Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Heards Borderline personality disorder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I don't recognise all of that , is an incredibly shrill facial demeanour an indicator?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Ranting and raving? Erm drama much?

Target? They are like a Terminator seeking their prey is it?

The irony of me 'ranting' and 'raving' as you say is you are the one replying to it all. If my time can be better spent surely yours can too? Or pehaps you are suggesting my time is far more valuable than yours as it's only my time being wasted whilst your time being wasted doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

do they really, i worked with a chap that i suspected had bpd, hes dead now, excessed his life to death! learned to control his life, i think not!

cluster b's are horrendous, tis sad that such disorders have come to be in a courtroom, i suspect depp is also autistic, so a cluster b with a developmental disorder, leads to mayhem, hopefully both get the help they need, and the rest of us become more aware of such disorders

Erm who said that? You always know a joke isn't funny at all when someone puts stupid laughing emojis on their own posts. Are we 12 here? No sorry a 12 year old be more mature than that. I can guarantee you wouldn't be joking about a female victim of a male BPD sufferer would I be right? Someone it's ok to make jokes when it's a man though.

Whilst some BPD women are stunning including my ex (and Amber Heard is too) and the hyper sexuality is intoxicating at first they are very unwell people mentally like 10-20% of BPD women attempt suicide at some point. That's no joke. The suffering they experience is very real it's a shame they inflict it on others too but it certainly is no joke Boogles it's obvious you have never had mental health difficulties if you mock and joke about them.

I do really think they need to get help and I really think they should be open with people they enter relationships with about their illness. I know from my posts and 2 others who had relationships with BPD women the women were not upfront about their diagnosis at first. They should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Weird thread starting with a very long i told you so.

I just wonder will any of this have any bearing on the outcome of the case ?

• Advertisement

...a thread on boards, influencing the outcome, i think not!

Always so nice when someone offers free psychoanalysis on line ,most charge for such pearls of wisdom, don't waste you're gift on here

There's a good lad

Depp comes across as a complete mess of a human ,what a pair

sorry, couldnt resist! hard to know where this will go though, but hopefully it brings more awareness to such disorders, tis very sad though, they both clearly need a lot of professional help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Of course you are ranting. You’re condemning a whole group of people based on experiences with one person. How is this constructive?

If you are correct about your ex having been scheming and manipulative then you were a target, yes. If you are self serving and strategic it’s the easiest thing in the world to pick out people who suit your need. You will have had qualities that made you an attractive mark, it’s as simple as that. And you don’t need to suffer form BPD to figure this out and make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Esho

I thought so too from my own experience. I hope Johnny Depp gets a good outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

I agree completely with this, two vile self-absorbed toxic human beings. I cannot imagine a more worse matched pair. I happened to see a clip where Depp was being applauded for saying the only person he harmed throughout his addiction was himself, this man is supposedly in recovery and says this, what did he learn in there which no doubt cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. I'm not saying that he physically abused her as I don't know or really care but throughout his addiction he most definitely harmed a lot of people around him and he is totally oblivious to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Now you are just back to ranting Howard.

Listen she is never going return any of your messages.

You need get over it, move on.

I wish you well. 👍️

" vile " is a very strong word , I would not envy Depps life at all , he looks like sh1t and was a good looking dude as recent as the late nineties

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Bi-polar is a very sad condition and sometimes people just cant be helped at all.

A girl who I had never met called me one night.

She had been going out with my cousin (Lets call him John here), who i was very close to until his bi polar behavior became too much and i had to put some distance between us . We stayed friendly but we were never very close again.

So this girl proceeded to tell me that she had been going out with my cousin for about a year (He was living abroad and i hadnt seen him in that length of time) and he always spoke about me as his closest friend and thats why she got my number and decided to ring me.

It turned out that he was doing his usual bi-polar behavior that pushed me away as i now had a family to protect from his behavior and it wasnt just me.

When when finished listing off the things he was doing I said to her a few other things that John usually did and asked her if she had seen that and she said yes.

So then i decided that I would lay it all out on the line for her. I told her exactly what he was like and said to her she needed to decide if she can out up with that because it wont change or walk away. Basically his MO is to ingratiate himself to people and then ruin their lives in whatever way he can. He gets some sort of satisfaction from making people miserable and ruining any good things in their lives. And you feel so sorry for him until the point he flips. He is very good at it.

We spoke for about 2 hours that night and she was crying the whole time. I advised her to just end it and get on with a normal life or she would be dealing with this for ever.

She didnt follow my advise and they stayed together. I met her a few times in person with him when they came back to Ireland over the next few years.

They were to get married but he had a freaker a week before the wedding and hit her and it was all over after that because it was so public. Nobody would let her marry him. Anyway he is still the same idiot he has always been and has burned all bridges with everyone. He comes back acting all remorseful every now and again but people know him well enough now to send him on his way. The last I heard she is married with a family and is very happy now.

Some people need to be cut out of your life even if they are ill, because trying to help them will just bring you and anyone you let near them down too.

Sad, but I do think personality disorders like BPD are worse than depressive illnesses like Bi-polar. So much harder to treat BPD with medication than say bi-polar and I have experienced bi-polar people do and they are alot more stable in my opinion.

However yes they can mess with peoples lifes terribly and think nothing of it. Like think nothing of abhorrent behavior.

