Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

A new coffee shop opened on O'Connell Street. Rover Coffee Lab - next to Ward's Pharmacy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

dee_mc wrote: »
    DV8 sells clothing for men and women - mostly aimed at fairly young people I'd say.
    It's in the unit on O'Connell St where AWEAR was.
    Poppy Lane looks to be a boutique and is opening in Johnston Court.
    Hobby Shop is at 47 O'Connell St, was there a card and party shop there before? Looks like art and hobby stuff mostly for kids.
    They're all chainstores from what I can see.

Poppy Lane looks like a 'pop up' shop. Not really kitted out. Same as last few clothing shops that were in there. Wonder if it's just a short let for the Xmas period,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Petmania will open a shop in Cleveragh in April.

They are currently recruiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Barangutan

Royal Spice Land opened up a store in Rathedmond Estate (just left of Baker Boys) last week. Unreal selection of spices and Asian fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Yes, I was in it about two weeks ago, nice little place, will definitely go there again. The only issue I had with it was that a couple of items, non perishable items, were very close to their best before date. That said I did purchase a few items that I didn't need, will probably never use and have no idea how to use them.

KFC at the retail park is temp closed & reopening on the 31 July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Anyone know what’s going in to the ground floor unit in the building opposite Lidl in Finisklin? There’s been work going on over the last couple of weeks and an awning and outdoor seating area has gone in. It appears to be a cafe/restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

Another O Heirs cafe...cant remember the name

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was looking at the Maxizoo website and they say they have a new shop in the Carraroe retail park. Does anyone know where they are? I know where the "old" Petstop is, but has Maxizoo actually opened in the last week?

https://maxizoo.ie/our-stores/maxi-zoo-sligo/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭tommyamnesia

A new coffee shop had opened in Cleveragh Retail Park.

It's called Dock 84 and is now open. Incredibly expensive.....€8.50 for Beans on Toast!!!

Lidl car park is now in chaos during the hours this is open...car park is constantly full...lunchtime today(Fri) was crazy....alot of fustrated drivers, only take one ignorant prick to stuff it up for everybody.

Thankfully he was beeped so much he finally moved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

2 cafe's/eating establishments opened within a week of each other in Sligo.

So you have the new cafe opposite Lidl , and owned by the same crowd as O'Hehirs & the Glasshouse and that's called Dock 84.

Then you have Westeroast in Cleeveragh Retail Park , run by a guy called Curtis (and only Take-away at the moment) serving food by Baker Boys .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dk1979

Work going on in the old ESB showroom opposite Foleys. Does anyone know what is going in there?

The county council offices need to be in the town hall (if its big enough) or build a building next to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭tinpib

Painters working in McHugh's pub in recent days. No idea if anything is going in though. Painters/builders in La Fournil cafe on Tobergal Lane too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭shanec1928

New Ice Cream parlor Scrumdiddly's opening up today in Sligo's Penneys store :

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Why would they sell ice cream inside a clothes store?, surely they wouldn't want kids walking around the shop with messy cones etc.

Ironically , I would have think before this if you walked through the Penney's store eating an icecream or waffle you would quick enough be accosted by store staff and asked to 'eat that outside please'

Waits for ice cream spilt on floor , then customer to slip up and make a claim! because its bound to happen I should think

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I haven't seen it yet but Scrumdiddly's have had a stand inside Arnotts at one point - nowhere near the clothes though and it had it's own little seating area 😁 and they also have one in Penneys in Blanchardstown in Dublin. I haven't seen that or this one but they might also have a few seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Apart from the claim aspect, surely they don't want kids soiling the stock with wayward ice cream cones and wee sticky hands (that goes for the adults too).

Quite a bit of activity recently, great to see. From my own walks and stories in the local papers a new estate agent opened in the old old Feehily's shop(then a short lived pre-packed butcher) opposite Lillies bar.

Gerard fashions in Quayside is moving to the old Boots on O'Connell St. That's 2 new large clothes shops on O'Connell street which is great, the Forever 21(??) opened beside Tesco as well a few months back.

Hopefully something will move into the Gerard unit in Quayside, it is right at the entrance and the Cara pharmacy opposite it is still vacant. Not a great sight to immediately see 2 vacant units in what should be probably the prime area of a shopping centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Good to see O'Connell Street recovering a bit.

Quayside should be levelled, a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

The only reasons I go to Quayside are for TK Maxx and to use the toilet!!

Think I’ve only been in dealz!

• Advertisement

quayside - should have done something with the shops on the mezzanine part to open them up , even if they offered them at a ridiculous low price or 6 months free rent just to put a few more shops open in there to attract more people to the shopping centre (to have a knock on effect to other shops there) - and they should have done something already with that old CARA unit already, what a bad look as soon as you go in the entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

I not THAT old, but I do remember when Penny's had the PicknMix. It was great, all the free gummy bears.

oh i dont remember them doing that - when I were lad in UK , woolworths (woolies) had pick n mix counter it was great used to love it

Had that here as well, woolworths was in Sligo around where the Liber book shop is now. Think it closed in 83/84.

great, i knew it was in OCS but couldnt think what side it was on

new asian foodstore opened up in temple street near market yard:

https://www.facebook.com/billy.wei.9026

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

New tapas wine bar opened up in the Yeats Society Building - I haven't been in but I think it opened over the weekend

https://instagram.com/branchcafeandwinebar?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Had posted in the stores closing thread about the hairdressers up High Street. It now appears to be a bridal shop, Graceful Occasions or something like that.

Also spotted that Specsavers have expanded into the unit beside them, it was a bit cramped before and there were even chairs outside for peopl to wait. business seems to be booming for them.

New pasta place opening on Gratten St where Gallery cafe was.

• Advertisement

^^ they seem to have had a stand at the Sligo Farmer's Market on Saturdays and have progressed on to having their own place now, good for them :)

There's a new health food shop opening on the corner of O'Connell Street/Grattan Street. They are looking for staff.

https://horanshealth.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

There's a new Turkish barber shop in O'Connell Street across from the post office. They do hot towel shaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

New craft shop in Sligo which opened recently!

https://www.facebook.com/TullyCrafts/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭lenan

Great to see The City Hotel reopening. It's in an excellent location although car car park is tiny

There's a new tattoo place opened on Grattan Street - Mad Circus Tattoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Badly needed and a good idea, a proper open plan food court with facilities in the center of the town for business hours.

Currently all we have is pubs and coffee shops bar deli counters, will encourage more day trippers in to the main street.

They need to ensure to gut enough of the place to create a large space though, the first floor around by the coffee shop is a kip. Would be better to take the Elverys space for it and push them back towards O'Connell St, but from the pictures it looks like they are pushing for EJs/H Samuel side as food court area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Here's a few more pictures from the paywalled independent article about it.

looks like it will be lovely - reminds me of where I lived near to in the UK , we lived near and used to go shopping in Central Milton Keynes shopping centre ad that had real trees growing inside the shopping centre, even birds used to fly around in there and make nests in the trees - lovely atmosphere and feel to it

Horans Healthstore opened today on O'Connell Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Which unit is that, or what was there most recently? I can't picture it and Google maps didn't help me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement