Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outer Range - Amazon Prime - (***Spoilers***)

• 09-03-2022 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭

Amazon's attempt to do a Yellowstone with a mordern wrestren.

An all star cast lead by Josh Brolin, Lili Taylor & Will Patton.

Starts April 15th

Outer Ranger revolves around Royal Abbott (Brolin) a rancher fighting for his land and family, who discovers an unfathomable mystery at the edge of Wyoming’s wilderness.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Hmmmm..

The Mystery, the soldiers and for some reason the inclusion of Tom Pelphrey .. feels a bit odd. Like I dunno.. maybe the mystery isn't a western thing or maybe it's just the show is gonna be very violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tom is a great actor, kinda shades of Westworld too as Yellowstone

Yeeehaw..

definitely feels like something wierd is going on..

Outer Range | Sneak Peek | Prime Video

Damn it.. nothin but crumbs..

The wiki just has: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Range_(TV_series)

A rancher uncovers a mystery[clarification needed] in the wilderness of Wyoming.

clarification needed indeed!

The creator has nothing else listed except this show: Brian Watkins - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2599770/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

God damn, that's how you do a trailer: absolutely enigmatic - is there a supernatural element going on, or just a lot of moodiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

This has me hooked in already.

I wonder if it'll be a series drop or a 2 at time like Mrs. Maisel. I used to think binging was the best but now I'm back enjoying weekly drops because it breaks the week when I've quiet evenings.

Josh producing with Brad Pitt's company

Oooooh. I didn't spot it was Plan B involved. Mystery intensifies!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well damn. That's a helluva tease; I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

I’m a sucker for anything that involves Brolin but this looks great.

Mystery Pit! BUT what's in it?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

No reviews until the day before has me concerned.

Writers and directors of the episodes listed on the imdb page: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11685912/fullcredits/

Nothing really jumping off the screen at me from their history.

Well they piled on the eerie in the first episode with the music.

Well now the end of episode 2 goes full bonkers.

1: WTF!

Wasn't expecting her to throw him in the hole/time-portal/thing in the ground.

Well, this show definitely feels a bit modern grim cowboy/ranchery mixed with some science fiction.

Closest I think I can think of to this type of feeling show is a mix of Yellowstone and Interstellar. Maybe a little season one of True Detective.

Wasn't sure at first but think the call about it probably being violent is on the money.

Not sure what audience this can pull in but I'm interested.

Pretty good intro to the story so far. All still very mysterious.

I was half guessing this poet might be a grown up version of the daughter/grand-daughter Amy

2: Oh Hell Yeah! I'd be fairly confident then that this is a science fiction show.

Guessing.. time travel just discovered..

probably something about rare earth materials discovered under the land and that's what the rocks/geology and their quantum properties

..might not be the Tillersons who got the land.. maybe the company from that logo BY9..

.. lots of mining equipment and soliders.. could be government.. who knows.. anyway

Tillerson kid just out to shoot him for either helping hide the body of his brother or something he has yet to do..

but.. booo! gonna lose Brolin in the show at some point.

unless this is some kinda paralell universe like in counterpart.. but I'm doubting it.. though the dodgy purple and yellow colours kinda felt wierd

The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black (Official Lyric Video)

Good opening episode, full of dread and mystery. The last moment surprised a lot; definitely will keep watching to see how things unravel, as much for the human drama as the supernatural. The trick will be keeping that sense of the uncanny without becoming tedious - but we're off to a good start.

Tom Pelphrey is a fantastic actor though, one who really is overdue more exposure / a lead role at this stage.

3: Damn but this is a mystery!

I.. I'm pretty sure I saw hexagons behind Autumn when Royal was shaking her hand and the mountain disappeared.

Then everyone else saw it disappear.. so like.. is it really time travel.. is it more westworld or a simulation or something. I haven't a clue! Well.. except those clues!

Also.. I swear! .. that dude the Sherriff talked to reminded me of Paul Rudd!

oh.. and lol.. from Yellowstone I knew to count to 15 at the rodeo 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is this pretentious nonsense? - yes or no?

4: This show is bonkers! I haven't a clue. I think maybe.. no.. no haven't a clue.

There's so much going on.

If they have a well wrapped story.. it's gonna be mad stuff!

haven't a clue .. yet.

I will say this much about episode 4

That buffalo having 4 eyes.. and to an extent.. all the appearances of the buffalo really remind me of the way some anime does animals.. maybe it's reminding me a bit of Princess Mononoke

That poker game was cool. I did google up a cheat sheet during it to follow the bids (he won as full house beats a flush if I read it correctly).

The sherriff feels like she's at least trying a bit properly.. there's actual detective work there with trying to get the stories outta the brothers and Royal.

Then the mention of the UFO in Montana reminds me of Fargo season 2 and that combined with the detective.. it's all a bit Fargo ish.

Just.. just so much going on. I just don't know what they're up to.

And.. the music ain't terrible.. it's just hard to pick just one song for an episode cos they're really going all-in with it.

Deadpool really has my mind in a different place for this song but.. they went with it

Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning (Official Music Video)

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

I like that many of the suspenseful situations are reaching resolution quickly, when they could be left to run for several episodes. Not too many loose ends to follow at once. Perhaps they realise this is unlikely to be commissioned for a second series so keeping it self contained.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Could be. Hard keeping.. the type of science fiction device.. they are using in a controlled way in general so keeping the number of loose ends low might be by design either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The story would be interesting even without the supernatural element

The Bull McCabe isn't exclusive to Kerry

😁

5: This show is just so damn intense! and like.. is it for a western type show audience?

Is it science fiction? I dunno. I don't know who they're targetting the show at. I don't know how they could get the audeince they want with mystery developing like it is.

anyway.. OK .. So!..

the dust of the rock got on his skin and did some time/vision stuff

the kid looking like he was covered in the stuff grabbing young Tillerson in the vision/memory has that kinda backed up in my mind

Really strong performances in this one from Josh Brolin (Royal), Lili Taylor (Cecilia) and Tom Pelphrey (Perry).

Especailly Lili Taylor putting in the work with the .. kinda guilt I'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,133 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thanos is a cowboy, I fell asleep to the first episode, seems good, will nap to it again 4/5. Seems legit just a slow burner.

• Advertisement

Advertisement