My ex told me after we broke up as BPD women like to keep in contact (abandonment issues) she slept with her then boss to get at his wife, she thought literally nothing of it. Was like ordering a pizza to her. Now he was a married man with 3 children and whilst he was in the wrong also she very actively put into place a plan to seduce him and sleep with him and she achieved it all over his wife giving her 'daggers' or the 'evil eyes' over that she went out of her way to destroy his marriage. In her eyes it was equal her getting a 'daggers' look and bedding that woman's husband.

I used to know a girl like that too. She would actually say to you that this girl pissed her off so she was going to shag her husband. And she would then do it and tell everyone. Crazy stuff. And the thing was she was really good looking and could be a really lovely person until she decided on a victim, then the looks and charm became a weapon for her. Took total pleasure in breaking up relationships.

There seems to be a lack of knowledge and understanding from some of you about what exactly borderline personality disorder is. I'm reminded of the saying regarding people who have autism, 'you meet one person who has autism then you have met one person'. There is a tendency with psychological disorders to forget about the individual so they become the disorder. This is one reason why I'm not a fan of labels. Another reason is that they can give the person something to hide behind and even use the diagnosis to manipulate and excuse dreadful behaviour.

Borderline personality disorder is basically a complex set of issues that come about due to early trauma. There is also evidence to suggest a neurological component. The HPA axis which we need to keep things steady when under stress is off kilter in those who have experienced abuse in childhood. Also the cortisol that the axis produces tends to be high in BPD.

This is a bit chicken and egg I think because trauma will elevate stress in the body therefore resulting in a highly active HPA.

There are other pieces of research which suggest a smaller hippocampus and amygdala in people with BPD. Here is a a copy and paste of the part they both play.

•Due to repeated triggering the amygdala - the brain’s smoke detector - in a state of high alert

• Orbitofrontal systems - deal with self-control and rational thought - less activated due to repeated trauma 

• Alexander McFarlane' study of Australian combat veterans • Difficulty with self-soothing and inhibition of fear activation by amygdala

• Chronic high levels of stress hormones compromise hippocampal functioning, decreasing the ability to control amygdala functioning

• Hippocampal compromise decreases reality testing and memory functioning. Cozolino L. (2002)

I lean more towards the developmental theories. There's a reason why a loving and secure childhood is crucial to being healthy adults. Parents are people too but they aren't perfect and sometimes the ruptures of childhood accumulate and are left unrepaired. It can be hell for those suffering and it can be hell for those close to them.

Clinically it isn't the easiest of mental health illnesses to work with. I don't believe it can be 'fixed' but rather managed as the early hurts are healed. The treatment outcomes are dependent on the individual so it isn't accurate to say things like 'all are impossible to help' or whatever. We are more than our pain, than our losses, than the things that we have experienced.

It's important to add that not every individual who has experienced a less than good enough upbringing will develop BPD. Babies have their own temperament which may withstand gaps in attachment and a chaotic environment.

For any of you who would like to understand more then have a read of Bessel Van Der kolk, Otto Kernberg, Marsha Linehan and Marcus West. Google is full of statistics as well for connecting childhood abuse with BPD and interestingly overlaps with complex PTSD, not to be confused with PTSD.

*My copy and paste came from here:Cozolino L. (2002) The impact of trauma on the brain. In The neuroscience of psychotherapy. Building and rebuilding the human brain (pp.257-288). New York: W.W. Norton.

• Advertisement

good god so if any woman does anything wrong now it's bpd 🙄

Yeah women out there like that. My ex was a very attractive woman in her 20's the daughter of a model; she always dressed well, always wore short tight leather skirts and as she use to say she liked being 'the best looking woman in the room' but under them good looks lay someone with a very troubled mind who cared not for others and actively went out to hurt them. Like pursued vengeance and revenge on people to the detriment of her life and career. In fact when others fired back at her she would always play the victim much like Amber Heard does actually.

You see in that trial the more it came out she punched Johnny Depp in the face or the more it came out she throw hard objects at him the more she pouted and pretended to cry and be in distress. The actress job was apt for Amber Heard with the incessant manipulation.

Yes ,the typical dopey " but men do that too "

Heard is a woman ,it's an irrelevance that men also can have BPD, everyone knows that Already

Who said that? Dont be making stupid assumptions.

Reading your posts James, odd but you must be an expert to say bpd is worse than bi polar or depressive illnesses, I assume you can back that up with fact ?

Where did I say that? You see, you are making stupid assumptions again. And this time you are assuming you read something that i didnt even post.

I read the OP again and I read my response again. You are right. Nowhere did Howard state that 'men don't have BPD' or 'only women have'. I'm not sure why I thought there was an element of 'women are bad and men are good'. He didn't say that.

What I will stand by however is my disagreement with the blanket assumptions that he made. My comment about men came about from somewhere other that the words on the screen.

the only stupid assumptions here are your posts james, very strange indeed. Granted it was the op that said BPD is worse than bi polar or other depressive illnesses so i take that back, but your rambling earlier about your cousin john is worrying stuff.

• Advertisement

Psychological tx dont work. Meds dont work they just sedate and blunten spontaneity. DBT is efrectively a therapist calling them out on their **** behaviour and seens to have the best outcomes.

I consider the dsm definitons to be descriptions of behaviour not illness per se with respect yo personality disorder. More business for psychiatrists.

For example if you point a gun at a person in crisis with schizophrenia or bipolar their behaviour will continue while a borderline will then do exactly ehat they are told(while the gun is there)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement