Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outer Range - Amazon Prime - (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

6: It's all just so intense! That ending like! So much going on! 😦

Anyway.. earlier

with the bear.. the first bear.. I was like .. uh oh revenant moment coming up.. but then it was a vision animal again.. and what even are these vision animals!!?

then the second bear.. with Cecilia cutting her hand on the tooth.. that was an awkard watch!

Autumn without the drugs! Getting really irritated and angry and cutting herself. I don't even know.

Definitely some of these characters have gotta be .. either already contacted from the future/past or they themselves be from the future/past.

and who was Cecilia talking to on the phone about money too!

So yeah.. lots going on!

and what was with the wierd breathing in the background of the credits music!

and a nod from me to whoever came up with including the dogs in the scene at the end.. it did add to the grounding of the scene I felt

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just finished episode six. I'm enjoying it so far. I just hope the pay-off is worth it.

Just watched the finale. Was the pay-off worth it? Not sure. There are still questions to be answered. I would be interested in a second series.

I thought of that twist ending in the first episode or two but I didn't think it would pan out that way as the series went on. I'm curious to know why Amy's mother decided to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I finished the series last night. Am I the only one who just doesn’t get it…. I mean the entire thing ?

They've left a lot of stuff unanswered. Reminds me of Lost in that sense.

• Advertisement

7: This is such a cool new science fictioney / westerney concept show!

I've no clue if the show is getting audience but the story is so fresh and mysterious!

The development of Autumn and Billy Tillerson is being done so well!

Also, finally a reveal of one of the time travellers.

I'm starting to wonder if this show is gonna be a Dark level of depth mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I still dont get Autumn's arc. The finale reveal was interesting but her motivations seemed all over the place. In practical terms the family did kill a person and try to cover it up so did this show lack any good guys to root for?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps we're all supposed to feel sorry for them because they all seem to be victims of something or other, and mentally vulnerable?

The whole series was weirdly interesting 😒

I think it had a number of very good actors struggling with a very strange script. I wished they had reveled who Autumn was talking to on the phone, who she was trying to get money from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭moby2101

very disappointed with this.

I knew I should have switched off after the first episode. Got swayed by some of the ratings it was getting online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Surely, you must have liked the spontaneous singing? 🤣

I actually enjoyed those moments those two had. The awkward kissing and melodramatic lines were entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

She said "Mom" at one point on the phone - I'm assuming Rebecca had a hand in this somewhere down the line.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Well. That was season one! The is definitely a Modern Day Western Style Science Fiction mystery.

I really got engrossed in this story and mystery and look forward to a season two if they get to make one!

The level of story detail here.. I can only think of Dark on Netflix as being in a similar area.

8: This was a really well made episode. Some of the cowboy scenes had some intense effort put in.

The rodeo.. damn I didn't know if Rhett was gonna die or not. That was so tense!

Amy's mom showing up. She's gotta be involved in the time travelling aleady. Haven't a clue who she's afraid of. Maybe Royal, maybe Perry, maybe the Tillersons, maybe some unknown.

Then Autumn is Amy.. I called that earlier in the thread I think. Made sense but really reinforces that this is at a level of complex story telling that I can only think of Dark on Netflix as being close to.

The coolest scene by far though..

had to be the gunfight at the O.K. Corral! that felt like a western showdown and then maybe a little like Hell or High Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so fable of the story is.. be careful what you wish for??

He shot his Dad by accident and was so mortified that he wanted the 'ground to open up and swallow him' and hence it did😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I f**king love this show. Only 2 episodes in and I’m kinda hoping every episode ends with Roy falling into the hole 🤠

episode 3, I’m a little disappointed that it didn’t end with Brolin falling down the hole, but on the plus side, it was another cracking episode with a great ending.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've only watched the first 4 episodes and TBH I've enjoyed the human drama, such that the supernatural, slightly withholding narrative has just been fun garnish.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

What was the significance of the 🦬 buffalo??

Ep:4. This show is so good. The acting, the music, the quirky sense of humour, the random breaking out in song, the giant hole.

Its a toss up between Autumn and Billy for my favourite character so far.

I'm loving this.

• Advertisement

Ah good.. I knew I'd need a video like this in case anyone asked what to expect from the show 😁

All of Noah Reid's Singing | Outer Range | Prime Video

I think it's part of the science fiction side.. think.. not 100% though

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

As in only Royal and the hippy chick can see it??😶

At their best the likes of David Lynch, Damon Lindelof Et al really hit the nail on the head with great drama that the supernatural eliminates take a back seat.

I’m still only on episode 6, but what I think this show is doing right is exactly that . The base story, acting, and overall quality of the show is great, I tend to tune in and out of the fact that it’s a supernatural show.

Post edited by kerplun k on

Eeehhhhhhh..... like I'm not sure. I was putting it down to

something to do with time travel but.. BUT! I like this idea that it's only Royal and Autumn who could see it. I think others saw these vision animals too but maybe it's a group thing

Ep7, the penultimate episode. Plenty of hole action which is great, but the only thing missing here was a musical number from Billy.

WTF, can Autumn control the hole?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Finished this up today; overall I really enjoyed it. Yes it's almost aggressively mysterious for its own sake, but it carried it off with enough brooding energy I could forgive that. It looked great, and its actors really committed to their roles, which helped that never distant sense of "huh?" I was left with throughout. Often the supernatural was just window dressing to Broken People Making Bad Choices.

This show may also easily win any award for the most disgusting, tongue-flapping kiss. Gross.

Strong disagree with describing any smooching with Imogen Poots as gross 😁

• Advertisement

Finished the last episode tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The last episode was so good, I didn't care about the ambiguity. It was like an opera. It was beautifully shot and edited, and the long score tuning in and out of the scenes was epic.

Advertisement