Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seed and plant swap

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Just a little pedantry; horse chestnuts aren't native.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

The post you quoted did, should have clarified that was what I was referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭galaxy12

I have a large shrub and would like to give it away . Is there a swap in Dublin where someone could perhaps take it .

Unfortunately , it wasn't very well looked after over the years .it did revive after some a hard pruning last year but I have no place for it as I am rebuilding the front yard.

Anyone know of anywhere with Drosera (Sundews) in stock? Can find any and would love a couple (looking for plants not seeds)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,113 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Johnstown Garden centre had several kinds of insect eating plants recently, including Sundews.

Thanks, tried them yesterday though and out of stock unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Technophobe

I have a good few very healthy tomato plants that I want to dispose of and having been held up on other seedlings would swap for lettuce/spinach/cabbage seedlings if anyone interested..

Does anyone have a honeysuckle Lonicera Japonica Aureoreticulata that they would let me have a few cuttings of please?

Its this one with the net pattern in the leaves.

Its available in England but none of the firms will send to Europe/Ireland, and I cannot find anyone stocking it in Ireland, or in Europe that supplies to individuals.

If anyone knows of a nursery in Ireland selling it I would be delighted to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Bricriu

Looking for up-to-date Organic Leek Seeds to grow now.

Have Winter Spinach seeds to swop for them.

By post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭milout

I know this section is fairly dormant, however if anyone is Galway based I've a few tomato and aubergine young plants ready to be planted into their final pot / bed.

I've also a Persian pickling cucumber plant going spare.

Tomatoes are black cherry, gardeners delight and pink brandywine if I remember correctly.

two of these to give away - they were in our garden and dying, but a few years ago i unceremoniously dug them up and dumped them in pots, and it seems to have been exactly what they wanted. general glasnevin area, to whomever might want them. probably many decades old, IIRC the chap who bought this house in 1988 said they were there when he got here.

My request for Lonicera Japonica Aureoreticulata, I got one from Poland, but then (in an overlap of events) got one from a local nursery that didn't have any on display but had them in their growing area. So now I have two, both doing well!

Advertisement