randomly turned on a few days and I can't seem to be able to turn it off through the nowtv firestick app.

Anyone have the issue or were able to resolve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Vary same has happened to me, no idea how to get it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes as far as I know there was a similar deal the year before last.

One problem you might have is that the deal as the others may be reliant on you being within 30 days of a current Sports/Sports Extra deal expiring, it may be hard to time that particularly if you are doing it in 3 month batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Hoping someone has a solution to issues of picture quality with the Now App downloaded on the Smart TV vs Casting the Now TV App to the TV. I have two NowTV logins, just so I can always avail of certain offers when they come up. I have one login with the Sports and Sports Extra, like another poster I went for the 150 and 120 10 month deal last June and has been great. Hopefully the offer surfaces again in the next few weeks. I then also have a login with just entertainment.

I have a Smart TV and the Nowapp is on it. When logged in, picture quality is absolutely perfect. However, when I have tried to cast from the second Now TV login, from my phone, the picture quality is just off. I can't watch Sports by casting as the difference is so pronounced and had casted Entertainment instead. However watching the Staircase last night, my wife remarked that she couldn't watch it as the cinematography was so weird, but it was completely down to the app.

Does anyone have a quick fix for updating the picture quality on the Phone app that is cast? Does anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

don’t have a solution as such but can you not just log in and out of the one app with the 2 accounts on the tv depending on what you want to watch?

Normally the picture quality does dip whenever I cast anything, unless your broadband is very good. Do you have Boost on Both accounts? Why not just Log into the other one on the TV rather than cast?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Boost doesn't give HD in 50fps on the sports channels on some devices. This is most noticeable when watching football. The ball will have a trail or look a bit jittery.

From the FAQ:

Smoother sporting action: Sky Sports and Sports Extra channels are available at 50 frames per second (except on Xbox One & Series X/S and LG TV).

Can I get Full HD and Surround Sound on my mobile, tablet, PC, Mac, Roku or other device?

No. The HD and Surround Sound features of Boost aren't available on any of the following devices that you can watch NOW on:

PC/Mac

iOS or Android mobile devices 

Amazon Fire & Fire HD tablets

Chromecast 1st and 2nd generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Figured it out. Turn off subtitles under accessibility in the firestick settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The sticks are cheap enough, you could put the second account on one and leave it plugged in to the tv if you don't want to use your phone or be logging in and out of the app on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭wassie

I have two NowTV logins, just so I can always avail of certain offers when they come up.

Have you considered ditching the second account. The current offers in this thread are the best they have ever been and I am paying the minimum on all my subs. There is no benefit to having a second account and simply adds complexity for no real advantage.

If anyone is paying too much on an offer currently, simply cancel it and wait a couple of days after the membership expires and you will be free to add a new code. I've done this myself with SkySports & Cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Agreed!!

I'm on:

€10 for Sky Sports

€10 for Sky Sports Extra

€3 for Sky Movies and

€3 for Boost.

All from the codes on this thread. I could have the entertainment for cheap also but have no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

You missed one from post on last page.

NOW9R0YT6PEMO - €10 UPFRONT BOOST FOR 6 MONTHS (exp. 30/6/2022) **Not visible on the account, but still looks active**

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Yes will have ditched a second account by the end of June as the 10 month up front subscription to Sports and Sports Extra will have finished.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, have logged in and out of the NowTV app on the Samsung TV previously, just wanted to avoid as it is a slight pain. But might just stick to that for as long as I have the two accounts.

• Advertisement

Got an email for €3 a month Entertainment for 5 months.

Delighted to have waited before renewing!

NOWBBYEYBBZQ

Advertisement