Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson Fury v Dillian Whyte - Wembley Stadium - April 23rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Hi folks, sorry to intrude this is probably better on a technology forum or something..

I don’t have BT Sports or Sky but I have an LG Smart TV with apps like nowTV and I hook up the laptop via HDMI.

read that I can’t get the BT Sport app on LG TV.

is my best bet for tomorrow night to try buy the sports package on now tv for a month? (If it has bt sport box office )

or go to Argos today and buy a chrome cast and try buy the fight through BT sport on the laptop? Thank you in advance/

im having a few friends over to my new house and left it a bit late in the day to organise, don’t want to disappoint with any crap streams!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

On paper you wold imagine the above statement to be true but its not that simple

Wilder shots where big right hands ,yes they are massive shots & without question the best right hand in the sport right now , so in that respect we agree,

The problem is if Whyte ko's him its not with a right hand, its catch check left hook , you literally don' see it and your coming forward on all your weight, Its a real lights out punch if you get sloppy & lean into it ,

Wilders right hand is easier for Wilder to land because he can get you at range or coming in, For Whyte to get you with the check left it take a lot more setting up but believe me if he does land it he can ko anyone ,

Its funny because against AVP in the first fight Dillion landed it a couple of times but not 100 flush & when he got predictable looking for it AVP used his own sneaky upper cut to turn Whyte lights off, again a punch Whyte did not see & ducked into ,

I think a fresh Tyson is to long & clever to get caught by that shot from Whyte but if he gets buzzed & or becomes sloppy it could land & will cause massive problems

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

Weird seeing Fury so subdued in the press conference the last day, praising Whyte as a fighter where he usually berates and abuses his opponent.

Unless some sort of tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i read the post, youve said the same thing about 20 times, that the 12th round knock down in the first fight werent especially heavy shots, clean but not heavy. I disagree.

Defend fury nonsense? someone has to give some perspective because all you do is do him down 😁 even when you let on not to.

I really like Whyte and I think it's sad how so many under rate him and act like he's useless.

Having said that, Fury is technically superior, taller, heavier, longer reach, better tank.

If I was Whyte, I'd go hell for the leather for the body early on and try to land a perfectly timed left hook.

He could pull off the upset. But it's hugely unlikely and I think Whyte will gas by the mid rounds so Fury will take over by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,183 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So we agree.....you think Whyte has a punchers chance only, as do I.

Just because Wilder could not KO him doesn't mean Whyte can't.

Try keep up.

You seem to be responding to posts that maybe were from months ago. I never mentioned anything about rd 12 KD not being heavy or hard. I simply said that it was KD from two punches where Fury was on the canvas for 10 seconds.

You think they were great shots.... Good for you.

try keep up, sure thing chief, your superior intellect makes it challenging but ill try my best.

You have said in the past the knock down in 12 wasnt particularly heavy, have you changed your mind?

nothing extra ordinary about him recovering from all shots, and wilder has hit men cleaner and heavier, thats you doing it yesterday, talking down the 12th round knock down in wilder fury 1.

Yes, in my opinion (and not alone) Wilder has hit men harder and cleaner....get over it.

You are, as usual, making a mountain out a molehill. We agree that Whyte has a punchers chance.

Nobody is saying that Fury has a weak chin. He has very good recuperative powers, as he has displayed.

Simple: Whyte could KO Fury. And just because Wilder did not does not mean Whyte cannot. Stop looking for offence with this very correct and logical take.

And stop looking for offence because some might think that the 12th rd knockdown was not Wilder's heaviest type shots.

You've an awful hard on for Fury. We get it!

The lads weighing in soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭ebbsy

There is more chance of me winning the world snooker championship than that happening.

The gulf in class is huge.

On points, yes...little chance. But it's HW boxing......big men punching!

So far Haye and Chisora backing Whyte by KO, and Conor Benn was, but now on the fence...

Lot folks backing Fury, but giving Whyte a real decent chance! Probably most just being diplomatic

• Registered Users Posts: 19,300 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"Weird seeing Fury so subdued in the press conference"

Is it possible the Kinehan craziness has unsettled him?

I hope Whyte knocks him out, just for this alone..

just because you are wrong doesnt mean i am looking for offence, get over yourself kid,

you have an awful hard on for anyone that isnt fury 😉

Whyte 253 lbs and Fury 264....

Nothing right or wrong, kiid. All just opinions; just take a chill pill and accept that we call can't have hards-ons for Fury!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

Fury stone lighter than against Wilder last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Whyte looks fairly fat by his own standards. Fury looks to be in good shape (for him)

Yes, I saw that coming. He looked trimmer from any videos I saw the past few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wouldn't read much into it I don't think Haye has ever picked Fury in any fight ever.

I think you are right.

surprised at chisora picking whyte, but who knows what his motivations are.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭BK5

Fury had a very poor prep for the 3rd Wilder fight so not surprised to see him lighter. Whyte coming in at 18 stone is too heavy in my opinion.

As said above Fury has much the better gas tank and Whyte comes in heavy, makes no sense.

id agree, he must be hoping for an early night.

Yep, a man after me own heart; although even I have seen the light!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Fury seems to be in good shape, my concern for him would have been a poor preparation, but it looks like he did focus and prepare well. He has physical advantages and is a better boxer too so it's hard to look past him. A Whyte win is not impossible, but a Fury one is far more likely. I'd go with a late stoppage .

I stopped betting against Fury after the 1st Wilder fight, he proved me wrong about 3 or 4 fights before it. 😀

I know 253 is an average weight for Whyte, but do you not think that is too heavy for a pro boxer of his size/height?

A lot of the modern heavyweights look like fat slobs these days.

I agree.....253 is too heavy for these 6 feet 3/4 lads....

FFS, Lewis and Bowe, who are both bigger than Whyte in an overall sense, were 230s at their peak.....and ATG they were.

One thing you hear a lot today is that the lads are better today because they are bigger.....no, they are not at all bigger. Some are, but most are just out of shape heavier.....

Whyte and Chisora, for example would be normal sized HWs in the 1980s and 1990s......just fat and overweight!

• Advertisement

I honestly don't know how they think they are better when they are carrying too much weight and basically not in prime shape. I read once that Holyfield was never once the heavier man in any fight he had at heavyweight, and I think he done ok for himself.

Advertisement