Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There's a new health food shop opening on the corner of O'Connell Street/Grattan Street. They are looking for staff.

https://horanshealth.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

There's a new Turkish barber shop in O'Connell Street across from the post office. They do hot towel shaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

New craft shop in Sligo which opened recently!

https://www.facebook.com/TullyCrafts/

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lenan

Great to see The City Hotel reopening. It's in an excellent location although car car park is tiny

There's a new tattoo place opened on Grattan Street - Mad Circus Tattoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Badly needed and a good idea, a proper open plan food court with facilities in the center of the town for business hours.

Currently all we have is pubs and coffee shops bar deli counters, will encourage more day trippers in to the main street.

They need to ensure to gut enough of the place to create a large space though, the first floor around by the coffee shop is a kip. Would be better to take the Elverys space for it and push them back towards O'Connell St, but from the pictures it looks like they are pushing for EJs/H Samuel side as food court area.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Here's a few more pictures from the paywalled independent article about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

looks like it will be lovely - reminds me of where I lived near to in the UK , we lived near and used to go shopping in Central Milton Keynes shopping centre ad that had real trees growing inside the shopping centre, even birds used to fly around in there and make nests in the trees - lovely atmosphere and feel to it

Horans Healthstore opened today on O'Connell Street

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Which unit is that, or what was there most recently? I can't picture it and Google maps didn't help me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jt69er

Beside where Shaws Jewellers was!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

What is opening in the old filling station beside where Cissie Macs used to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭sligopaul

think it's a drive thru coffee shop of some description

• Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Delighted to see that Tósta which was run from a food van behind Bree's of Strandill and then in Strandhill itself last summer now have a more permanent unit on Bridge Street in Sligo. I'm assuming they are in the old Sweet Beet unit on the corner but I could be wrong.

Amazing toasted sandwiches - if you're going, go hungry!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was in town the other evening, they are on the corner where Sweet Beat used to be :)

Tir na nOg is reopening. I would imagine new management as the previous owners retired

A new Korean restaurant on Castle St, Miss Suzy is now open and a new bar, Peacock Lane in Ballisodare is due to open on Saturday. They have live entertainment planned on Saturday and Sunday night this weekend.

Nuggies Candystore has opened in Johnston Court Shopping Centre (the Canopy). It's an American type sweet shop https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100085771194481

Post edited by magnumlady on

• Advertisement

Made in Sligo has also opened on Wine Street across from The Swagman, they used to have a concession in Henry Lyons but have their own bigger space no. Nice things in there

Not a store but a pub...Haydens of Ballymote has reopened after several years of being shut. As far as I know they closed due to Covid when all the pubs had to close but had never reopened until recently. White Hag brewery has taken it over and are serving their craft beers plus some regulars. I got that info second hand so someone more local might confirm ?

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550921036170

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Does anyone know if they've reopened and if they have a website of any kind?

Just a Facebook page but there is very little on it. Looks like it will be an organic food shop called Tír na nÓg

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092314091644

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks Miamee. I was thinking of getting a voucher for someone but it might be early days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

A new African- Caribbean restaurant (can't remember name) opening on Grattan street where the original Sligo Supply was( opposite Higgins chemist).

^^ It's called Funké

^^^

Thanks for the heads-up, Miamee.

(even though they spelt "colors" i/o "colours" 🤨😠)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Surprised Magnum Lady hasn't mentioned it yet but Caffe Nero is opening where The Adelaide used to be.

Advertisement