Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Now TV - latest deal codes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,252 ✭✭✭✭ Atlantic Dawn

Yes as far as I know there was a similar deal the year before last.

One problem you might have is that the deal as the others may be reliant on you being within 30 days of a current Sports/Sports Extra deal expiring, it may be hard to time that particularly if you are doing it in 3 month batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ DelmarODonnell

Hoping someone has a solution to issues of picture quality with the Now App downloaded on the Smart TV vs Casting the Now TV App to the TV. I have two NowTV logins, just so I can always avail of certain offers when they come up. I have one login with the Sports and Sports Extra, like another poster I went for the 150 and 120 10 month deal last June and has been great. Hopefully the offer surfaces again in the next few weeks. I then also have a login with just entertainment.

I have a Smart TV and the Nowapp is on it. When logged in, picture quality is absolutely perfect. However, when I have tried to cast from the second Now TV login, from my phone, the picture quality is just off. I can't watch Sports by casting as the difference is so pronounced and had casted Entertainment instead. However watching the Staircase last night, my wife remarked that she couldn't watch it as the cinematography was so weird, but it was completely down to the app.

Does anyone have a quick fix for updating the picture quality on the Phone app that is cast? Does anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭ Nigzcurran

don’t have a solution as such but can you not just log in and out of the one app with the 2 accounts on the tv depending on what you want to watch?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭ ShamoBuc

Normally the picture quality does dip whenever I cast anything, unless your broadband is very good. Do you have Boost on Both accounts? Why not just Log into the other one on the TV rather than cast?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭ recyclebin

Boost doesn't give HD in 50fps on the sports channels on some devices. This is most noticeable when watching football. The ball will have a trail or look a bit jittery.

From the FAQ:

Smoother sporting action: Sky Sports and Sports Extra channels are available at 50 frames per second (except on Xbox One & Series X/S and LG TV).

Can I get Full HD and Surround Sound on my mobile, tablet, PC, Mac, Roku or other device?

No. The HD and Surround Sound features of Boost aren't available on any of the following devices that you can watch NOW on:

PC/Mac

iOS or Android mobile devices 

Amazon Fire & Fire HD tablets

Chromecast 1st and 2nd generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ EnzoScifo

Figured it out. Turn off subtitles under accessibility in the firestick settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,503 ✭✭✭✭ extra gravy

The sticks are cheap enough, you could put the second account on one and leave it plugged in to the tv if you don't want to use your phone or be logging in and out of the app on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭ wassie

I have two NowTV logins, just so I can always avail of certain offers when they come up.

Have you considered ditching the second account. The current offers in this thread are the best they have ever been and I am paying the minimum on all my subs. There is no benefit to having a second account and simply adds complexity for no real advantage.

If anyone is paying too much on an offer currently, simply cancel it and wait a couple of days after the membership expires and you will be free to add a new code. I've done this myself with SkySports & Cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭ Doodah7

Agreed!!

I'm on:

€10 for Sky Sports

€10 for Sky Sports Extra

€3 for Sky Movies and

€3 for Boost.

All from the codes on this thread. I could have the entertainment for cheap also but have no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭ A2LUE42

You missed one from post on last page.

NOW9R0YT6PEMO - €10 UPFRONT BOOST FOR 6 MONTHS (exp. 30/6/2022) **Not visible on the account, but still looks active**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ DelmarODonnell

Yes will have ditched a second account by the end of June as the 10 month up front subscription to Sports and Sports Extra will have finished.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, have logged in and out of the NowTV app on the Samsung TV previously, just wanted to avoid as it is a slight pain. But might just stick to that for as long as I have the two accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭ Full_Circle_81

Kind of new to Now and these deals. I'm already on a "€3 for 5 months" deal. Is there any point trying to apply this code to my account? I think my deal is up in September, would this extend it a further 5 months, or is that not how it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ Dingaan

Nope, you need to be in the last month of your current offer to apply new deals.

Or cancel, wait until your membership expires, then wait a couple more days after that (i.e. a couple of days where you cant acess the service), then you will be free to apply a new code.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭ Full_Circle_81

Thanks @wassie and @Dingaan for the advice, really appreciate that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ Bleating Lamb

Wonder can you access your Now account while abroad?…..might be heading to the States for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,252 ✭✭✭✭ Atlantic Dawn

I've used it in other parts of EU, as far as I know outside EU and UK is blocked. You also run in to problems if you are trying to add any new voucher codes when outside Ireland.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Quackster

Does it say in the

Does it say in that email you received when that code expires by any chance?

Thanking you!

Yes it will be blocked. You will need a decent VPN as a wrokaround. Ive used ExpressVPN in the past and also Nord.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 71,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭ New Home

I've been charged for one month at €5, this offer is due to expire in September. If I were to cancel it now (the next instalment is due to be taken on the 9th of June) and apply this code, would the new offer start from the day of cancellation of the previous offer or would it start from the 9th of June?

No. You are still inside your current offer period. If you try to apply the code it wont be accepted.

Cancelling your membership is not enough. You need to let it lapse in order to remove your current offer completely (as it is still be valid for a couple more months).

Read the posts below the one you have quoted if I'm not making sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭ steve_r

I was in Tunisia, couldn't get Express VPN, or Nord to work with Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 eprndrgst

Thanks for this 😊😊

Did you contact Express VPN customer support? I've always had it resolved within a few hours (which is why they are so expensive).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭ steve_r

No I didn’t - it was to watch matches so a few hours delay wouldn’t have helped me.

Tbh I’be had a better and more reliable service from the Windscribe free service than either the paid express vpn and nord. Just my opinion, your experience may differ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭ lertsnim

It will work in other EU countries. I wasn't able to view content when I was in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,256 ✭✭✭✭ Discodog

Is it worth buying a stick now & who has the best deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ DaTown

Are we expecting sky sports discount codes with the soccer over?

Mine is finishing up in early June.

Advertisement