Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets Dublin Convention Centre 29 April 2020

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,110 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hi there,

There's been a slight change to your event...

It's not a huge change, but the venue have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show (13 April 2022) will now start at 20:00 and will have no support.

Everything else is staying exactly the same and your tickets are still valid - you don't need to do anything other than show up on the night.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs

We're sorry if this affects your plans, but we hope that you enjoy the show.

Best Wishes,

Ticketmaster Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Will take happily if still there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What happened The Nal, that's sad you canna make it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Nothing happened all good. I'm going on holiday. Booked the gig before the holiday. Culline took them anyway so glad they're not going to waste and going to a fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Hi folks. A bit last minute but I have 2 free tickets for the show tonight if anyone wants them. Nosebleed seats (Row X on the circle) but a good view of the stage all the same.

Don't want to see them go to waste!

I'm the skinhead lad in the Syd barrett signature tee shirt this evening if anyone wants to say hello

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭furiousox

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Wow what a gig, 'Echoes' was astounding!

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

I am blown away.

I never thought I'd here some of those songs live. Amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

Loved every moment of it. The band also appeared to. Sound was amazing and the setlist - well just so much quality in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Phenomenal show.

Repaid every minute of the two-year, 11-month and 14 day wait a million times over.

Amazed that there seemed to be a fair few extra seats

What a gig. Far exceeded my expectations. So many highlights - opening with One Of These Days, then along the way we got Set The Controls, Fearless, If, The Nile Song, etc ... but man oh man ECHOES 😎 Fantastic.

I'll even forgive Nick apologizing saying he hadn't played in Ireland for 50yrs - he obviously forgot guesting with Roger in Cork in 2006.

Quick mention for the two "lesser known" members Lee Harris and Dom Beken - they were phenomenal.

Long shot but does anyone have a spare/unwanted band logo t-shirt from last night?

All the XL were sold out at the intermission. 😕

CPL 593H

That was a fantastic night last night, Dublin was jumping, three different gigs on the go, David Townsend in 3Olympia, Nick at Convention and Little Simz at 3Arena, Nick even got a joke in about her. Some nice new surprises in that set list and like what everyone else was saying Echoes was phenomenal. @furiousox you can still buy the merchandise online here.

"Little mix" BD😜

I only know that as we got caught in that crowd waiting on a taxi back. Some age difference :D

@RayCon

Are you sure he played cork in 06?

I was at that "tripped out" gig in the marquee back then, and there was loads of rumours that nick was to turn up to play, but I'm not sure he did. Maybe I'm completely mistaken, but that's my memory of it

I'm still buzzing after last night. We even got a an OBCs track in "childhoods end", the nile song which fcuking ROCKED and two jams from "endless river"

wow what a gig!!!

I was at the marquee gig too, nick mason was definitely there.

He played the dark side of the moon segment in the second part of the show.

CPL 593H

What one was the keyboard player, Lee Harris or Dom Beken, he got amazing authentic sounds from that keyboard, better even than the reformed Floyd from the 80s and 90s or Waters band, the beautiful vibraphone sounds for Set the Controls, the opening for Obscured by Clouds (Nick must have been listening to some of Floyd's 72 bootlegs to get that particular sound) the asdic ping for Echoes being sublime and of course one of the tracks from the Masters of Rock compilation Candy & the Currant Bun among others.

Excellent, I love a day when my reality is augmented for the better!! :D

• Advertisement

Missed Astronomy Domine and a bit of the Nile Song in the second set as had to finish my pint in the outer area, it was a pain to have to drink out there, but I understand that the place is kept nice otherwise and would be an absolute mess if drink was allowed into the actual arena. I found all the staff to be very nice also and courteous and I suppose they thought the same for the wide range of ages attending the gig. Hopefully we were a well behaved crowd. :)

Edit: It looks like I missed Interstellar Overdrive too that was apparently in the set list opening set 2. The amazing thing about that concert hall, you could hardly hear it in the foyer or bar area.

@sydthebeat you said there was bits of Endless River, was that preceding the One of these days track when there was ambient sounds coming out of the speakers?

Post edited by bodhrandude on

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

What a brilliant gig that was. My first time in the convention centre, what a great venue it was.

The music was amazing, could have sat there all night listening to them play.

Good concert and glad I went. Echoes was highlight for me albeit not “perfect”

Some of the “singing” was, well, to be kind, needs a bit more perfecting 😂

Overall though I enjoyed it for what it was- it was super seeing Nick Mason up close and what a nice guy he is. Was lovely seeing these near forgotten gems from the early Floyd been given an outing and a lovely tribute to Syd also. It was never going to be one of those “wow” big production concerts like Waters does with the Wall and his last visit in the 3 Arena which were just superb - but it was nevertheless equally special and a labour of love -thanks Nick fair play for doing it

Someone posted a bit of echoes from last night already on youtuby

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYxYmGuD-as

Yeah quite a lot of clips from the gig posted already, you think they could have waited a night to not spoil it for the Belfast audience tonight. Took some clips myself which I will post at some point.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A late start, a good 2 hours plus the interval and banging that big gong, reckon it just went past bedtime....

Did you manage to get one online. of course there will probably be a tenner or 12 quid post and packaging charge in the process.

Coming in at 57.50 for the shirt incl delivery. 😕

Too much, even 35 quid at the gig was steep but I suppose that's the going rate for tour "merch" these days.

Anyone going to the Belfast gig tonight? 😀

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Advertisement

I never realised that Keyboardist Dom Beken is also part of The Orb too, nice stuff.

Advertisement